Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May 10, Minor League updates

Re: May 10, Minor League updates

Pensacola still leading 2-0 in the middle of the fourth. Tim Crabbe is dealing. 3IP 2H 0ER 2BB 5K.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Taco Tuesday or Thirsty Thursday and I am there.
    Combine the two and you get the best of both worlds

It almost sounds like Applebees there.

Pensacola tacks on a run on LaMarre single, stolen base and Gregorius double. They now lead 3-0. Cody Puckett with his second hit of the night. Tim Crabbe has retired eight in a row now. Through five he has struck out seven.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I have been one of the bigger Crabbe fans on this board, but he has clearly struggled this year. He had a great first five innings, with 7 K and only 2 BB, but his biggest vice came back to bite him in the 6th with him walking the first two batters. Crabbe made major strides in Bakersfield last year by cutting his walk rate significantly. Unfortunately, all of those gains have been lost this year and his walk rate is back up to 6.0. Tim has to lower his walk rate if he wants to remain a viable pitching prospect.

Pensacola falling apart in bottom of the 6th. Crabbe walked the first two. Obispo has come on and has given up three singles and now had hit batters back to back. All tied at 3. Obispo has fallen behind the next batter, the other team's relief pitcher, 3-0. Obispo comes back to strike him out. Inning over. Tied ballgame.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Slidin' Billy with his 33rd stolen base of the season following a single. Bakersfield and Inland Empire scoreless heading to the bottom of the third. Chad Rogers got the start for the Blaze tonight. His ERA is down to 2.10. Where did this guy come from?

By 7:35 (or so) in Inland Empire, Slidin' Billy had his single and stolen base. It's now scoreless in the third, with Sharky apparently sharp.

Blaze and the Sixty Sixers are still scoreless headed to the top of the 5th. Chad Rogers' ERA is now down to 1.97 on the season. Where did this guy come from? (Oh, I already said that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Slidin' Billy with his 33rd stolen base of the season following a single. Bakersfield and Inland Empire scoreless heading to the bottom of the third. Chad Rogers got the start for the Blaze tonight. His ERA is down to 2.10. Where did this guy come from?
    Step back a second. Hamilton has 33 steals already. It's May 10. That number is a WOW.

Really an astonishing base stealer, at least at the minor league level.

Every Reds fan should hope his legs stay healthy and we can see this guy drive the NL crazy running around the bases soon.

Over-slot pick in the 2010 draft, fringe prospect. Bitten by a shark two years ago and missed a lot of time as a result. Good command and 92-96 MPH fastball according to last year's reports, and as such, has a great K/BB rate. Haven't heard about any secondary stuff, and he was listed as a bullpen arm coming into the season. I get a feeling that's where he's headed in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Over-slot pick in the 2010 draft, fringe prospect. Bitten by a shark two years ago and missed a lot of time as a result. Good command and 92-96 MPH fastball according to last year's reports, and as such, has a great K/BB rate. Haven't heard about any secondary stuff, and he was listed as a bullpen arm coming into the season. I get a feeling that's where he's headed in the long run.
    Good stuff, thanks. Knew he pitched out of the 'pen in Dayton last year (and had decent numbers) but him becoming a starter and putting up excellent stats has been a shocking development, especially in a hitter's league like the California League. I also think you are right that if Rogers makes it to the Big Leagues, it will be as a reliever. Just seems to fit that profile. But man he's putting up some good numbers as a starter this year. I think Tony Cingrani's greatness is rubbing off on a few of his teammates in Bakersfield. Ha.

Triplin' Billy with a triple (his 5th 3-bagger of the season), Lohman doubles him in, 1-0 Blaze in the top of the sixth.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I have no clue why I am still up since I need to be up in 6 hours, but a walk in the 10th just plated Didi Gregorius for the Blue Wahoos who now lead 4-3.

Lutz with a double to bring in Lohman ... 2-0 Blaze.

Bakersfield is by far my favorite minor league team to follow this year. Funny thing is there's probably more of us religiously following them online than there are fans that actually show up at their home games. They have one of the worst fan bases in the entire minor leagues. But they have a damn good team this year! A lot of top prospects.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Lutz with a double to bring in Lohman ... 2-0 Blaze.

Bakersfield is by far my favorite minor league team to follow this year. Funny thing is there's probably more of us religiously following them online than there are fans that actually show up at their home game. They have one of the worst fan bases in the entire minor leagues. But they have a damn good team this year! A lot of top prospects.
    I honestly think you are right.... which is a shame.

Turn Off Ads?