Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/7/12 - Reds at Brewers

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 5/7/12 - Reds at Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Somewhere in Canada?
    I was wondering what the noise was on my roof.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am enjoying it very much. I'm just worried that this will continue all season. Worries me.
    I remember in early 1974....... Lynn McGlothlin and John Curtis shutout the Reds back to back in Cincy. Lynn freaking McGlothlin and Johnny freaking Curtis. The Reds had a .184 hitting Griffey playing LF with a .240 hitting Merv Rettenmund... Cesar was below .200 and Foster was barely playing and only hitting .240...and the bench consisted of Andy Kosco hitting barely .200. Hal King below .200. This was well into May then soon to be June.

Now I realize we are talking about the BRM here.....but they had holes in RF and 3B pretty much from 1972-74. Hopefully those holes here will be filled by a Frazier or a trade.

Ishikawa walks. Bases loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'm sorry, what was meant about Heisey's fielding? I just don't get it. He's a good outfielder defensively, right? Explain?
    Yes, errors notwithstanding, he is still twice the defender of other LF in recent memory -- as is Ludwick. So... even when they aren't hitting, we can be happy that they aren't negatively impacting the team in other ways.

And, as I already wrote, I will NEVER mention Heisey's D during a game thread again.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Rolen may be a Hall of Famer. What's Heisey's excuse?

Left field on this Reds team is just brutal. They can't do better than this?
    I think you need to watch other teams. Perspective is a good thing. Last year Rolen started the all star game. Obviously extenuating circumstances, but obviously the NL isn't overstocked with 3rd basemen.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Nice houdini.

Izturis lines out to right. 5-1 Reds after 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I remember in early 1974....... Lynn McGlothlin and John Curtis shutout the Reds back to back in Cincy. Lynn freaking McGlothlin and Johnny freaking Curtis. The Reds had a .184 hitting Griffey playing LF with a .240 hitting Merv Rettenmund... Cesar was below .200 and Foster was barely playing and only hitting .240...and the bench consisted of Andy Kosco hitting barely .200. Hal King below .200. This was well into May then soon to be June.

Now I realize we are talking about the BRM here.....but they had holes in RF and 3B pretty much from 1972-74. Hopefully those holes here will be filled by a Frazier or a trade.
    Remember it well. And I hope the same things you do.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Arroyo has thrown a lot of pitches through 4.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I think you need to watch other teams. Perspective is a good thing. Last year Rolen started the all star game. Obviously extenuating circumstances, but obviously the NL isn't overstocked with 3rd basemen.
    I think you misread my post.

I was complimenting Rolen.

My critique was about the Reds left field position.

Ok, Guy's eating Scrapple and I'm back to the Reds game. Glad I missed that almost Arroyo meltdown. He amazes me sometimes.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Remember it well. And I hope the same things you do.
    What this team needs is a brawl...... have someone from the pen....like Simon......bite someone and tear their hat in pieces. You can never have enough flakes on your team.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Arroyo has thrown a lot of pitches through 4.
    He'll easily get to 6+ if he continies making outs.

Well, it's official. I can't have children.

Cozart grounds out.

Turn Off Ads?