Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How bad is Vandy going to be this year?
    Friggin miserable.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Fail.
    That was wrong, but I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    So is Polson gonna be the new Jorts? That was a sloppy but entertaining game to watch...and that big dude for the Terps is legit.
    I like Polson but if it's middle of the season and he is getting minutes, Kentucky could be in trouble.

Harrow doesn't have the leadership skills in a Cal PG and Goodwin tries to do everything by himself. Turgeon admitted he had done ZERO planning on Polson and I'm sure Coach K hasn't made that mistake by Tuesday.

I hope I am wrong, but while I like seeing Kentucky boys living the dream, it's kinda like Stillman White last year for UNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Harrow out tomorrow vs Duke according to Dick Vitale.

Bob Knight will also be on the panel calling the game tomorrow. Any chance I could find Tom Leach calling the game over the internet and mute the TV?
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wonder if Bobby is going to be able to act like an adult for the entire broadcast?

I wonder if Bobby is going to be able to act like an adult for the entire broadcast?
    Has he ever?

ESPN is looking for ratings. By pairing Knight with his beloved student and the team he loathes, it makes for good water cooler discussion the next day. Of course, color commentary goes by the wayside during the game, but that's beside the point.

Duke should honestly be ashamed of how they play the sport of basketball.

Just shameful flopping.

Cal is right, NCAA should adopt the NBA rule in regards to flopping.

Duke has definitely been the better team, UK has a lot of improving to do if they're going to be a serious contender.

Loved Cal's comment about the flopping. I'm betting that will be a soundbite for tomorrow on all the talk radio shows.

I'd like to see a rematch of this game in March. Kentucky will improve while Duke will likely be a top 5 team throughout the year.

Wiltjer was unable to get free all night. Alex Poythress had the game of his life, and looks like he is starting to step up. Goodwin is going to be a player who will make a great play on one possession, then do something boneheaded the next.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No. Senior. Leadership. No Darius Miller, no Josh Harrellson, no Ramon Harris or Perry Stevenson even. None. Julius Mayes is the closest one and coming from the A-10 it's an adjustment for him as well.

This team has some growing up to do, but this was a game I thought they would lose.

Had to work, I missed the game.

What's the deal? Is Dook a top team and we just fell short? Or do we have some worrying to do? Obviously it's really early, but are we more of a Top 10-15 team than Top 5? Worse? Just curious on your guys' thoughts.

Senior leadership is great. A PG would be even better. Last year, I remember thinking that the biggest change in the Cats from game one to the end of the season was the improvement of Teague. He went from being a shaky guy who seemed to shy away from the moment to someone who was an attacker and another weapon. Harrow is going to have to be great for this team to have any chance. There was alot of reckless and clueless basketball last night.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

From an outside observer I thought there was equal talent on the floor for both teams but Duke did have a lot of composure and execution. I'd expect UK to challenge for the SEC title, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Julius Mayes is the closest one and coming from the A-10 it's an adjustment for him as well.
    It he was coming from the A-10, the adjustment wouldn't be that difficult (particularly once you get into the SEC schedule). But he's not.

I'm surprised at how bad an one on one defender Noel is. He's a decent weak-side shot blocker, but man-o-a-man-o, Plumlee worked him out, with and without the ball.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?