Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: down goes Frazier?

Re: down goes Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Willie, maybe you end up contributing later this season. But for now, you had to go.

It's a good decision, but I'll never celebrate a guy losing his job.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Interesting note, Harris was born in Cairo, GA. So Cairo makes a beginning and an end for Harris.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Hopefully at least one additional move is coming. Bring in a lefty hitter. There are several candidates to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

It's a good decision, but I'll never celebrate a guy losing his job.
    Feel the same way. I always like to trade away fodder instead of releasing it. I guess there wasn't any market for him either before he came here or now. That speaks volumes.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Yeah, I don't envy the life of an edge of the roster player like Harris - you're never really appreciated and people actually cheer when you get hurt or fired but these guys bust their tails for the team the same as the stars. I'm glad if the roster can be improved but I send them off with well wishes and thanks for the time they were here. Willie was the one to go logically but I hope he gets a shot to play somewhere else on a big league team again. Baseball is a tough business - its people but you can't be emotional about them if you want to be successful. Sometimes that's tough for me - I tend to get attached to players even when I know in my head they aren't getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

And thats why you wait until the front office makes a move before complaining about it!
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

And thats why you wait until the front office makes a move before complaining about it!
    Perfect Arrested Development reference. Props in all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Feel the same way. I always like to trade away fodder instead of releasing it. I guess there wasn't any market for him either before he came here or now. That speaks volumes.
    If he opts for free agency, then he loses the pay he's getting for this year, isn't that the way it works? It's possible the Reds can move him. The other team would be paying a pro-rated share of the minimum salary and we could toss in some cash to cover the balance. So it's not out of the question (although not a given either).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Harris seems to be maintaining a positive attitude about this; he is quite active on Twitter. Comes across as a good guy, hopefully he gets his bat going in Louisville.

http://twitter.com/#!/22DSGB

Willie Harris ‏ @22DSGB
    Well well well got sent to AAA today and I totally understand why, but I'll bounce back, Good luck to the REDS. Thanks for all the support!!
    Willie Harris ‏ @22DSGB
    Character is tested when things are not going well for you. But the ? Is how do you respond. Stay tuned @22DSGB is not done yet!!!!
    Willie Harris ‏ @22DSGB
    3-35 HORRIBLE I know, but don't throw me to wolves yet.. Baseball is a crazy game and I know that. It only takes ONE at bat and watch out.
    Willie Harris ‏ @22DSGB
    @jwreds1129 I'm a straight up guy when I suck thats exactly what it is, when I'm playing well I'm sure I'll get the love.
    Joe Lankford ‏ @SifuJoe79
    @22DSGB Good luck, Willie. Us reds fans can be hard on the players. Myself included. At the end of the day we all want you to succeed though
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    26m Willie Harris ‏ @22DSGB
    @SifuJoe79 yeah I know and it's totally understandable. Comes with the territory.
    Last edited by klw; 05-07-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Harris seems to be maintaining a positive attitude about this; he is quite active on Twitter. Comes across as a good guy, hopefully he gets his bat going in Louisville.

Great post, thanks.

At least one of those tweets came from a RedsZoner.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

Thanks for posting that. Harris is class act. I posted in another thread about him tossing a ball to a teen age kid in DC before a game. He went out of his way to do that and I thought it was classy of him. I wish him the best and wish it could have worked out.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    At least one of those tweets came from a RedsZoner.
    Haha! The last one was me.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Awesome animated gif of Frazier's air guitar last night in the dugout:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/11...itar-small.gif

Turn Off Ads?