Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Leake - What to do with him?

Mike Leake - What to do with him?

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while, so I hope it doesn't look like a thread sparked by venting from the game.

But, he's been pretty bad this year other than two starts, and even then he gave up 3 ER in those. He's given up 5 ER twice already. He's striking out 4.25 guys per nine innings.

I think he'll eventually get it together, but right now - he's the weakest link in the rotation, in my opinion. If Chapman replaces anyone, it should be him. I don't get why anyone's worrying about Bailey when Leake has been so awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Leake - What to do with him?

Leake has absolutely nothing right now. It's painful to watch him pitch. I would send him to AAA and put Chapman in the rotation, but we both know that probably won't happen. So instead, send him to AAA and give Jeff Francis a chance.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Thread on a guy = problem fixer, right?

Good job Operator. He comes 4 shutout innings.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thread on a guy = problem fixer, right?

Good job Operator. He comes 4 shutout innings.
    You know it. That's the plan, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

What to do with him? It's called 71 S to Louisville.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Let him pitch.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Let him pitch.
    In Louisville

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

His stuff simply isnt good enough right now. It's a case where I think the small sample size is right. He doesnt look or pitch like a major leaguer right now. With Francis pitching well, its an easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Leake has absolutely nothing right now. It's painful to watch him pitch. I would send him to AAA and put Chapman in the rotation, but we both know that probably won't happen. So instead, send him to AAA and give Jeff Francis a chance.
    This.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    His stuff simply isnt good enough right now. It's a case where I think the small sample size is right. He doesnt look or pitch like a major leaguer right now. With Francis pitching well, its an easy decision.
    Francis isn't exactly pitching well..... 4.15 ERA on the year. 4.79 ERA over his last 4 starts and that is just due to one start where he went 8 innings with 1 run, the other three games were clunkers.

Francis isn't exactly pitching well..... 4.15 ERA on the year. 4.79 ERA over his last 4 starts and that is just due to one start where he went 8 innings with 1 run, the other three games were clunkers.
    Who would be the next starter up in your opinion Doug?

Francis isn't pitching badly. High K's, low walks, low HR. He's given up a bunch of hits lately, but in the minors, it's hard to know how much of that is his fault. I'd still rather see Francis called up to the pen and move Chapman to the rotation, if they send down Leake.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Francis isn't pitching badly. High K's, low walks, low HR. He's given up a bunch of hits lately, but in the minors, it's hard to know how much of that is his fault. I'd still rather see Francis called up to the pen and move Chapman to the rotation, if they send down Leake.
    While I haven't seen all of his starts, I still see his stuff as good enough to get some guys, but the good hitters are going to hit him. I think he might be the guy they go to, if it gets to that point, but that doesn't mean its really a good option. I just don't see them calling up Sulbaran or Villarreal, though Sulbaran is also pitching tonight, so he lines up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    The key that I notice is that batters are fouling off a ton of two strike pitches. I wonder what the movement on his pitches has been this year. It seems like his pitchers are straighter and flatter.

One thing to remember is that he has been learning on the job up until now. Might be time for him to get some education in AAA.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Wonder if there's still any money left for Roy Oswalt...

Turn Off Ads?