Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And Cal wasted no time pointing that out.

Missouri is up on Ole Miss at the half. Still a good possibility even with this loss Kentucky makes the tournament, and I'm betting that it will be a first round game in Dayton. Say what you want about the NCAA, but they are a business first and would put Kentucky in a round early to sell tickets.

I'd say Mr. Harrow will be looking for a new school next season or taking Twany Beckham's spot on the bench. Pretty sad that Cal thought Harrow would be a better fit for this team than Rodney Purvis or even Marcus Smart.

Edit: I have nothing bad to say about Harrow as a person. For those who haven't seen it yet, he was interviewed after the game and took full responsibility for the loss and was hounded by the media before dropping his head into the towel in tears. I don't pin tonights loss on Harrow alone, but he is in over his head as a starter and would be better off as a backup next season.

I also agree with Jeff Goodman, Cal should decline a NIT bid and just end the season if we don't make the tournament.
    On Harrow, I agree as far as I believe he is a good kid who probably could do better at another school. You hit the nail on the head as far as being in over his head and by no means should he take all the blame.
    As far as Goodman, a part of me agrees but the bigger part thinks, UK would be run the thru mill by the media as having a "too good-sore loser" type attitude so I would say take the bid and play "the one game" and end the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Declining the NIT bid is not only not going to happen, it's a horrible idea.

As turrible as this team is, we still have an all-time wins lead to uphold and they could possibly win a couple games in the NIT, which counts towards that record.

Unsurprising an asshat Cal-hater like Goodman would tweet garbage like that, however.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-16-2013)

I also agree with Jeff Goodman, Cal should decline a NIT bid and just end the season if we don't make the tournament.
    Fail. Cmon, WV, when you agree with Goodman you kick your own ass.

Maintaining as much separation from KU as possible heading into next season is this team's primary goal at this point.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

As turrible as this team is, we still have an all-time wins lead to uphold and they could possibly win a couple games in the NIT, which counts towards that record.
    I actually discussed this with a friend this week. I said I didnt think UK as a University would decline but deep down, my feeling is Cal would like to decline it but I am sure he wouldnt admit it.

Man can world wide wes recruit and oh boy can "coach" cal improve them , Kentucky will now see what coach Cal is all about. Can not wait till the probation hits lmfao
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Man can world wide wes recruit and oh boy can "coach" cal improve them , Kentucky will now see what coach Cal is all about. Can not wait till the probation hits lmfao
    Have another drink, drunky...

Way to embarrass your UL fan base. Talking crap to the defending champ when your program hasn't won it all since 1986... Little Brudders till the end... SMH...

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Maintaining as much separation from KU as possible heading into next season is this team's primary goal at this point.
    That might be what you think their primary goal should be, I dont think this team is worried about such things. As of now there is a glimmer of hope for them to "salvage" a season, unfortunately for them it is no longer in their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Clint Hurtt says hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Unsurprising an asshat Cal-hater like Goodman would tweet garbage like that, however.
    Couldn't agree more.

Even with an expanded NCAA tourney, it isn't as if the winner of the NIT should be considered the 69th best team in the country, as several quality teams will still miss out.

While it may not may not mask the disappointment of this season - not that I'm telling UK fans how to feel (please, don't take it this way) - the opportunity to end the season winning a final game should account for something.

That stated, I agree with WV Red that UK may well qualify for the NCAAs.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Sometimes the arrogance just amazes me. UK is squarely on the "bubble" and we talk about all-time wins? And how the NIT can improve that win count? Keeping distance from KU? I am just shaking my head and chuckling. I wonder if the same approach is taken towards the Reds? The season is in the tank, but the team's focus should be on staying ahead of the Cubs as far as all-time wins. We need to distant ourselves from them. That means alot to our organization? Give me a break.

I really don't know why I read this thread sometimes.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    On Harrow, I agree as far as I believe he is a good kid who probably could do better at another school. You hit the nail on the head as far as being in over his head and by no means should he take all the blame.
    As far as Goodman, a part of me agrees but the bigger part thinks, UK would be run the thru mill by the media as having a "too good-sore loser" type attitude so I would say take the bid and play "the one game" and end the season.
    Except Kentucky would likely be having home field until they play in New York for the championship rounds. They've done well in Lexington this year, so it would basically be prolonging an already miserable season.

I really don't view it as "sore loser" as much as just blow it up and start over next season. It would be one thing if this team played hard every game yet the talent level wasn't there. You can tell though by watching this team that they give up when they receive the least little bit of adversity away from Rupp Arena.

Fail. Cmon, WV, when you agree with Goodman you kick your own ass.

I really don't care about that to be honest. If we get the recruiting class we're projected to get we will likely be putting enough separation between Kansas anyways.

Even if Cal wanted to end the season now, I'd say UK will accept the bid just for moneys sake. Rupp is going to be home for the second/third rounds of the tournament and fans who normally wouldn't get a chance to see UK due to season ticket holders will be piling in to see the Cats at Memorial Coliseum.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Except Kentucky would likely be having home field until they play in New York for the championship rounds. They've done well in Lexington this year, so it would basically be prolonging an already miserable season.

I really don't view it as "sore loser" as much as just blow it up and start over next season. It would be one thing if this team played hard every game yet the talent level wasn't there. You can tell though by watching this team that they give up when they receive the least little bit of adversity away from Rupp Arena.
    Basically I was saying it would be the "national media" who would eat up bashing Cal and the University for thinking we are too good to play in the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I really don't know why I read this thread sometimes.
    LOL....the same reason I do.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Basically I was saying it would be the "national media" who would eat up bashing Cal and the University for thinking we are too good to play in the NIT.
    LOL....think about what some of you guys have said during the course of the season. I have heard everything from what if we would have gotten Shabazz and Bennett to playing for the all time wins record, and everything in between.

Turn Off Ads?