Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Thom Brennaman and Chris Welch dislike each other?

Re: Do Thom Brennaman and Chris Welch dislike each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    I love Thom too, him and his dad have the best play by play voices in all of sports in my opinion.
    Vin Scully
    Marty
    Thom
    Pat Summerall
    Gus Johnson

My top 5

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Welsh seems like a good, decent person, but he drives me crazy with his relentless defense of anything the Reds organization, player or coach does. Feels like a house guy more than ever. Perhaps that rubs Thom the wrong way at times.

Thom seems like he tries to hard to be Marty. Needs to do his own thing.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I dislike them both...they are like white bread and skim milk.

They're both awful. The Cowboy is good, and makes Thom better.

Yes I have noticed tension off and on for a couple of years now with Thom and Chris.

Firstly, they are polar opposites, in attitude and demeanor. Thom talks with that old school fake deep voice, and Chris uses his normal voice. Things like that.

Chris probably thinks Thom is fake, born into broadcasting without having to pay his dues, and everything else that people think about the sons and daughters of the successful.

Thom probably is well aware of this, thinks Chris is a "know it all, too stuffy," and doesn't like Chris mostly because Chris doesn't like Thom.

So thy both decide of course to act like professionals and work through it. But after a short time, you can always tell when two people don't like each other. It's as obvious as two people that do like each other. And once you are looking for it, the clues jump out at you like acorns in a forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Yes I have noticed tension off and on for a couple of years now with Thom and Chris.

Firstly, they are polar opposites, in attitude and demeanor. Thom talks with that old school fake deep voice, and Chris uses his normal voice. Things like that.

Chris probably thinks Thom is fake, born into broadcasting without having to pay his dues, and everything else that people think about the sons and daughters of the successful.

Thom probably is well aware of this, thinks Chris is a "know it all, too stuffy," and doesn't like Chris mostly because Chris doesn't like Thom.

So thy both decide of course to act like professionals and work through it. But after a short time, you can always tell when two people don't like each other. It's as obvious as two people that do like each other. And once you are looking for it, the clues jump out at you like acorns in a forest.
    +1. Nice post Bob. I would say that is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I guess maybe that's one of the things I liked about Grande, he had a very friendly demeanor on camera. I actually really miss the Grande/Welsh team. And someone else mentioned that they disliked George's "stories" about old timer ball players.

I'm sorry, but I'll take old ball stories over what Cowboy is going to eat for dinner anyday.

I am still shocked at how much people don't like Grande. One of the nicest guys in baseball and people seem to hate that. SMH.
    I do think Grande seemed like a genuinely nice guy, but that doesn't mean he wasn't annoying as an announcer. Also, as someone else mentioned, a lot of his stories were about things like talking to the opposing team's bench coach's wife Edna before the game and how she's just such a peach.

Thom I like. Marty I love. I'll leave it at that.

I could not agree with you more about Brantley. Shut the hell up with your folksy BS about french fried taters and bush hogging your yard. Shut up about how much fried chicken and ice cream you can eat.
    I also agree with what several others have said about how he's a lousy announcer. I do think, however, that he is a knowledgeable baseball guy and does well as a color analyst when he's free of the burden of doing play by play.
    And I might as well add that I agree with whoever mentioned how they loathe the axe marty and hootin and hollerin about getting a stupid multiple choice trivia question right. I love it when they tell what the scoreboard stumper is during the radio broadcast, but it's frustrating because they never tell you the answer.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?