Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

Re: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

I'm becoming more and more convinced that with Rolen, it's not a slump anymore. This is as good as he can be at his age.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Rolen's career is obviously over. He has looked completely lost @ the plate the entire season. Just waiting for the injury that will put him out of his misery.
    Yup --- he might be the last to know though
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    The only arguement I have heard not to start Chapman is that the bullpen needs him. That is like keeping Votto on the bench to pinch hit when you need him.
    Part of the reason is the bullpen needs him, but the main reason is he is not physically ready to be a starting pitcher.

Have they said what Chapman's innings cap would be this year? I thought we were holding off on the move till mid summer so we could have him when we'd hopefully need him.

Rolen an Ludwick= the black hole

Ludwick and Rolen are the Arbus Twins

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Part of the reason is the bullpen needs him, but the main reason is he is not physically ready to be a starting pitcher.
    They stretched him out in the spring, so maybe 2 or 3 weeks to get him ready?

Bakers Dozen

The only arguement I have heard not to start Chapman is that the bullpen needs him. That is like keeping Votto on the bench to pinch hit when you need him.
    That comparison made absolutely no sense. You especially don't take the guy out of the role he is right now the way he's throwing the ball. He's very comfortable. Adding him to the rotation is a panic move, something forums of all teams are famous for. Hell if fans had it their way they'd trade half the roster before the season was over.

They stretched him out in the spring, so maybe 2 or 3 weeks to get him ready?
    Stretch him out how on the major league level?

This team strikes out a ton.

That comparison made absolutely no sense. You especially don't take the guy out of the role he is right now the way he's throwing the ball. He's very comfortable. Adding him to the rotation is a panic move, something forums of all teams are famous for. Hell if fans had it their way they'd trade half the roster before the season was over.
    he has said he wants to starts. so its not like he's against it. he said he prefer to start.

If Mes can't hit, he has no purpose on this team.

Scott Rolen is completely done...seriously, his collision with Choi ruined his career. He's still a terrific defender at 3rd but at the plate, with his shoulder, he has to guess and hope that it's off speed because he can't catch up to any heat. Time to move on from Rolen.

The second inning is a perfect example of this team's biggest problem.....lack of hitting!!
    A leadoff double and then 3 straight K's.

That comparison made absolutely no sense.
    to you.

I think you mistake me for someone that sees you as an authority on the subject. Most of us here are fine with exchanging opinions as fans. It seems that you are not.

Turn Off Ads?