Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Coldplay the theme song for GABP?

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Is Coldplay the theme song for GABP?

All I ever hear is the chorus to Viva La Vida blaring through the stadium.I swear one game I heard the chorus played every inning.I love the song,but hearing it played ad nauseum has burned me out on it.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Coldplay the theme song for GABP?

only times i've heard it was when Rolen was coming to bat. it's his walkup song
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Horrible. Coldplay = safe, homogenized pseudo-rock for the masses.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I think I read that Rolen doesn't choose his music, that he had one of his kids pick the song, and that's why it's Coldplay.

It would be much more fitting if Rolen came out to "Rollin" by Limp Bizkit

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBaker View Post
    I think I read that Rolen doesn't choose his music, that he had one of his kids pick the song, and that's why it's Coldplay.

It would be much more fitting if Rolen came out to "Rollin" by Limp Bizkit
    If it's for his kids, I can live with it.

I gave Robert Plant a pass on "All of My Love" for similar considerations.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post

I gave Robert Plant a pass on "All of My Love" for similar considerations.
    best cheesy keyboard Zeppelin solo ALL-TIME.

Man I hate Rolen's crappy song. I know his kids picked it but his kids have crappy taste in music. Maybe Scott should ask them if they still like it, he's had it since he's been here and it's horrible.

I also can't stand Drew Stubbs' country twang song he comes out to. Yuck!

And what a surprise the MVP has the sweetest song of any of them. It is so fitting for the MVP, I'm really glad he doesn't come out to country or some other horrible garbage like country.

Joey seems like a very cool guy to me, he said last off-season when asked if he was going to do any hunting or fishing that he preferred to "to let the animals live" and he was more of an "art museum kind of guy".

I pretty much love everything about him more and more when he talks. It's refreshing to have an athlete (and one on the Reds for that matter) like Votto.

And there I go again, turning this thread into something completely other than what it's originally about.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I pretty much love everything about him more and more when he talks. It's refreshing to have an athlete (and one on the Reds for that matter) like Votto. .
    I see Votto to baseball as I do Barry Sanders to football. Introverted superstars. Humble and grounded. There's not many athletes or celebrities in general like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Man I hate Rolen's crappy song. I know his kids picked it but his kids have crappy taste in music. Maybe Scott should ask them if they still like it, he's had it since he's been here and it's horrible.

I also can't stand Drew Stubbs' country twang song he comes out to. Yuck!

And what a surprise the MVP has the sweetest song of any of them. It is so fitting for the MVP, I'm really glad he doesn't come out to country or some other horrible garbage like country.

Joey seems like a very cool guy to me, he said last off-season when asked if he was going to do any hunting or fishing that he preferred to "to let the animals live" and he was more of an "art museum kind of guy".

I pretty much love everything about him more and more when he talks. It's refreshing to have an athlete (and one on the Reds for that matter) like Votto.

And there I go again, turning this thread into something completely other than what it's originally about.
    Thanks for letting us know what ''sweetest song''is played for Votto's at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    He has used "Paint it Black" by Rolling Stones for a couple of years now.

And yes, Coldplay will be on hold while Rolen's on the DL.

I think Frazier using Sinatra songs every time is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post

I didn't tell you the name because I didn't know the name. Don't you go to any games? You know what it sounds like if you do. And if you don't go to the games, then WTH do you care what he comes out to?

Tom

I don't know why, but I always laugh at Ryan Hannigan's selections - usually pump-up rap of a sort. It fits his gritty, grind-it-out play style. Gotta love him.

Listening to Cueto and a few other Latino Reds's batting songs makes me want to go download a bunch of that type of music.

I'm more of a Paint It Black guy myself, but I find that genre intriguing.

Turn Off Ads?