Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/9/12 -- Reds at Brewers

Re: 5/9/12 -- Reds at Brewers

Wow, that was like a playoff game. Aces dueling, bullpens dueling, dueling ABs...
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Glad to see the win. Might I suggest that this was an apt finish to a game that was a real nail biter? Oh my goodness, it's what makes baseball so incredible (and sweet with the "W").
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

BTW Reds have now won five of their last six series, with the one being the split series due to the rainout with the Cubs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Btw....Dusty Baker's 1500'th win.
    That's quite a company of managers that he sits with - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...0_or_more_wins
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Dusty said that Marshall had thrown 35 pitches (?) and it was time for him to come out. Logan immediately walked the bases full, but got the pop out to end the game. I'm one of those who thinks we need another closer. Marshall is hardly automatic and we miss our real closer who was hurt before he could play in a game. Such is baseball.

I missed al but the last two innings. It's a shame that Cueto didn't get a win out of his performance, but a win for the team was important here, especially with the newly resurgant Nationals coming in. If we could take 2 of 3 with them, I would be very pleased.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    And that's why it's not insane to have Stubbs top of the order.
    Second time this week his running ability on the basepaths has generated a run that would not have scored otherwise.
    Yes, I agree. Stubbs is actually heating up too.
    I can see why Dusty is patient with him. It paid off today.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Greinke, on Cueto:

"I knew it was going to be tough. [Cueto] is probably the most underappreciated pitcher since he's been healthy last year," Greinke said. "His numbers are pretty insane, and I don't think I've really heard anyone talk about him being one of the better pitchers in the league. Maybe it's time to start that."

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Didn't Cairo pinch hit for Chapman? Had Chapman's spot not been up I thought he would be back out there.
    Thank you to you and everyone else who corrected me on this.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    Greinke, on Cueto:

"I knew it was going to be tough. [Cueto] is probably the most underappreciated pitcher since he's been healthy last year," Greinke said. "His numbers are pretty insane, and I don't think I've really heard anyone talk about him being one of the better pitchers in the league. Maybe it's time to start that."
    Wow Greinke earning some rep in my book. It's very rare you see a player do this IMO

Greinke, on Cueto:

Clearly Zach doesn't understand that Cueto doesn't K enough hitters to be one of the better pitchers in the league
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Greinke, on Cueto:

Wow, that's pretty damn classy from Greinke.

You know Zack, there's an old saying. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    101 on that final pitch to K Weeks. Flat out NASTY.
    Weeks looked completely stunned after that last pitch. It was like he was saying "Did someone get the plate number of car that just went by me?"
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This was one of the best regular season games you could ever see over a 162 game season. Great pitching with some good tense moments at the end. Of course I wouldn't be saying this if the Reds had lost. Reds are on a good roll. Time for some Nats payback this weekend.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Wow, that was like a playoff game. Aces dueling, bullpens dueling, dueling ABs...
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?