Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    then you are not watching the games

You do not lead the world in walks if you are seeing a lot of good pitches
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Even though we were a couple of hits away from taking a game we had no business winning, you can't give up 7 runs and expect to win on any night.

That was a terrible performance from Leake.

Leake and Louisville both start with the letter "L". Coincidence? I think not.

then you are not watching the games

You do not lead the league in walks if you are seeing a lot of good pitches
    How many walks did Bonds have during his huge HR years?

And every pitcher has pin point control, right?

Need to start beating good teams sometimes. Although Gonzalez versus Leake was clearly advantage Washington.

give him 2-3 days off to get his head right, then put him in the 2 hole and see if he has anything left in the tank.

If not use him for late inning defense
    I wouldn't put him in the 2 hole even after a few days rest. Rolen has done well a couple of times off the bench already this season, making him the late inning defensive sub and/or pinch hitter might be the best move with him.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Scoreboard watch: Atlanta has tied it up with the Cardinals (6 all) through 7
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    And now Votto is basically a "Judy Hitter", don't expect too many 3 run HR's from the 20 MILLION/a year man. Starting to be more like Mark Grace.
    The GG winner that led the majors in hits in the 90's?

Awesome

Votto's OPS is excellent....got take what they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    The GG winner that led the majors in hits in the 90's?

Awesome

Votto's OPS is excellent....got take what they give you.

Would you have paid Mark Grace $20mil per?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    And now Votto is basically a "Judy Hitter", don't expect too many 3 run HR's from the 20 MILLION/a year man. Starting to be more like Mark Grace.
    LOL ... are you serious? You must hate Votto. Or maybe you have a chub for Mark Grace. Grace never had 20 HR in a season, 100 RBI in a season, or even 100 BB in a single season. Votto has had a better career in just four full seasons than Grace had in 20 years, or however long he played. Good grief, the ignorance of some of our own fans is mind-boggling at times.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    LOL ... are you serious? You must hate Votto. Or maybe you have a chub for Mark Grace. Grace never had 20 HR in a season, 100 RBI in a season, or even 100 BB in a single season. Votto has had a better career in just four full seasons than Grace had in 20 years, or however long he played. Good grief, the ignorance of some of our own fans is mind-boggling at times.
    Is he hitting like Grace now or not? On pace for 10 HR! And at GABP!

Hate him? That's just stupid, I like Votto a lot, seems like a very nice young man. Of course I don't really know him.
    Just talking baseball and why he's more like a Mark Grace type hitter (not much power, also like Sean Casey, Hal Morris, ect.)
    If you guys are happy with him hitting .290 with 90 RBI and 10 HR, that's fine.

Gio Volquez. 115 pitches in 5 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Bone
    Head
    Play
    Brandon Phillips is the King of Boneheaded Plays. Don't worry. Dusty won't say a word. Brandon does whatever he wants and Baker chews another toothpick. Pathetic.

Wasn't someone just saying this team doesn't make a lot of boneheaded plays? They are watching with their eyes closed.

This team is missing something. It has too much talent to be scuffling along at .500 just like in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Brandon Phillips is the King of Boneheaded Plays. Don't worry. Dusty won't say a word. Brandon does whatever he wants and Baker chews another toothpick. Pathetic.

Wasn't someone just saying this team doesn't make a lot of boneheaded plays? They are watching with their eyes closed.
    That was a bad baserunning play by Phillips after he made a good one going 1st to 3rd on Bruce's single. When was the last time Phillips got busted on the base paths on a dumb play, last year?

Surely you know that that stuff is going to happen every now and then. It's the stuff happening over and over that would worry me.

Turn Off Ads?