Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 34*

Re: 34*

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Powersackers was saying that if the Reds had not traded Encarnacion he could still be playing 3rd for the Reds and hitting all those home runs.

EE does still play quite a bit of third base. The main reason he does not play every day at third base is because the Blue Jays have one of the best young players in baseball and he plays third base (Brett Lawrie), so Edwin got moved. It wasn't because he can't play third base. Nobody will tell you that EE is a good third baseman defensively (his nickname is E5), but he can and does play there.
    And what was the story last year? Jayson Nix?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Edwin can hit; there was never any question about that. And when he didn't, it's because his defense was in his head.

There are always some who root against those ex-Reds whom have been traded away, in hopes of "winning the trade." It's really hard for me to pull against guys whom I have rooted so hard to do well when they were Reds.

I really see these guys as men who will always have a little bit of Cincinnati Red still in them, and hope they do well except when playing against the Redlegs.

For instance, in 10-15 years from now, Adam Dunn will be elected to the Reds Hall of Fame. And I will very much enjoy that, and I know many here will as well, and I also know flame wars will break out in thread after thread about it.

The only guy I ever had trouble rooting for as a Red was when Jim Edmonds was on the team. I was able to do it for a bit, and then he bashed the team in the next offseason, and was safe in my distaste for him again.
    sorry we're boring

When Jose Bautista actually starts hitting up in Toronto EE's numbers could get better. Thats scary.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Turn Off Ads?