Rolen 3B
    Ludwick LF
    Mesoraco C
    Bailey P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

Frazier for Rolen tomorrow I assume.

why don't they put rolen 8th. maybe he might get a pitch.

Might be interesting to push up Mesoraco to 7th ahead of Ludwick, get Rolen some better pitches since Ludwick isn't even hitting his weight.

Bailey seems to have a good relationship with Mesoraco, he's pitched well his last three outings with Mes behind the plate.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Big start for Bailey. He needs to show something more than before against this injury riddled struggling offense.

Rolen has to be about due for a injury.

The way the Brewers are swinging the bat I wouldn't give Braun anything to hit. Nibble and see if he gets himself out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Big start for Bailey. He needs to show something more than before against this injury riddled struggling offense.

I am no Bailey fan but outside of basically 1 inning in his first start he has more then done well as the No. 4 slot pitcher in the rotation. Exactly what do you want him to show?

Why would you wish an injury on anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am no Bailey fan but outside of basically 1 inning in his first start he has more then done well as the No. 4 slot pitcher in the rotation. Exactly what do you want him to show?
    To pitch up to 2/3 and knock Arroyo down a notch. Would give the Reds a real shot to win the whole thing. If he doesn't, your stuck with Arroyo and Chapman, who they don't want to overly start in that spot this season.

Alot more riding on Bailey than I think people understand.

Bailey has been similar to Bronson so far -- quality starts but not much support from the Reds offense. He hasn't been great, but he should have more than one win. Hopefully, now that the Reds offense is slowly warming up, he'll get win #2 tonight. Pitch around Braun (and carefully to Weeks and Ramirez) and I don't think the rest of the Brewers offense has enough firepower to beat us.

To pitch up to 2/3 and knock Arroyo down a notch. Would give the Reds a real shot to win the whole thing. If he doesn't, your stuck with Arroyo and Chapman, who they don't want to overly start in that spot this season.

Alot more riding on Bailey than I think people understand.
    I agree with this. We need Bailey to take over, and secure, the #3 spot in the rotation. But we need him to do it because he pitches well, not because Bronson falls off.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

There are some of us still holding out hope that Homer will become the ace he was advertised to be in the minors. I am one of those people.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I know he's struggling badly, but I love watching Scott Rolen on tech talk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    There are some of us still holding out hope that Homer will become the ace he was advertised to be in the minors. I am one of those people.
    I haven't given up on that happening, but I'm not as hopeful as I once was -- especially now that Cueto has taken his game to another level and we've added a potential stud in Latos. If Bailey becomes the ace of this staff, with the pieces we have in place, that would be quite an accomplishment. Not to mention what it would do for the future of the organization.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I haven't given up on that happening, but I'm not as hopeful as I once was -- especially now that Cueto has taken his game to another level and we've added a potential stud in Latos. If Bailey becomes the ace of this staff, with the pieces we have in place, that would be quite an accomplishment. Not to mention what it would do for the future of the organization.
    I don't care about his place in the hierarchy of the Reds' rotation - I just want him to pitch like a TOR guy.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?