Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    No, but Wade actually played for Crean. I am sure we will be seeing more of him in Bloomington in the future. It would be a helluva lot better than seeing Isiah Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't imagine Wade ever putting on a red sweater. He may go to neutral site games but I doubt he cares much about IU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I can't imagine Wade ever putting on a red sweater. He may go to neutral site games but I doubt he cares much about IU.

Oh really? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. He cares about IU because Crean is there. Of course Cal coached James in college, so I understand the the bond.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 06-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.

I think you're missing the point. James didn't play anywhere in college so he has no allegiance to worry about, he can openly support UK, which clearly he already does. So your sarcastic comment about his bond doesn't make any sense. Yes, Wade played for Crean but obviously not at IU, so while he supports Crean he's not showing up in Bloomington in IU gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Does D-Wade do this for IU?
    Nope, but he will go to OSU games with Bronny.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think you're missing the point. James didn't play anywhere in college so he has no allegiance to worry about, he can openly support UK, which clearly he already does. So your sarcastic comment about his bond doesn't make any sense. Yes, Wade played for Crean but obviously not at IU, so while he supports Crean he's not showing up in Bloomington in IU gear.

I am not missing any point. And my comment does make sense. James has no ties to UK. Wade does with IU for the simple fact he played college ball for Crean. 'Bron can change his allegiance at any given time, as you stated he has none to worry about. But Wade will always be tied to Crean, just as Rose will always be tied to Cal. Just sayin'.

BTW.......Wade was in Bloomington while the Heat were playing the Pacers........
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 06-24-2012 at 08:20 AM.

OK, so if we want to play the Wade was coached by Crean card..

It just so happens Cal coached an MVP in college.

OK, so if we want to play the Wade was coached by Crean card..

It just so happens Cal coached an MVP in college.
    Not playing any card. The current discussion was about James helping UK recruiting. I just said I hope WMR was right and that Wade would help IU. It has nothing to do with who played for who.

BTW Lex, it just so happens that Crean coached a guy that has won two rings. I dont understand the "MVP" reference.

Pretty interesting read I found on CBS the other day. Thought you UK fans would enjoy it............

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...r-and-calipari

Pretty interesting read I found on CBS the other day. Thought you UK fans would enjoy it............

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...r-and-calipari
    Yeah, can't argue too much with that article.

Now let me pay you Hoosiers a compliment: Zeller has a HELL OF a chance to win NPOY, IMO. Ferrell should also help in getting Zeller the ball in spots where he can score it more effectively/easily. Clear B10 favorite.

I do think Michigan will be a stiff challenge for you guys in the B10.

Isn't this supposed to be Tubby's best team ever at Minny?

I think Ohio State will take a step back next year.

What do you guys think, particularly what I posted about your rivals in the B10? Is there a team I'm leaving out who could be a contender?

Not playing any card. The current discussion was about James helping UK recruiting. I just said I hope WMR was right and that Wade would help IU. It has nothing to do with who played for who.

BTW Lex, it just so happens that Crean coached a guy that has won two rings. I dont understand the "MVP" reference.
    Well, I'm just pointing out that Cal has coached plenty of guys that have succeeded...not that he needs help recruiting at this point.

Here's the MVP reference:

Re: UK #1 Article

Does it make any other UK fans nervous to start out that high? Even last year's team wasn't hyped as #1 by anyone outside of us, really. It was all UNC this..UNC that going into the year.

IMO, there's no way the '12-'13 team is close to the National Title team. Of course..they're not playing each other.

It just makes me nervous to start out so highly regarded with a roster I know so little about. All I can think of are some recent highly ranked flameouts -- K State and Michigan State a few years ago, UConn last year. I just don't have much confidence this early...but it will come.

Re: UK #1 Article

Does it make any other UK fans nervous to start out that high? Even last year's team wasn't hyped as #1 by anyone outside of us, really. It was all UNC this..UNC that going into the year.

IMO, there's no way the '12-'13 team is close to the National Title team. Of course..they're not playing each other.

It just makes me nervous to start out so highly regarded with a roster I know so little about. All I can think of are some recent highly ranked flameouts -- K State and Michigan State a few years ago, UConn last year. I just don't have much confidence this early...but it will come.
    I think the lack of tournament experience will hurt the upcoming team. Wiltjer is the only one with any experience at all and that isn't much. Saying that the 2010-11 team didn't have much experience either and came very close to winning it all. So you never know. I do think this years team will be a lot like the 10-11 team. They may takes some lumps,especially on the road. But in the end turn out pretty good.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Best news is this: look at the competition. 2010-2011 had some incredible teams (some of whom we ended up beating on the way to the Final Four).

This season, the two "best" teams heading into the season according to the experts are IU and UL. Looking at mock drafts, it is obvious that UK has the most NBA talent of the three, and, judging by history, they will be hitting their peak right around March.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Now let me pay you Hoosiers a compliment: Zeller has a HELL OF a chance to win NPOY, IMO. Ferrell should also help in getting Zeller the ball in spots where he can score it more effectively/easily. Clear B10 favorite.

I do think Michigan will be a stiff challenge for you guys in the B10.

Isn't this supposed to be Tubby's best team ever at Minny?

I think Ohio State will take a step back next year.

What do you guys think, particularly what I posted about your rivals in the B10? Is there a team I'm leaving out who could be a contender?
    Yogi should give us what we lacked last year, a true point guard. Hulls is a tough player but more suited for the SG. The only thing I am concerned about is chemistry. Yogi's minutes will have to come from somewhere, but regardless it is a good problem to have and they will be the B1G's clear front runner.

IMO, Michigan is a FF contender. They have a few holes to fill with some senior losses and to me an unexcpected tranfer loss, but they did what they did last year without any post presence. That should be taken care of this year.

I think last year was Tubby's best coaching job at Minny. He lost his best player for the year and they had their chance coming down the stretch. I think they only lose Sampson III and they get Trevor back. They are a tournament team but I dont see them finishing in the top 4 in the conference.

Ohio St. is a curious one. On paper it might appear they will take a step back, but I dont see it that way. It is DeShaun's team now and I think they will be fine and challenge for the conference title.

I think that Michigan St and Iowa are two teams to watch. Izzo gets so much out of his Spartans and they have a great class coming in. Iowa did great last year and Fran has the Hawks heading in the right direction.

Turn Off Ads?