Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I'm looking at a 2013 mock draft right now. Zeller is listed #1. The next IU player (and only other IU player) listed is Watford at #42. No UofL player is listed in either the first or second round. So we're talking a total of one player in the top 40 picks from the preseason #1 and #2 teams in the country. If that doesn't tell you how down college basketball will be next year, I don't know how else to explain it for you. I'm sure if you were a fan of any other school but IU or UofL, you would easily admit what's obvious to everyone else. The fact that I'm a UK fan doesn't prevent me from stating facts. UK is being mentioned as preseason top five (even top three in some rankings), but there is no way this UK team is ranked that high most other years.
    My post was in response to this.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

LOL.......kudos Josh. Yes, they should be. I never really understood the blindness of a lot of UK fans until I started visiting this site. It is utterly amazing to me that a lot of them think that Naismith invented basketball in Lexington. And a lot of them that concede that it was actually in Springfield, Mass. still think that it was perfected in Lexington. Many talk about NBA talent, and have forgotten the years past and base everything on mock drafts and how high their boys will go in it. Goose Givins NBA career was......well.......not existant. Geez, it aint rocket science nor will ever be.

But anyways Josh, look forward to watching the 'ville play this year. Hopefully, we can get that Hoosier-Card rivalry going.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL.......kudos Josh. Yes, they should be. I never really understood the blindness of a lot of UK fans until I started visiting this site. It is utterly amazing to me that a lot of them think that Naismith invented basketball in Lexington. And a lot of them that concede that it was actually in Springfield, Mass. still think that it was perfected in Lexington. Many talk about NBA talent, and have forgotten the years past and base everything on mock drafts and how high their boys will go in it. Goose Givins NBA career was......well.......not existant. Geez, it aint rocket science nor will ever be.

But anyways Josh, look forward to watching the 'ville play this year. Hopefully, we can get that Hoosier-Card rivalry going.
    I never understood the obsession of a lot of Whosier fans with Kentucky and the opinion of Kentucky fans until you started visiting this site.

User Name Posts
    Assembly Hall 94
    New York Red 50
    WMR 27
    Scrap Irony 26
    LexRedsFan 22
    dabvu2498 20
    cumberlandreds 8

That's pathetic!

Butt still chapped from the Sweet 16 if I had to guess... perhaps you should take a trip to the shrine in Bloomington to make yourself feel better?

It's actually perfectly reasonable for UK fans to state that college basketball was perfected in Lexington. You're allowed to say that when you're a fan of the greatest college basketball program of all-time.

Lewisville and Indiana haven't won a damn thing since the mid 80s. You should consider piping down a little bit until you actually do manage to win something (Like UK has done more times than your entire conference since the Hosiers won a title.)

In closing, quit losing to powerhouses like Nebraska and Minnesota on the road and maybe you can start earning some respect from other fanbases.

And if posting with UK fans makes your butt so hurt, maybe you should stick to the Indiana thread. You're not going to convince anyone here that the hosiers are world beaters or that college basketball talent isn't down across the board next season, so quit trying. Respect is earned, not given, and so far, the Hosiers and Coach Clappy haven't earned a damn thing.
    Last edited by WMR; 07-09-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I've largely avoided this thread because I grew tired of this Louisville sucks argument three months ago but I have to call you on your mock draft analysis. Shockingly, you seem to have picked the only mock without a Louisville player. I just checked the first 5 on Google and all but one had Dieng and Blackshear, and Siva makes it in the second round occasionally. To illustrate the futility of mock drafts in July (and this discussion) Dieng went as low as undrafted to as high as the lottery.

I know UK fans hate it but Louisville has a great team for next year. Offensively, they may struggle unless Siva improves but they proved last year they could make the final four with great defense. Louisville fans are excited about both football and basketball and have every rite to be.
    I'm sure getting your heart torn out by UK in the Final Four has had nothing to do with Lewisville fans making themselves scarce in this thread.

Are you really excited about football? If I was a Lewisville fan, I'd be more concerned about my program ending up in the New Metro since no legitimate conference wants to touch my program with a 10 foot cattle prod. I guess backing into a BCS Charity Bowl should be a goal since the welfare bids are going bye bye after next season. If Jurich can't find some way to weasel UL into a legitimate conference, Cholly will be gone ASAP.

As long as UK isn't a 1-seed, there's a 100% probability that they will be matched up as IU's 2 or 3 in the Indianapolis Regional, playing in the Elite 8 in Lucas Oil

LOL WMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW do your homework a little better.........Minnesota beat us at home, we beat them on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    As long as UK isn't a 1-seed, there's a 100% probability that they will be matched up as IU's 2 or 3 in the Indianapolis Regional, playing in the Elite 8 in Lucas Oil
    I think with all these to-do over scheduling and the two games the teams had last year that the committe will make sure that they play again!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I never understood the obsession of a lot of Whosier fans with Kentucky and the opinion of Kentucky fans until you started visiting this site.

User Name Posts
    Assembly Hall 94
    New York Red 50
    WMR 27
    Scrap Irony 26
    LexRedsFan 22
    dabvu2498 20
    cumberlandreds 8

That's pathetic!

Butt still chapped from the Sweet 16 if I had to guess... perhaps you should take a trip to the shrine in Bloomington to make yourself feel better?
    I think someone is a closet UK fan.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I think someone is a closet UK fan.
    I do know a little bit about it..........I am half hillbilly!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Listen Big Apple Red, read your history books. Didnt Duke have a couple of guys go in the first round? I see they fared well in the tournament. Didnt Washington have two guys go in the first round? I see they fared well in the tournament. You seem to continuosly equate NBA talent to the college level. Green from MSU was one of the three best college players last year, where did he go in the draft? Your facts dont have anything to do with the college game, you are basing your opinion on how NBA mock drafts look at the current crop of college players and then projecting how the college game is gonna be. That aint the case. There have been great college guys that didnt have a chance in the NBA and there have been duds in college that excelled in the NBA. My 1987 IU team was great, they were built as a unit. How many guys from that squad even got drafted? They were a freakin' college team that finished the season as National Champs and beat some of your NBA talent along the way.

Try to look at it like college football. No one can argue that Doug Flutie, Turner Gill, or Tony Rice werent great QB's at the college level. Flutie won the Heisman, Rice won a national championship, and Gill was the signal caller on one of the greatest teams I ever saw. Where did they go in the draft?

As my business partner always says......."I will never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.".........I hope he isnt a member of this board!
    I've always tried to be respectful towards you, even though I consider 99% of the IU fanbase to be complete idiots. The more you post in the UK THREAD, the more you sound like your fellow Hoosiers. Forget the NBA angle. If you truly believe the 2013 editions of IU and UofL are loaded with bigtime college basketball talent, I have to seriously question your evaluation skills. Why is it only Hoosier and Cardinal fans refuse to acknowledge it'll be a down year talent-wise? You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. Just a few months ago UofL fans were running Pitino out of town. Now they're claiming they have great talent. IU fans are still waiting for a big win away from Assembley Hall (maybe it'll happen in 2013!!). You guys crack me up.

For the record, UofL made the Final Four because Florida had one of the biggest collapses in tournament history, somehow blowing a 9-point lead with less than two minutes to play (or something like that). In one month, UofL fans went from claiming they were terrible and running the coach out of town, to claiming they have a great team. You have to love sports fans.

I've always tried to be respectful towards you, even though I consider 99% of the IU fanbase to be complete idiots. The more you post in the UK THREAD, the more you sound like your fellow Hoosiers. Forget the NBA angle. If you truly believe the 2013 editions of IU and UofL are loaded with bigtime college basketball talent, I have to seriously question your evaluation skills. Why is it only Hoosier and Cardinal fans refuse to acknowledge it'll be a down year talent-wise? You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. Just a few months ago UofL fans were running Pitino out of town. Now they're claiming they have great talent. IU fans are still waiting for a big win away from Assembley Hall (maybe it'll happen in 2013!!). You guys crack me up.

You're a complete idiot. Boom. Roasted.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I already acknowledged that in post #280.

That should easily qualify me as a member of the 1% IU fanbase non-complete idiot club.

Quite an achievement.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I already acknowledged that in post #280.

That should easily qualify me as a member of the 1% IU fanbase non-complete idiot club.

Quite an achievement.
    Oh, did we have to submit our answers to NY Red to be considered possibly not an idiot?

As if which college team you root for has any bearing on the kind of person you are, lol. I think NY Red has proved once and for all that idiots can even root for UK.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh, did we have to submit our answers to NY Red to be considered possibly not an idiot?

As if which college team you root for has any bearing on the kind of person you are, lol. I think NY Red has proved once and for all that idiots can even root for UK.
    DIDN'T YOU GET THE MEMO? (Rush Hour 2 + Batman Begins) - YouTube
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?