Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

They will have to take these next 3 one at a time and they got the win tonight. It wasnt a wide margin for a team with a 10-13 record (Vandy) but a win is a win.
    Have to play even better Saturday !

2. Turn Off Ads?

At least we're the greatest college basketball program of all time.

That's not a bad consolation prize when we can't win the championship every year.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Next year will be back to reality alright, when UK is preseason #1 and IU is back to being unranked and irrelevant. Enjoy your one season in the sun. You just better hope IU wins it all this year, because if they don't, that long stretch without a title might grow to 30 years, 40 years, who knows how long.
    Thats as ridiculous as what you were responding to. Not the part about UK but IU being unranked and irrelevant. Come on. They've got a good class coming in (not like you guys, but good) and not everyone will be gone from this years team.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

5. Likes:

jmac (02-23-2013),Revering4Blue (02-22-2013),WMR (02-22-2013)

Noah Vonleh is a player.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Next year will be back to reality alright, when UK is preseason #1 and IU is back to being unranked and irrelevant. Enjoy your one season in the sun. You just better hope IU wins it all this year, because if they don't, that long stretch without a title might grow to 30 years, 40 years, who knows how long.
    And just what was UK's preseason ranking this year? Look it up.

I concede IU has a championship drought. But it aint like since 1987 that they havent been relevant. Sure since the Bobby firing we have went through some transitions. But we made it to a championship game and the year Sampson got fired we had a pretty dang good team. Our failure has been not to be able to bounce back as good as the 'Cats when coaching changes have occured. Ask UCLA about that one.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Noah Vonleh is a player.
    I hope so.

Win at home over Mizzou will mean more than it should... Mizzou now 1-7 on the road this year.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Win at home over Mizzou will mean more than it should... Mizzou now 1-7 on the road this year.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    When you look at the other teams on the bubble it's tough to imagine UK doesn't make it. Lose to Florida but win the rest and they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    When you look at the other teams on the bubble it's tough to imagine UK doesn't make it. Lose to Florida but win the rest and they should be fine.
    Arkansas at home worries me. They're a different team at home, heck they whipped UF there.

Arkansas at home worries me. They're a different team at home, heck they whipped UF there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kentucky hasn't played all that well on the road at all, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kentucky hasn't played all that well on the road at all, have they?
    They have three in the conference on the road,Alabama,Florida and Tenessee. Also to ND and Louisville on the road. They probably have been slightly better than average on the road.
    The win against Missouri went a long way to getting them in. They have to beat Georgia and Miss State. Lose to either of those and they won't get in. If they beat those two and win a game or two in the SEC tourney they should be OK. Beat either Arkansas or Florida and they will certainly get in. Arkansas will be really tough. At home they play like a top 25 team. On the road they are awful. If they play with the intensity that they did Saturday night they could upset Florida. But I'm not counting on a win.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    They haven't played consistently well ANYWHERE.

Both their worst losses came at home, however. (Baylor and aTm)

part of BBN

Well spoken !

18. Likes:

Joseph (03-03-2013),WMR (03-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?