Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    This is a silly statement.

Missouri has been ranked all year. They'll make it, no doubt.

Same with Ole Miss.

At least one of Kentucky and Alabama will make it, most likely both. Even Tennessee and Arkansas have outside shots of making the NCAAs.
    Missouri probably makes it, but their RPI is in the 30s.

Alabama? Current RPI 61, with home losses to Dayton, Tulane and Mercer?

Ole Miss has lost 4 of their last 5 and has a lower RPI than UK, and the obvious home loss to the Wildcats?

Tennessee and Arkansas on the bubble? No chance.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Missouri probably makes it, but their RPI is in the 30s.

Alabama? Current RPI 61, with home losses to Dayton, Tulane and Mercer?

Ole Miss has lost 4 of their last 5 and has a lower RPI than UK, and the obvious home loss to the Wildcats?

Tennessee and Arkansas on the bubble? No chance.
    'Bama has a 2-2 record against the Top 25. Bad losses, yes, but, this year, who hasn't? Their schedule sets up as less than stellar the rest of the way. A 5-2 record looks more than likely the rest of the way, with an 11-6 overall SEC mark. A win in the SEC Tourney-- maybe two-- and there's no doubt they make it, IMO.

Ole Miss, too, has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way-- they may very well win out to the SEC Tourney. That'd put them at 12-4 in the league. And of those four losses in five games, three came against Florida, UK, and Mizzou. (One "tough" game against 'Bama left, and that one at home.)

Arkansas beat Florida-- badly. The same Florida team that, IMO, is one of the two or three top teams in basketball this year. They have four tough games left and may make hay if they can catch fire again. What happens if they beat Kentucky and Mizzou? That'd be three Top 25 wins and a 10-6 league record.

Tennessee has three tough games left, but no bad losses. (Their worst looks like Georgia just last week.) If they beat Kentucky, Florida, and Mizzou, they make it. If they beat two of them, they make it (IMO). If they beat one of them, they'll need to win the SEC Tournament.

I'm not saying they'll all make it, but I do believe five-- Florida, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Alabama-- would be in if the NCAA started today. May not be top seeds, but they'll be in.

Rosters for McD's AA game announced today...

UK has 5 signees in the McDonald's All American game and is pursuing 2 others...

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Big Blue Nation will be fine. You guys are talking draft potential and incoming recruits........wth? The season aint lost yet. You cant go to the final four every year, nor can you expect to do such. Have a little faith, lots of ball yet to be played. The moxy of the 'Cats is going to be tested, but their situation is not futile.

'Bama has a 2-2 record against the Top 25. Bad losses, yes, but, this year, who hasn't? Their schedule sets up as less than stellar the rest of the way. A 5-2 record looks more than likely the rest of the way, with an 11-6 overall SEC mark. A win in the SEC Tourney-- maybe two-- and there's no doubt they make it, IMO.

Ole Miss, too, has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way-- they may very well win out to the SEC Tourney. That'd put them at 12-4 in the league. And of those four losses in five games, three came against Florida, UK, and Mizzou. (One "tough" game against 'Bama left, and that one at home.)

Arkansas beat Florida-- badly. The same Florida team that, IMO, is one of the two or three top teams in basketball this year. They have four tough games left and may make hay if they can catch fire again. What happens if they beat Kentucky and Mizzou? That'd be three Top 25 wins and a 10-6 league record.

Tennessee has three tough games left, but no bad losses. (Their worst looks like Georgia just last week.) If they beat Kentucky, Florida, and Mizzou, they make it. If they beat two of them, they make it (IMO). If they beat one of them, they'll need to win the SEC Tournament.

I'm not saying they'll all make it, but I do believe five-- Florida, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Alabama-- would be in if the NCAA started today. May not be top seeds, but they'll be in.
    Current SEC RPIs:
    Florida 3
    Missouri 34
    Kentucky 43
    Ole Miss 48
    Alabama 61
    Texas A+M 67
    Tennessee 76
    Arkansas 94

Who did Alabama beat in the top 25? Looking at their schedule, the best win I see is agaianst Kentucky. They played a fairly decent non conference schedule but they really didn't beat anyone. Villanova?

Ole Miss does have a pretty easy road the rest of the way to the SEC tournament, but losing 4 of their last 5 makes them a huge question mark. I think they've been exposed.

Arkansas backed their win over Florida up with a thumping at Vanderbilt. Hello... Goodbye. They'll likely finish 3-3 in their remaining regular season for 19-12, 10-8. That ain't going to get it done.

Tenneesse will likely finish with a losing conference record. They almost have to win out to get back onto the bubble. Looking at how it shapes up the rest of the way, I'd say A+M has a better shot at making it than UT does.

FWIW, on Tuesday Lunardi had Florida in as a 2. UK and Mizzou as 9s and Ole Miss as a 10 and no one else, not even in his "next 8 out." And that was before Kentucky lost to Florida (and lost Noel) and before Ole Miss lost to A+M.

I even think Florida is a bit of a paper tiger... The quality of the SEC is that poor. Tuesday night, watching UK-UF and Bama-UGa and then switching over for Michigan-Michigan State was loke watching the JVs play before the varsity.

FWIW, I think they get 3 in... UF is in, Mizzou and then one of UK or Ole Miss.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 02-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Missouri's win over Mississippi St last night was their first road win of the season... That's pathetic.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Big Blue Nation will be fine. You guys are talking draft potential and incoming recruits........wth? The season aint lost yet. You cant go to the final four every year, nor can you expect to do such. Have a little faith, lots of ball yet to be played. The moxy of the 'Cats is going to be tested, but their situation is not futile.
    This is now the 2nd time you've come into this thread trying to tell us what to talk about and how we should be better fans. Why don't you give it a damn rest?

PS: We've won 3 championships since your last one, we know we're going to be okay.
    Last edited by WMR; 02-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.

9. Likes:

New York Red (02-15-2013)

This is a silly statement.

Missouri has been ranked all year. They'll make it, no doubt.

Same with Ole Miss.

At least one of Kentucky and Alabama will make it, most likely both. Even Tennessee and Arkansas have outside shots of making the NCAAs.

I suspect Kentucky will make the big tourney assuming they win out against lower echelon teams and win at least one more big game against an upper division team.

Now, they might be a 12 seed, but they'll make it.
    I forgot about Missouri, that's my fault.

Ole Miss is on such a downward spiral though that Kentucky beating them isn't looking like a quality win right now. If they do win out, it would likely knock Kentucky out of the picture as well.

I'm with dabvu, three teams are in. Kentucky and Ole Miss will depend on how the rest of the season and how deep they go in the SEC tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's crazy how many page views this thread gets.

12. Likes:

New York Red (02-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    We. Are. UK. Even the haters can't get enough of us.

14. Likes:

jmac (02-16-2013),WMR (02-15-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

This is now the 2nd time you've come into this thread trying to tell us what to talk about and how we should be better fans. Why don't you give it a damn rest?

PS: We've won 3 championships since your last one, we know we're going to be okay.
    I didn't find anything at all wrong with AH's post. It didn't sound like Grandstanding to me.

Would you rather AH wasted bandwith with ridiculous drivel about one-and-dones and vacated banners?

Neither would I.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I didn't find anything at all wrong with AH's post. It didn't sound like Grandstanding to me.

Would you rather AH wasted bandwith with ridiculous drivel about one-and-dones and vacated banners?

Neither would I.
    Why do you think you have the right to even comment in this thread? The team you root for hasn't won a championship since 1987. That means no opinion you have will ever carry as much weight as someone who's team they root for has won 3 championships in that time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-16-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Not really.

It happens to be a great College B-Ball thread that encompasses not just UK and the SEC - not everybody pays attention to only conferences located in their backyard - but College B-Ball as a whole.

That stated, we can all obviously do without barbs and non-intelligent discussion.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Why do you think you have the right to even comment in this thread? The team you root for hasn't won a championship since 1987. That means no opinion you have will ever carry as much weight as someone who's team they root for has won 3 championships in that time.
    Were you even born in 1987, bro?

Do you even lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

Neither would I.
    It's the 2nd time he's told us how we're incorrectly rooting for our team. Spin it however you want.

Turn Off Ads?