Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Nice meltdown.

Perhaps reading/posting in the KENTUCKY BASKETBALL thread isn't for you if you're so sick and tired of discussing Kentucky basketball.
    This is what I really wanted to say.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nice meltdown.

Perhaps reading/posting in the KENTUCKY BASKETBALL thread isn't for you if you're so sick and tired of discussing Kentucky basketball.

Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

No, the mistake I have made is expecting a little objectivity from a few of the members. I have come to the conclusion that there are some here that are completely blind. I could understand it if this site was "UK Zone" solely for the purpose of UK basketball. But its not. Enjoy the ride right now cause all good things come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Enjoy the ride right now cause all good things come to an end.
    The UK basketball dynasty has thrived for 80 or 90 years now. I'm pretty sure that isn't going to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The UK basketball dynasty has thrived for 80 or 90 years now. I'm pretty sure that isn't going to change any time soon.

Take off the blinders. They have been pretty low before. Just a few years back there was disharmony in Lexington. Before that it was Tubby Smith. Before that it was Eddie Sutton. Before that the program was under scrutiny with Joe B., And before that even Adolph Rupp had his problems. They all go through it NY Red, UK is not exempt, even if you think they are.

UK basketball might be "down" again some day, who knows... An Indiana fan of all people talking about another program being down is chuckle-worthy.

No matter how far down we get, however...

We'll still have a greater program than Indiana.

Pretty amazing we're still the consensus #1 program of all-time with all of these "down times" we've been forced to endure.

Imagine how DOWN those other schools must get!

Pretty amazing we're still the consensus #1 program of all-time with all of these "down times" we've been forced to endure.

Imagine how DOWN those other schools must get!
    Yeah, schools like Indiana and Louisville...who haven't won a national championship in my lifetime.

Take off the blinders. They have been pretty low before. Just a few years back there was disharmony in Lexington. Before that it was Tubby Smith. Before that it was Eddie Sutton. Before that the program was under scrutiny with Joe B., And before that even Adolph Rupp had his problems. They all go through it NY Red, UK is not exempt, even if you think they are.
    I didn't say there were never any down years, or that there never will be again. Having occasional down years (by UK standards) doesn't mean anything is "coming to an end". The Yankee dynasty doesn't come to an end because they go a few years without a WS title, and neither does the Kentucky basketball dynasty. It was built over time and it will stand the test of time. That's not wearing blinders, it's making a case based on available data. You can say the good times are coming to an end, but you have no evidence that supports that opinion. It's just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Yeah, schools like Indiana and Louisville...who haven't won a national championship in my lifetime.
    Hopefully you can still say that when you're 50!

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Thats to bad. If you were a little older you might have a different perspective and a little more appreciation for what is going on at UK right now. Seems like the 80's and early 90's are a distant memory now. You know when Kentucky like made it to one Final Four in like 20 years. Ah, yes the good old days of the of the UK dynasty. I miss them, and how their fans behaved. IU and Louisville were dominant and programs like Georgetown and Duke surfaced. We shall see in the upcoming seasons how the landscape will be.

Thats to bad. If you were a little older you might have a different perspective and a little more appreciation for what is going on at UK right now. Seems like the 80's and early 90's are a distant memory now. You know when Kentucky like made it to one Final Four in like 20 years. Ah, yes the good old days of the of the UK dynasty. I miss them, and how their fans behaved. IU and Louisville were dominant and programs like Georgetown and Duke surfaced. We shall see in the upcoming seasons how the landscape will be.
    If not for Sam Bowie missing two full years because of leg injuries, the 80's decade would have looked a lot different, but we were still awfully good. UK was ranked in the Top Five in the AP poll 8 different years in the 80's, and in the Top Ten 9 times. Compare that to the "down" periods other schools have. And if by "early 90's" you mean 1990 -- one season -- I'll give you that. It was the only down year of that decade though. We finished the '91 season ranked in the Top Ten, then dominated the rest of the decade.

If not for Sam Bowie missing two full years because of leg injuries, the 80's decade would have looked a lot different, but we were still awfully good. UK was ranked in the Top Five in the AP poll 8 different years in the 80's, and in the Top Ten 9 times. Compare that to the "down" periods other schools have. And if by "early 90's" you mean 1990 -- one season -- I'll give you that. It was the only down year of that decade though. We finished the '91 season ranked in the Top Ten, then dominated the rest of the decade.
    LOL.......Want some cheese to go with that whine? '78-'96, correct? IU was pretty damn good too during those years, as was Louisville. Seems like you sound like this "IU fan", to hear a few of ya say it. Sam Bowie? Give me a break turning the 80's around. As I said you guys are on cloud 9 right now, enjoy it because you never know when that "drought" will come again. Be happy with what you have achieved, and quit talking trash about other institutions. And pay attention in science class, the Earth revolves around the sun, not Lexington.

PS.......I remember the 89-90 season well. Nothing like walking into Rupp and spanking the 'Cats by 25. Which is what would have happened this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...g-to-everybody
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 05-25-2012 at 10:05 PM.

LOL.......Want some cheese to go with that whine? '78-'96, correct? IU was pretty damn good too during those years, as was Louisville. Seems like you sound like this "IU fan", to hear a few of ya say it. Sam Bowie? Give me a break turning the 80's around. As I said you guys are on cloud 9 right now, enjoy it because you never know when that "drought" will come again. Be happy with what you have achieved, and quit talking trash about other institutions. And pay attention in science class, the Earth revolves around the sun, not Lexington.

PS.......I remember the 89-90 season well. Nothing like walking into Rupp and spanking the 'Cats by 25. Which is what would have happened this year.
    Ya know, I've tried to be respectful towards you, because we're both Reds fans, and I've only posted factual stuff. It's a fact we were ranked in the Top Five eight times in the 80's. It's a fact that Sam Bowie missing two years because of leg injuries completely changed our team for three years. It's not "whining", it's facts. I have not talked trash about any other schools -- though I could. If by "drought" you mean championships, you need to check your own school's track record. Other than the fluke run UCLA had, even the best programs average less than one championship per decade. Your school is far below that average.

Again, I've tried to discuss basketball with you respectfully. Not sure why you're losing your cool. Do you really expect UK fans to not be biased towards UK? There is an IU thread on this forum, but you choose to post mainly in the UK thread. You remind me of most of the IU and UofL fans I know -- more obsessed with UK than their own school.

AH, there's a one-hour Coach Cal interview coming up at 11:00 on FSS. I'm sure you'll want to tune in, since you're so concerned with anything UK basketball related.

Turn Off Ads?