Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Important series

Important series

The Brewers have been decimated by injuries to their lineup, and the Reds must take advantage of it.

Shortstop Alex Gonzalez, Outfielder Carlos Gomez, and 1st baseman Mat Gamel have all went to the dl in the last 3 days. Ryan Braun has also battled injury this season.

This is the time for the Reds to continue to get healthy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Important series

Totally agree. The Brewers have seemingly been cursed this season. Maybe it's bad "karma" hanging over the team from the whole Ryan Braun debacle - getting away when I think MOST of us feel he was as guilty as sin on a "chain of custody technicality"

I NEVER EVER get any kind of "joy" over an opposing teams player(s) being sick/hurt/injured, but fact is, the OP is absolutely correct in that we have got to go into Miller Stadium and take complete advantage of their misfortune(s). Their pitching also seems to be a bit down this yr. in comparison to last year (as well as the fact that they have lost Narveson for the remainder of the yr. with the torn rotator cuff), so this is a series in which the Reds should be heading into not only to win 2, but to sweep 'em for all 3. Easier said than done, their team being down on their luck or not, but the Reds should absolutely be entering into this series w/that killer attitude.

We're trailing the Cards by 2.5 games and they are out west, beginning a series w/the Diamondbacks tonight, so on paper, they certainly have the tougher of the 2 series. So this would be a darn good time to try and move up a game or 2 on 'em and get ourselves several games over the .500 mark.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I agree with the OP. While I prefer to beat teams when they are at full strength, you can only beat who you play and the Reds need 2 out of 3. The best way to win series is by winning game one. Hopefully we get "Good Bronson" tonight.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I agree with the OP. While I prefer to beat teams when they are at full strength, you can only beat who you play and the Reds need 2 out of 3. The best way to win series is by winning game one. Hopefully we get "Good Bronson" tonight.
    Yeah. I used to be of that same mentality, but I've come to the realization that sports isn't all how good your team is, some of it is getting the breaks at the right times. It's just like a batter going 0-4 hitting the ball hard each time, but right at someone. I'm of the opinion it's better to go 2-4 with 2 bloop singles than an 0'fer.

I think Bronson's poised for a good year. Despite the heat he's taken in the past for his musical endeavors etc, I think he wants to win and he's figuring out how to do it without a 90-92mph fastball.

The Reds are getting a break the next three days. They need to take advantage.

Might be a good time for our first sweep of the year. Time to show how good we are.
    2012 is Going To Be a Great Year!!

Turn Off Ads?