Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Someone want to guess what Elston Turner did tonight?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Someone want to guess what Elston Turner did tonight?
    What does that say about UK's defense? Wow.

C'mon guys, we've seen this a thousand times. Player X (or Team Y in other cases) has the game of their life versus UK... very next game they lay a complete egg.

You'd likely see the same result if you asked the Super Bowl champion to play a "regular season" game the week after they won the championship.

UK really is everyone's Super Bowl. Hell, the only time the majority of schools in the SEC get a sell-out is when UK is in town.

Word is coming out that WCS had some minor knee surgery and will miss some games. Cal is supposed to be having a news conference about now and will probably address this. This injury might put them out of the NCAA's. We will just have to wait and see.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'd hate to miss the NCAAs, but it wouldn't be the end of the world in all honesty. This is just not a cohesive group. Lots of talent, but not a lot of 'team'.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...223503260.html

UK Frosh-to-be records QUADRUPLE double

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What does that say about UK's defense? Wow.
    No kidding, honestly it wouldn't take too much effort, but I'd love to see the records of teams' games after they beat Kentucky

Baylor lost at home to Northwestern the game after
    A&M got demolished at home

part of BBN

Sort of changing the subject but (not entirely), I had not seen the ESPN "Storied" feature on Sam Bowie till yesterday. It was very interesting and any UK fan from the 80's would enjoy it. One thing I did not know, but Bowie admitted he knew his leg wasnt well when he was drafted but he said something like "he had family that needed money so he did what anyone would do".
    The guy went thru alot. Glad to see him get to at least go out on his terms. (he said West wanted to offer him an extension and he said" No...I'm done and going back to Lexington)

The kids UK is recruiting are one and done's how does that show real growth or co-hesiveness ? These pukes stop attending classes in January is that really the kind of players you want representing the school you cheer for?

Sorry yes this is a flame but jesus.............. really is that what NCAA basketball is for you?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    The kids UK is recruiting are one and done's how does that show real growth or co-hesiveness ? These pukes stop attending classes in January is that really the kind of players you want representing the school you cheer for?

Sorry yes this is a flame but jesus.............. really is that what NCAA basketball is for you?
    Every OAD we've had has finished out the school year academically, with the exception of Daniel Orton, who was a total waste of a scholarship. The GPA for UK's men's basketball team is higher than UofL's. Every year. Just because none of your players are NBA worthy, doesn't mean they're better students. You might want to do some fact checking before posting again. And by the way, your coach recruits the same players Calipari recruits. They just don't want to play for a coach who can't develop them into NBA players.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Sort of changing the subject but (not entirely), I had not seen the ESPN "Storied" feature on Sam Bowie till yesterday. It was very interesting and any UK fan from the 80's would enjoy it. One thing I did not know, but Bowie admitted he knew his leg wasnt well when he was drafted but he said something like "he had family that needed money so he did what anyone would do".
    The guy went thru alot. Glad to see him get to at least go out on his terms. (he said West wanted to offer him an extension and he said" No...I'm done and going back to Lexington)
    That was a good show. It was done along the lines of the 30 for 30 programs. I remember Bowie's recruitment and days at UK very well. He was a great player and was going to be a great pro before his injuries started. I didn't remember or realize he originally hurt his leg against Vandy during his sophmore year. I can't blame him for not telling Portland his leg was hurting him before they drafted. Bowie came from a very poor background and this was his chance to escape that. POrtland knew he had a history of leg trouble and it was their risk that they took him early in the draft.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post

I smell a troll. And jealous one at that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Every OAD we've had has finished out the school year academically, with the exception of Daniel Orton, who was a total waste of a scholarship. The GPA for UK's men's basketball team is higher than UofL's. Every year. Just because none of your players are NBA worthy, doesn't mean they're better students. You might want to do some fact checking before posting again. And by the way, your coach recruits the same players Calipari recruits. They just don't want to play for a coach who can't develop them into NBA players.
    Chane Behanon chose UofL over UK although that was likely due to playing time.

But I agree, I'd take UK's one and dones from last year any day. This year not so much but anybody would want Davis and MKG.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Chane Behanon chose UofL over UK although that was likely due to playing time.

But I agree, I'd take UK's one and dones from last year any day. This year not so much but anybody would want Davis and MKG.
    I kinda wonder how hard Cal recruited Behanon though. I think if Terrence Jones would have went pro a year early Cal might have pushed harder, but like you said, playing time made all the difference.

As for player development, I look at Peyton Siva. Five star recruit coming out of high school. There were some fans claiming that Siva would be better than Wall because he stayed all four years, yet I have not seen Siva on any NBA draft boards so far this year in a pretty weak NBA draft. The only pro I see on that team is Giorgui Dieng, and he is projected late first round.

I think Louisville is at their peak right now for the next couple of seasons. The Indiana pipeline is closed thanks to Tom Crean and Pitino isn't going to get any player that Cal wants. Moving to the ACC could work against Louisville the way it worked against WVU in football in exposing Louisville on a bigger stage. That's assuming the conference stays intact (Maryland lawsuit).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The ACC was UL's only option but they're going to end up hating that decision from a basketball standpoint once they get to start dealing with the Carolina Mafia (The ACC runs through tobacco road) and realize that they'll be fighting for 3rd place almost every year.

Of course, this is all predicated upon the ACC actually surviving as a viable conference which is not a foregone conclusion by any means. Florida State and Clemson want out of the ACC desperately and if that happens I think you'll see the entire conference crumble.

Turn Off Ads?