Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'd normally agree, but look at UCLA and the success they are having this season.

The key is balance. The Kentucky teams Cal has had the past three seasons have had veterans on the team. This years team lacks that, outside of players who have mostly been benchwarmers their entire UK career (Polson and Hood).

I knew this season would likely be a bridge year. I just expected them to start clicking by now. Noel has done fine and Poythress is starting to "get it". Archie Goodwin might be the one who makes or breaks this season.
    You are dead on. It takes not only veterans, but veterans that have actually played, sprinkled in the mix.

There is still time to get it figured out....it was only a month or so back UCLA didnt have a clue. Right now I think it is a confidence issue as well with the Cats. A big win will get them heading in the right direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The UK-UNC series is back on. UK headed to Chapel Hill next season while UNC comes to Rupp in 2014.

As light as this years schedule was, next years will be tough:

@UNC
    Louisville
    Baylor @ Jerryworld
    Michigan State @ Chicago in the Champions Classic
    Big East team (although that could fall through with the conference collapsing)

If I'm not mistaken UK did sign a deal to play at the Barclays Center again next season, could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The UK-UNC series is back on. UK headed to Chapel Hill next season while UNC comes to Rupp in 2014.

@UNC
    Louisville
    Baylor @ Jerryworld

If I'm not mistaken UK did sign a deal to play at the Barclays Center again next season, could be wrong though.
    What's tough about it?

Big time programs should always do it this way. There is a reason Izzy's teams at MSU play well in the tournament.

@UNC
    Louisville
    Baylor @ Jerryworld

UK is playing in Barclays again next season, already confirmed and verified by Coach Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What's tough about it?

Big time programs should always do it this way. There is a reason Izzy's teams at MSU play well in the tournament.
    I was referencing how stacked next seasons schedule looks compared to this seasons. With how light this seasons is and the lack of quality wins UK is on the bubble right now for making the tournament. Next year looks a lot better.

Forgot that UK was also considering a neutral site game with Duke as well. No idea if thats still in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I was referencing how stacked next seasons schedule looks compared to this seasons. With how light this seasons is and the lack of quality wins UK is on the bubble right now for making the tournament. Next year looks a lot better.

Forgot that UK was also considering a neutral site game with Duke as well. No idea if thats still in the works.
    Too bad IU was too scared to play UK neutral site this season in Indy, they likely could have gotten a little bit closer to back to .500 vs UK.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    UofL has answered questions about their offense .
    You serious, Clark?

#L1C4 losses in a Row??

#GoPitt

If I had to pick a favorite to win it all today, I guess I would have to go with Kansas. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me to see them stub their toe against a midmajor yet again...

There aren't any great teams this season... More and more I'm thinking the champion this year could be some team out of left field who gets hot at the right time and catches a few lucky breaks along the way.

I'm not one to usually condone violence, but I hope one of our guys puts an elbow into Marshall Henderson's grill tomorrow night. That kid might be the biggest punk I've ever seen in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Too bad IU was too scared to play UK neutral site this season in Indy, they likely could have gotten a little bit closer to back to .500 vs UK.
    LOL.......too bad UK didnt want Big Red Nation in Lexington you mean. Might have boosted the Cats RPI.

I see what you are saying WV. The schedule is what it is. You just never know how it is gonna look at the end of the year.....ask the Notre Dame football team!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I'm not one to usually condone violence, but I hope one of our guys puts an elbow into Marshall Henderson's grill tomorrow night. That kid might be the biggest punk I've ever seen in the SEC.
    This dude has been arrested for using counterfeit money to purchase marijuana. TWICE.

Epic DB doesn't really come close to describing him...

He will drop a ton on UK if they don't seriously sack up and get in his grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL.......too bad UK didnt want Big Red Nation in Lexington you mean. Might have boosted the Cats RPI.
    If I was an IU fan I would be ticked that my administration didn't jump all over that neutral site deal. IU would have been heavy, heavy favorites to win that game.

If I was an IU fan I would be ticked that my administration didn't jump all over that neutral site deal. IU would have been heavy, heavy favorites to win that game.
    I don't know, if they had to bump the South Dakota St game, it would have hurt IU's RPI. Maybe we were better off after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Playing the game in Louisville for four years -- both teams alternating yearly as the "home" team -- would have been fine with me. Alas, that ship has sailed.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?