Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't know who's worse, UofL fans or IU fans. Neither has won a championship in a combined 53 years of basketball, yet they trash talk fans of a school that has completely owned them in every possible way, and has three championships in the last 16 years. I guess when you've been post-season garbage for so long, the regular season is all you have. The funny thing is, one of you is going home a loser this year too, and probably both of you. Then what?
    LOL........my point was that is awfully quiet in here. If my team was struggling you bet I would be talking about it. Keep in mind it has been 22 years since the Reds won a championship......post-season garbage for so long? LOL, but I imagine your perspective on that is quite a bit different.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Who cares? Fact of the matter is, both have a FAR better shot of winning the NC this year than UK does. So quit trying to play to history when you're having a down year. You embraced this coach and the culture that comes with it. So don't cry when it goes bad... And this year... Oh God is it going bad.

The thing you should worry about... What happens in the next few years when one of your hired guns gets upset about playing time and spills the beans? It's bound to happen. And at that point, you're a decade removed from winning a NC yourself. I wouldn't hang my hat on NC #vaca8
    LOL.......that first paragraph was very well said. That second one is conjecture!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares? Fact of the matter is, both have a FAR better shot of winning the NC this year than UK does. So quit trying to play to history when you're having a down year. You embraced this coach and the culture that comes with it. So don't cry when it goes bad... And this year... Oh God is it going bad.

The thing you should worry about... What happens in the next few years when one of your hired guns gets upset about playing time and spills the beans? It's bound to happen. And at that point, you're a decade removed from winning a NC yourself. I wouldn't hang my hat on NC #vaca8
    So one of our future "hired guns" is going to "spill the beans" which will lead to a retroactive vacating of a title won years before by different players. Hoosier logic, everybody!

Didn't your school JUST get off probation? Didn't your coach JUST cheat again in the Gary Harris recruitment? Isn't your team propped up by the cheating A-Hope foundation? Is that "Christian" group still cutting off player's cell phones if they go to the "wrong" school? Shameful, you should be embarrassed.

What's been the culture at Indiana for the last 20 or so years? Mainly a culture of losing. Oh yeah, and most recently, CHEATING.

How about we compare NCAA violations of our respective programs over the past 20 years?

Run along now, butthurt lil Hoosier. Those Sweet 16 rings need polishing.

Keep talking smack about a program that has completely owned you over two decades plus.

BTW: The NCAA tournament isn't played in Assembly Hall, so I wouldn't start counting my chickens or championships just yet. IU is still very mediocre if the game is not played in Assembly Hall and that will end up sending them home in March.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL........my point was that is awfully quiet in here. If my team was struggling you bet I would be talking about it. Keep in mind it has been 22 years since the Reds won a championship......post-season garbage for so long? LOL, but I imagine your perspective on that is quite a bit different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL.......that first paragraph was very well said. That second one is conjecture!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when you were leaving this website and never coming back after you got all butthurt when your UK obsession was pointed out? I see your time away didn't make your posts any better or your obsession with UK any less. Figures a fair-weather fan like you would come crawling back just because IU is having a good season. Pathetic.

Are you willfully ignorant? People have been discussing UK's struggles in this thread regularly.

Of course our perspective is different. We've won 3 championships since 1987.

These little Hoosier dogs barking pretty loud when they STILL haven't won a damn thing. Will there be another shrine if you make it back to the Sweet 16?

I'm really just amazed either of you would even attempt to talk smack about UK. Like bringing one of those rubber stage knives to a bazooka fight.

1987. 102-90. #8. 17-4 last 21 games vs IU.

Rushing the court like a midmajor. LOL.

LOL ... UofL fan or IU fan? You have to be one of those.

LOL ... UofL fan or IU fan? You have to be one of those.
    He's an IU fan. Can't you smell it? He reeks of the 80s.

Wait, UL fans smell like the 80s too...

The good thing is that at least one of our rivals--considering how we've dominated IU, not sure calling them a rival is appropriate, but whatever--is going to be absolutely heartbroken (with a good chance that they both are). We're in the clubhouse with our championship...

I promised myself I wouldn't sweat this season if we won it all last year, and a couple Hoosier trolls getting mouthy isn't going to change that.

I'm really interested to see Michigan play Ohio State...

Michigan might just be the best team in the country, will be intriguing to watch them during B10 play.

Would love to see them win it all if UK can't repeat.

Meechigan getting manhandled early by the Bucks!
    Last edited by WMR; 01-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.

I don't know who's worse, UofL fans or IU fans. Neither has won a championship in a combined 53 years of basketball, yet they trash talk fans of a school that has completely owned them in every possible way, and has three championships in the last 16 years. I guess when you've been post-season garbage for so long, the regular season is all you have. The funny thing is, one of you is going home a loser this year too, and probably both of you. Then what?
    I know you hate it but, the truth is, uofl and iu both have great teams this year. UofL has answered questions about their offense while IU has looked much better on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I know you hate it but, the truth is, uofl and iu both have great teams this year. UofL has answered questions about their offense while IU has looked much better on defense.
    If only there were 2 championships to go along with these two great teams...

At least one fanbase is going to be crying their eyes out at the end...

There are no great teams in college basketball this year. It's as down as it's been in a long, long time. The NCAA tournament will be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    He's an IU fan. Can't you smell it? He reeks of the 80s.

Wait, UL fans smell like the 80s too...

The good thing is that at least one of our rivals--considering how we've dominated IU, not sure calling them a rival is appropriate, but whatever--is going to be absolutely heartbroken (with a good chance that they both are). We're in the clubhouse with our championship...

I promised myself I wouldn't sweat this season if we won it all last year, and a couple Hoosier trolls getting mouthy isn't going to change that.
    We are usually on the same page, WMR, and we are here too. Every UK fan knew this was going to be a bridge year, with next year being another monster with a serious chance of bringing home #9. If this is what we signed up for ...

Elite Eight
    Final Four
    National Championship
    Bridge year
    National Championship contender

... I can live with it.

We are usually on the same page, WMR, and we are here too. Every UK fan knew this was going to be a bridge year, with next year being another monster with a serious chance of bringing home #9. If this is what we signed up for ...

Elite Eight
    Final Four
    National Championship
    Bridge year

... I can live with it.
    I honestly thought this team would be better than they have shown.

Goodwin has terrible ball IQ, Poythress has no heart, Wiltjer has wilted, etc. etc.

Interesting Bilas tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/jaybilas/...30266026475520

He's not writing the cats off yet... They've still got a couple months to get it right... However, they really can't lose very many more games unless they plan on winning the SEC Tournament.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Elite Eight
    Final Four
    National Championship
    Bridge year

... I can live with it.
    I would be fine with that too. And, if Louisville wins this year, I anticipate the defections will leave Louisville with a rough rebuilding season next year.

I would be fine with that too. And, if Louisville wins this year, I anticipate the defections will leave Louisville with a rough rebuilding season next year.
    What defections? There isn't a single Louisville player mentioned in the NBA mock drafts. Not even in the second round. Other than Seniors, who would leave?

LOL....a couple of you crack me up. Good luck in the NIT this year if ya even make that.

Turn Off Ads?