Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That just happened.

Kind of a shock to anybody except UK fans. Just a fitting end for a disappointing season.

To start the season opening a state of the art NBA arena to finishing it in a Pittsburgh suburb in a 3,000 seat gymnasium.
    No shock to me either. I predicted a loss. If it wasn't for a great effort from Polson they would have lost by 15. It should be an interesting off season. I think there will be a player or two asked not to come back. Also we will see which freshmen will end up going pro. Stein,Goodwin and Poythress all say, at the moment, they are coming back. I sorta doubt that will hold up. They should come back. They all will get eaten up alive in the NBA or even the NBDL. Just way to weak physically and mentally to compete against the pros.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Declining the NIT bid is not only not going to happen, it's a horrible idea.

As turrible as this team is, we still have an all-time wins lead to uphold and they could possibly win a couple games in the NIT, which counts towards that record.

Unsurprising an asshat Cal-hater like Goodman would tweet garbage like that, however.
    I too am so glad that UK got and accepted a bid to the NIT. It's so much more fitting for them to end their year with a loss to Robert Morris, a school of 4K students, none of which were recruited by Calipari to play in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I personally will really be surprised if Wiggins chooses Ky. Thats just a gut feeling. WV has quite a bit more confidence than me also as far Randle which I would rate as 50/50. Hope he's right though.
    Julius Randle to Kentucky. It's official.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

TeamSelig (03-20-2013),WMR (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I too am so glad that UK got and accepted a bid to the NIT. It's so much more fitting for them to end their year with a loss to Robert Morris, a school of 4K students, none of which were recruited by Calipari to play in Lexington.
    As fitting as the UThug Athletics department being hundreds of millions of dollars in debt while remaining unable to win a damn thing or even achieve relevancy?

Poor fella doesn't even have the women's team to root for anymore... Of course the fact that UT is most well known for their women's bball program has really got to piss off a mycognist such as yourself.

Our 8th national title is still nice and shiny.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Julius Randle to Kentucky. It's official.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Dare we sign Wiggins as well?

Awesome, awesome signing.

Dare we sign Wiggins as well?

Awesome, awesome signing.
    UK has signed the top ranked player at four of the five positions. Add Wiggins and I believe it will be a clean sweep.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

WMR (03-20-2013)

I hope everyone returns. There won't be any laziness or not doing what coach says with the class we have coming in. The threat of THE BENCH will be back.

Dp

As fitting as the UThug Athletics department being hundreds of millions of dollars in debt?

Poor fella doesn't even have the women's team to root for anymore... Of course the fact that UT is most well known for their women's bball program has really got to piss off a mycognist such as yourself.
    You're so predictable. I knew UT would be mentioned in your comeback. You might try for a little new material.

What do you mean I don't have the Lady's team to root for? Unlike your Wildcats from last night, their season is still going on. In fact they're a #2 seed and play on Sunday. But truth be told, I never did root for the Lady Vols. Women's sports don't interest me in the least. Apparently you feel the same given your ignorance on the Lady Vols current team. When the Lady Vols won the national championship here in Cincinnati about 15 yrs ago, I didn't go to a game. I didn't care.

"Mycognist"? Are you resorting to namecalling on RZ...

Sweet rap song a KU fan made to celebrate Julius Randle signing with KU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBoV...ature=youtu.be

Best mixtape I've found of Randle's so far... reminds me of a cross between Al Harrington and Chris Webber. He's a total gym rat. Really hope Poythress comes back, Randle will either make a man out of him or embarrass him every day in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vmt_24T4zE

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Just curious fellas........If everyone returns from this team(not counting graduation), is there gonna be a scholarship issue with all these recruits coming in?

part of BBN

I hope everyone returns. There won't be any laziness or not doing what coach says with the class we have coming in. The threat of THE BENCH will be back.
    True ! Unlike this year where it was , "Alex.....you get it in gear or you will ride the pine for a few games and we are going to start Todd 'Bo' Lanter or Sam 'Ted Danson' Malone" in your place !

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Just curious fellas........If everyone returns from this team(not counting graduation), is there gonna be a scholarship issue with all these recruits coming in?
    Mayes is a senior and counting Noel as gone, that will be 2 openings.
    Then Hood and Polson are on course to graduate so if they return, they could and would probably be asked to "walk on" if needed.
    Basically even if Poythress/Goodwin/WCS all return and Harrow doesnt transfer, UK will still have enough room to sign 2-3 more as Wiggins/Gordon and Hawkins are still out there.
    My gut tells me WCS will leave although it also told me Julius would go to Kansas (WV ).

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think JMac kinda summed it up, but just for visuals sake:

The only players guaranteed a scholarship for next year:

1. Kyle Wiltjer
    2. Ryan Harrow
    3. Archie Goodwin
    4. Alex Poythres
    5. Willie Cauley-Stein
    6. Andrew Harrison
    7. Aaron Harrison
    8. Marcus Lee
    9. Derek Willis
    10. James Young
    11. Dakari Johnson
    12. Julius Randle

That is assuming Nerlens Noel goes pro. Julius Mays and Twany Beckham graduate and Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson are on track to graduate. They could walk on if need be.

Another rumor going around is Kyle Wiltjer transferring to Gonzaga. If that happens or one or more of the others go pro (WCS being the most likely), it would free up room for Andrew Wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?