Turn Off Ads?

Thread: No pain please....

No pain please....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-explodes.html

Americans consume 80 percent of the world's supply of painkillers -- more than 110 tons of pure, addictive opiates every year -- as the country's prescription drug abuse epidemic explodes.
    Don't forget the Blue Emu.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No pain please....

The small town where I live (population less than 2,000, maybe two miles wide) has a huge pill problem. I know several people who are addicted and others who I believe sell the stuff. A fourth Pharmacy just opened in town. Seriously.

I have kidney stones nearly constantly. I rarely get pain pills simply because I hate to bring it up if the doctor doesn't. I have a regular appointment tomorrow and a stone cutting its way out of my bladder, but I'm hesitant to say anything because I have a new doctor who doesn't know me, and I'm afraid the automatic assumption will be that if I ask...well, you can guess.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Double post.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

There are too many pain management clinics that literally hand out prescriptions. I work in loss prevention and the amount of "prescribed" pain killers that I end up running into is absolutely disgusting.

Every other commercial on TV is for a pill of some kind.

Nope...nothing fishy there either....

I went to the ER a couple years ago with a 103 fever. Turns out it was strep throat. I also had hellacious body aches. They prescribed me vicodins. Seemed excessive and I didn't fill the scrip. But it kinda gave me an insight into how these kinds of things get started.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The doctor gave me 10 Lortabs for my kidney stone, which should be more than enough. They seem to be getting more conservative around here, at least.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Last year I had a kidney stone and was in so much pain I had to go to the ER.
    Once there, they gave me some meds that made me feel so good, I almost wanted to have another kidney stone.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Que a Vicodin commercial with Carl Simon's "I Haven't Got Time For The Pain"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I could go on and on about this topic.....if someone wants to take the time and research how opiates were first founded and first put into the hands of pharmaceutical companies you will be shocked......most people know that almost all opiates are derived from heroin, or the poppy plant, or morphine....what most people don't know is that back in the early 1900's when scientists were figuring all this stuff out, they found that morphine was an addictive substance.....I think that's a given in everyone's brain. Well, fast forward to like 1950 or close to it, my brain is not good at remembering dates and names..lol, but around that time a company associated with morphine production, located in India, wanted to do a research study on how to make morphine non addictive....and to some researchers, they were successful and took their studies and findings to the united states.....from there, the story goes on to say that they pretty much were "paid" to keep their study silent.

I could go on and on.....my sister is an addictionologist....she deals with people that are addicted to opiates and she studies this topic almost to a sickening degree....she is obsessed with finding out why opiates have to be addictive and why people won't try and find non addictive forms of strong painkillers.....it's out there, but drug manufacturers don't want it, they make tons of money off people who will do anything to get more of their opiates, the powers that be understand that having non addictive pain killers is almost like having marijuana legalized for medical reasons....people will stop the opiates and drug companies will be forced to invest millions in finding other drugs....it's a sick and disgusting way to get rich for these drug CEOs but no one seems to care and the govt just let's them mass produce more and more of them everyday.

I'm done, rant over.

Turn Off Ads?