Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 324

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    607

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Hamilton is also 5 for 5 and may get another at bat

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #182
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Walk him please.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  4. #183
    Tom
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Dusty's not pitching...Homer is. This pitcing staff is ranked 3rd in the national league so far this year and Homer is the weak link...Your logic does not make since because the rest of the staff is pitching pretty good. Chapman who can't speak english and has only been in this country for 3 years is now pitching instead of throwing. It's not the staff's problem or there would be a lot more problems.
    You are ignoring my point - lemme break it down:
    this performance is not entirely on Homer's shoulders because...
    - he's only 26
    - pitchers don't usually hit their prime until 28 or 29
    - he could even be behind that pace because he's played for a players' manager his whole career

    what you have incorrect (in my humble opinion):
    - the rest of the staff has been caught, for the most part, by Ryan Hanigan (an exceptional controller of the game from behind the plate)
    - Chapman is perhaps the single most naturally-gifted pitcher to come along since Walter Johnson, in the sense that that human being was never taught to throw the way he does - he was born that way and is an absolute anomaly - don't tell me that his success is due to his amazingly extensive experience in the majors

    this is on the staff, and I promise you that the rest of the staff's success is due to a combination of greater experience, more natural talent, and Ryan Hanigan - Homer isn't the weak link, he's just the unfortunate one

  5. #184
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    That was deflating.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  6. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    3 pop outs

  7. #186
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    607

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Another offensive failure

  8. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    404

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Mes has been a bit of a disappointment this year.

  9. #188
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    64

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Mes has been a bit of a disappointment this year.
    the whole team has been one, mes has been decent

  10. #189
    Member wvreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Rolen for god sake RETIRE!!!!! This team is not very good.... They are great then the are down right awful!

  11. #190
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,584

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Precisely why he is not and should not be the 4-hitter.
    But, Phillips is hitting just .182 w/ RISP.

  12. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    64

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    The whole team is 25th in the league in batting avg with RISP and 2 out (.204)

  13. #192
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,959

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post
    You are ignoring my point - lemme break it down:
    this performance is not entirely on Homer's shoulders because...
    - he's only 26
    - pitchers don't usually hit their prime until 28 or 29
    - he could even be behind that pace because he's played for a players' manager his whole career

    what you have incorrect (in my humble opinion):
    - the rest of the staff has been caught, for the most part, by Ryan Hanigan (an exceptional controller of the game from behind the plate)
    - Chapman is perhaps the single most naturally-gifted pitcher to come along since Walter Johnson, in the sense that that human being was never taught to throw the way he does - he was born that way and is an absolute anomaly - don't tell me that his success is due to his amazingly extensive experience in the majors

    this is on the staff, and I promise you that the rest of the staff's success is due to a combination of greater experience, more natural talent, and Ryan Hanigan - Homer isn't the weak link, he's just the unfortunate one
    So let me get this straight......Any success the pitchers have is not really due to the coaching staff....but Homer being Homer after 84 big league starts is the coaching staff's fault.

    Mes was not on the team last year,or the previous 3 years..Hannigan and a pretty good catcher that is now the starting catcher for the Rockies were the catchers for the Reds....
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  14. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by osuredleg24 View Post
    The whole team is 25th in the league in batting avg with RISP and 2 out (.204)
    does not help when u bat rolen/ludwick 6/7

  15. #194
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Hamilton is also 5 for 5 and may get another at bat
    Yea, but his other hit was just a double... He sucks

  16. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357

    Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

    Ok, quick and don't look it up, who was the last player to hit 4 against the Reds?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25