Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 999

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

  1. #886
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Dont know if this will change but Alex and Archie said they will be back. WCS also says he isnt ready for NBA and Harrow says he isnt transferring.
    Course minds can change though.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #887
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Dont know if this will change but Alex and Archie said they will be back. WCS also says he isnt ready for NBA and Harrow says he isnt transferring.
    Course minds can change though.
    WCS also said he would be talking it over with his parents. You can't teach size and with the frontcourt UK has coming in next year, it might be enough to push him and Nerlens out the door.

    I don't know that Harrow could transfer without losing another year of eligibility. To be honest I don't know why Cal recruited him to Kentucky in the first place. It was evident in the All Access that he was too timid to lead this team and I think Cal recruited him thinking he could turn him into something that he wasn't. If he stays he will be on the end of the bench fighting with Polson (unless he graduates early) for minutes behind Andrew Harrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #888
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    If what I think holds up to be true and the players do return (minus Noel), here's my take at next years roster:

    PG-Andrew Harrison
    SG-Archie Goodwin
    SF-Andrew Wiggins
    PF-Julius Randle
    C-Willie Cauley-Stein

    Bench:
    PG-Ryan Harrow
    PG-Jarrod Polson
    SG-Aaron Harrison
    SG-James Young
    SF-Alex Poythress
    SF-Kyle Wiltjer
    SF-Jon Hood
    PF-Marcus Lee
    PF-Derek Willis
    C-Dakari Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  5. #889
    Member Tuff Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NW, Tn.
    Posts
    299

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If what I think holds up to be true and the players do return (minus Noel), here's my take at next years roster:

    PG-Andrew Harrison
    SG-Archie Goodwin
    SF-Andrew Wiggins
    PF-Julius Randle
    C-Willie Cauley-Stein

    Bench:
    PG-Ryan Harrow
    PG-Jarrod Polson
    SG-Aaron Harrison
    SG-James Young
    SF-Alex Poythress
    SF-Kyle Wiltjer
    SF-Jon Hood
    PF-Marcus Lee
    PF-Derek Willis
    C-Dakari Johnson
    That is what I could see.......but I don't see that kid from Hoptown...name eludes me at the moment.....also how many schollies are allowed 12 or 13? I've seen both mentioned, and always thought 13, but not certain.

  6. #890
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If what I think holds up to be true and the players do return (minus Noel), here's my take at next years roster:

    PG-Andrew Harrison
    SG-Archie Goodwin
    SF-Andrew Wiggins
    PF-Julius Randle
    C-Willie Cauley-Stein

    Bench:
    PG-Ryan Harrow
    PG-Jarrod Polson
    SG-Aaron Harrison
    SG-James Young
    SF-Alex Poythress
    SF-Kyle Wiltjer
    SF-Jon Hood
    PF-Marcus Lee
    PF-Derek Willis
    C-Dakari Johnson
    It would be nice if this year, they set a trend staying a year or two.
    One thing about your line-up. I really did like what I seen of the second half Archie tonight. The guys as a whole seemed like really wanted to win in those last 7 minutes.
    That being said, if the reports are accurate, it is hard to see Archie starting ahead of the other Harrison or even James Young who some say, will be our best 2 guard.
    If Randel chooses Kansas, we still would be in good shape with Lee who I predict will be the sleeper of the group.
    I will say if it plays out like you predict, that should make for an excellent Blue/White game.

  7. #891
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    It would be nice if this year, they set a trend staying a year or two.
    One thing about your line-up. I really did like what I seen of the second half Archie tonight. The guys as a whole seemed like really wanted to win in those last 7 minutes.
    That being said, if the reports are accurate, it is hard to see Archie starting ahead of the other Harrison or even James Young who some say, will be our best 2 guard.
    If Randel chooses Kansas, we still would be in good shape with Lee who I predict will be the sleeper of the group.
    I will say if it plays out like you predict, that should make for an excellent Blue/White game.
    From everything I've read, Randle is pretty much a Kentucky lean right now. It will be between Wiggins and Dominique Hawkins for the last spot IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  8. #892
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,180

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Isn't Wiggins leaning pretty hard towards FSU?
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

    Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

  9. #893
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Robert Morris?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #894
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    A bad ending to what was a disappointing season. That stuff happens, but cheer up fellas...in about 6 months things will look a whole lot different.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  11. #895
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,306

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    A bad ending to what was a disappointing season. That stuff happens, but cheer up fellas...in about 6 months things will look a whole lot different.
    No kidding. By the time next season rolls around I'm going to wish that I had gone ahead and piled on right now. But I'm too nice, I'm too nice.

  12. #896
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    No kidding. By the time next season rolls around I'm going to wish that I had gone ahead and piled on right now. But I'm too nice, I'm too nice.
    LOL.......I hear ya man!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  13. #897
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    782

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If what I think holds up to be true and the players do return (minus Noel), here's my take at next years roster:

    PG-Andrew Harrison
    SG-Archie Goodwin
    SF-Andrew Wiggins
    PF-Julius Randle
    C-Willie Cauley-Stein

    Bench:
    PG-Ryan Harrow
    PG-Jarrod Polson
    SG-Aaron Harrison
    SG-James Young
    SF-Alex Poythress
    SF-Kyle Wiltjer
    SF-Jon Hood
    PF-Marcus Lee
    PF-Derek Willis
    C-Dakari Johnson
    Yeesh. Scary good.

  14. #898
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Isn't Wiggins leaning pretty hard towards FSU?
    I think its about even. His parents are FSU alums and his teammate has committed to FSU, but I don't count out Cal in getting somebody he wants.

    One of the "experts" (can't remember if it was Telep or the guy from Scout) predicted Brandon Knight to Florida, Doron Lamb to Kansas, and Terrence Jones to Washington. Marquis Teague was also headed to Louisville and Nerlens Noel to Georgetown as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  15. #899
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Robert Morris?
    That just happened.

    Kind of a shock to anybody except UK fans. Just a fitting end for a disappointing season.

    To start the season opening a state of the art NBA arena to finishing it in a Pittsburgh suburb in a 3,000 seat gymnasium.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  16. #900
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Isn't Wiggins leaning pretty hard towards FSU?
    I personally will really be surprised if Wiggins chooses Ky. Thats just a gut feeling. WV has quite a bit more confidence than me also as far Randle which I would rate as 50/50. Hope he's right though.

  17. Likes:

    Chip R (03-20-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25