Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Monday 5/7

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Monday 5/7

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i like to think positive also but he is kinda right about this.
    I have just noticed a lot of his post he has something to say about someone on the team mostly negitive. He may not hit well but already this year he has had what 2 hits to win the Reds games?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    He may not hit well but already this year he has had what 2 hits to win the Reds games?
    That's because he's often placed in that position.

I have just noticed a lot of his post he has something to say about someone on the team mostly negitive. He may not hit well but already this year he has had what 2 hits to win the Reds games?
    Give Frazier the same chances, maybe he would win some games........before the last at bat.

Rolen could improve some and still be worthless.

1 was sac fly with 1 or no outs. (he better be able to do that atleast)

id have no problem with him playing b/c maybe he can hit but id like it to be little less

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    While I'm of the Edgar Martinez school of Batting, where you work every count of every at-bat in order to both wear down Starting and Relief Pitching, but to "set up" later at-bats by doing so, I could see Dusty's choice of swinging early in the count because you're likely to get strikes. However, if you don't make a pitcher throw all of his stuff, then it's much easier for him to get you out in later at-bats with other pitches than had you worked the count every at-bat.

Dusty is generally poor as a Manager in my opinion, and I've never liked his philosophy of Managing nor those whom he learned it from.

But, I do think we have the pitching to overcome Dusty and the poorer hitting. Again, the biggest Albatross is the automatic-out-Rolen, who bats in a prime position too often.
    I like out pitching....but it's not a staff I would expect to win in the postseason. Playoff teams would work the crap out of Cueto and Latos....they both might prevail to the bullpen....but that's my guess.

And playoff pitchers will throw first pitches that look like creampuffs but aren't and too many 10 or less pitch innings would be my bet.

I've been wrong before....but this is my feeling and man that's a long ways away!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Give Frazier the same chances, maybe he would win some games........before the last at bat.

Rolen could improve some and still be worthless.
    Sorry not trying to start anything with you guess I am just to much of a positive thinker.

Really, does Votto just prefer to walk? Taking a borderline outside pitch for strike 3 against this UMP, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's because he's often placed in that position.
    To give credit where credit is due, this is where Scott Rolen has been at his best.

Here are his numbers:

Late and Close, in 20 PA's. ..

BA=.353; OBP=.400; SLG=.765; OPS=1.165

Cozart is getting better and better at getting the pitcher deep into the count.

Sorry not trying to start anything with you guess I am just to much of a positive thinker.
    No problem. I generally take a "negative" tude with some of Dustyism going on with lineups, pitching ete ete.

This is a long season with many different phases. Sorta like being married

For a player doing well now, they may be sucking a bit by June 29th. For a player struggling now, they may be rocking it by June 29th. Then by the end of the season it is all around again.

But some players like Rolen drive me nuts. Unlike Arroyo who deserves and should have a spot in the rotation(though I think it should be the 4/5th role), Rolen can improve and still be bad. It represents how far he has fallen as a player. I don't think he is really healthy and just wants one last gasp at the WS.

Haha wow that was nowhere near the strike zone

This ump has the biggest strike zone in the history of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    He makes Laz Diaz look good, and that ain't easy...

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Eric Gregg.....1997 NLCS with Livan Hernandez pitching a 15 strikeout games against the Braves.

Nothing can top that performance.

8 K's....got to be a season-high, I'd think.

Turn Off Ads?