Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

I don't have the link but UK just announced that WCS is coming back and Goodwin will enter the draft. WCS coming back is really going to help next years team that much more. Bad mistake for Goodwin. He's either going end up overseas or at best on that shuttle bus between the D-League and the NBA. Poythress is still deciding.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

WMR (04-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Wiggins is going to Wichita State to play with his brother.

And no, I'm not serious. But some Shocker fans ARE foolishly getting their hopes up just a little.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I don't have the link but UK just announced that WCS is coming back and Goodwin will enter the draft. WCS coming back is really going to help next years team that much more. Bad mistake for Goodwin. He's either going end up overseas or at best on that shuttle bus between the D-League and the NBA. Poythress is still deciding.
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/01/ke...e-goodwin-nba/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I am pretty surprised that WCS is coming back. I think he would have been a top 10-14 pick. He is going to be a beast next year. This really helps out our depth.

7. Likes:

WMR (04-01-2013)

I'm a little shocked that WCS is returning. He could be a monster next year. I also love the quote from Dakari Johnson, about possibly coming off the bench instead of starting. He said he doesn't care about playing time; he only cares about winning. That's the kind of attitude that wins championships. Wiltjer announced he's not transferring also. A lot of great news for UK basketball today.

9. Likes:

WMR (04-01-2013)

That surprises me. If Wiggins decides to come to Kentucky, they'll be among the most talented teams in the history of the game. Two deep at every position-- and three deep at many:

PG Harrison/ Polson
    SG Harrison/ Young
    SF Wiggins/ Young/ Hood
    PF Randle/ Wiltjer/ Lee
    C WCS/ Johnson/ Lee/ Wiltjer

I'd love to see an absolute balls to the wall pressing team, with Cauley-Stein, Johnson, or Lee back to erase mistakes. This is also the Calipari team that could dominate by playing an all-out DDMO.

Fun to see that team together-- even moreso if Poythress comes back. (Or, for that matter, Noel.)

11. Likes:

WMR (04-01-2013)

WCS was by far the most important guy to have back, barring a Noel shocker.

Cal generally doesn't like to press but with this many studs needing PT, I hope we see at least some pressing.

Now just Wiggins please!

WCS was by far the most important guy to have back, barring a Noel shocker.

Cal generally doesn't like to press but with this many studs needing PT, I hope we see at least some pressing.

Now just Wiggins please!

part of BBN

Gordon-Hawkins and of course Wiggins still out there.

I think this lineup would be fun.

PG-Andrew Harrison
    SG-Aaron Harrison
    SF-James Young
    PF-Andrew Wiggins
    C-Julius Randle

Five scorers who can space the floor out, similar to Wichita State when they go "small".
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    If Archie Goodwin ends up overseas, Nero Wolfe will be completely lost.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-02-2013)

part of BBN

Nice quote from and about Julius at the McDonald's allstar game :

Julius Randle said that he will be disappointed with anything less than a title next season, including a Final Four finish. Also, the UK commitments are already forming some chemistry. Randle says that the chemistry between the future Cats is already “off the charts” and they’ve been giving the other guys a taste of what’s to come: “They try to come back at us, but come on. There are six of us.”

19. Likes:

WMR (04-02-2013)

POY COMIN BACK!

WOW, this is BIG.

Great news.

I'm predicting he's in beast mode much more regularly next season.

BTW: He averaged the same #s as Jamal Mashburn's freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    POY COMIN BACK!
    Giggity
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

part of BBN

“This year didn’t end like we wanted it to,” Poythress said. “I want to come back and do what we said we wanted to do and that’s win a national title. I want to develop more as a player and the competition coming in next year should help me do that.”

Turn Off Ads?