Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: down goes Frazier?

Re: down goes Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Well, who was talking about Valdez? I was talking about getting rid of Harris.
    Getting rid of Harris doesn't effect the SS position. I assumed you were talking about Valdez because you were talking about Frazier playing SS. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

It better not come down to a "business" decision, and that they simply sent Frazier back because he has options. Harris needs to be gone..... PERIOD! End of problem.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    It should be a crime against Baseball to send Frazier down and keep Harris on the roster. I don't care if Harris does bat Left handed he can't hit as good as Frazier.
    Well said. If they send Frazier down they are doing a total disservice to the team. Harris should be released. Valdez is OK for what he does. I just look at him as an older version of Janish.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If Fazier is sent down it will be an atrocious decision from the FO. No doubt, Dusty wants to keep Willy, so please Jocketty......... over-rule and keep Frazier up.

I quick look at the stats:

Todd Frazier, age 26:
    2012: .389/.476/.889 for an OPS of 1.365 in 21 plate appearances.
    2011: .232/.289/.438 for an OPS of .727 in 121 plate appearances.

Willie Harris, age 34 in June:
    2012: .086/.135/.143 for an OPS of .278 in 37 plate appearances.
    2011: .246/.351/.317 for an OPS of .668 in 283 plate appearances.

Even if we disregard the massive difference in 2012 stats, Frazier was better LAST year, is younger, better in the field, and cheaper.

I think it's time for Mr. Harris to pack his bags once Cairo comes off the DL. I'm just not sure they should call up Miguel until he gets it going a little more in the minors.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Not that it's earth-shattering news, but Todd's wife Tweeted the following a short time ago:

Jackie Frazier ‏ @JFraz14

Anxious to see what the day brings ��

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Not that it's earth-shattering news, but Todd's wife Tweeted the following a short time ago:

Now with all due respect to Frazier, Latos, and their wives...is it me or do Jackie Frazier and Dallas Latos look a lot alike.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: down goes Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Can't send him down, he has more home runs than Albert Pujols.

and a big thumbs up for thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post

I'm curious what last night brought.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It better not come down to a "business" decision, and that they simply sent Frazier back because he has options. Harris needs to be gone..... PERIOD! End of problem.
    That's the kind of stuff that really turns alot of Reds fans off.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes the right "business" decision is also the right baseball decision. Frazier has been hot over the past two weeks in Cincy. But doesn't that scream "small sample size?" If Harris is cast off what kind of depth does that leave the Reds with? Valakia and Janish?

Managing your 40 man roster is about the entire season and not just a good 2 week spell or a bad two weeks spell. Its about what makes your team better to to bottom throughout the entire season, not what the fans want after 1/5th of the season has past.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes the right "business" decision is also the right baseball decision. Frazier has been hot over the past two weeks in Cincy. But doesn't that scream "small sample size?" If Harris is cast off what kind of depth does that leave the Reds with? Valakia and Janish?

Managing your 40 man roster is about the entire season and not just a good 2 week spell or a bad two weeks spell. Its about what makes your team better to to bottom throughout the entire season, not what the fans want after 1/5th of the season has past.
    Negron is also available. Harris is just not someone that they should sweat over worrying about letting go.

Blake DeWitt is also soon to be available.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Negron is also available. Harris is just not someone that they should sweat over worrying about letting go.
    Harris is aprt of the OF depth, not middle infield.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Harris is aprt of the OF depth, not middle infield.
    Tell that to the poster who I responded to.

Fay reports Willie was leaving Miller Park!!!

Turn Off Ads?