Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    True. But he scored over half his points after the merger. Unlike Dampier, who was almost exclusively an ABA guy.
    Cant argue that. And I would say that for what "little" I know about UK b-ball he would be my choice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Frank Ramsey won 7 World Championships with the Boston Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    True. The 3 Hall of Famers from UK are Hagan, Issel and Ramsey.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    True. The 3 Hall of Famers from UK are Hagan, Issel and Ramsey.
    Only 3????????? Wow.

Everybody that was on the Celtics won World Championships in those days.

It's a lot like Alabama football. They've had just the 1 Heisman winner, Ingram. We've had the 1 POY, Davis.* The two programs have a TON of similarities if you look deep. Neither of us has really been the "sexy" program until the past few years, but we've both won. We both had all-time greats: Bear and Rupp. We both have monster fanbases that take a lot of flack. Both of our current coaches are controversial, and we've both had a few "Troubles" in the past.

*Wall won 1 of the major awards, but that's like claiming Draymond Green as this year's POY.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    You fellas talking NBA got me to thinking about a discussion I saw on an IU board. I will put it in the UK context in the form of a question.

Who would you consider as the best NBA player that went to UK?
    Issell is the best I saw. He could score with anyone and he was a tough dude too. Mashburn is a close 2nd. If he could have been more healthy he may have surpassed Issell. Louie Dampier did mainly play in the ABA but he could have been just as good in the NBA. He could flat out shoot the ball. He was a great 3 point shooter in the ABA and the 3 point line was further back than in the NBA. I saw Dampier play in an exhibition game against the UK seniors from the 1986 team. He was about 50 then and he could still stoke it. He and Kenny Walker had to have both scored 40+ in that game. They were equally phenominal offensively that day.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    It's a lot like Alabama football. They've had just the 1 Heisman winner, Ingram. We've had the 1 POY, Davis.* The two programs have a TON of similarities if you look deep. Neither of us has really been the "sexy" program until the past few years, but we've both won. We both had all-time greats: Bear and Rupp. We both have monster fanbases that take a lot of flack. Both of our current coaches are controversial, and we've both had a few "Troubles" in the past.

*Wall won 1 of the major awards, but that's like claiming Draymond Green as this year's POY.
    If that was directed at my comment that I was surprised by only 3 UK players being in the NBA HOF then I dont follow your thought pattern. The college game does not translate to the next level especially in basketball. But comparing Alabama in football to UK in basketball is like comparing apples to beach balls. There are 22 regular starters on a football team and that doesnt include special team players such as punters and place kickers. To equate Heismans to POY awards makes no sense to me. The Heisman is the Heisman the POY is speculative at best because so many organizations or media outlets have their own voting. And BTW, Alabama's success in the NFL not only dips into the Hall-of-Fame, but also shows up on Super Bowl rings on multiple starting QB's that were Bama alums.

LOL......welcome back to the state of Indiana, UK fans. I just saw the pairings for the SEC/Big East challenge. A road game to South Bend. I will be in attendence!!!!!!!!!

I hope LeBron comes back to Rupp Arena next season to do the Y again and brings his Championship trophy and MVP trophy with him.

#LaFamilia

BTW: LeBron winning a Chip will only help UK recruiting.

I hope LeBron comes back to Rupp Arena next season to do the Y again and brings his Championship trophy and MVP trophy with him.

#LaFamilia

BTW: LeBron winning a Chip will only help UK recruiting.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    How so?
    THE LEBRON 9: SHOE SCIENCE -- VERSATILITY - YouTube!

That's just for you, young fella.

So King James saying he likes Cal and visa versa, coupled with the fact that he now has a ring and a line of basketball sneakers equates to helping Kentucky with recruiting?

Forgive me, but the last time I checked UK was doing just fine. But hopefully your formula works....because if it does maybe D-Wade getting his second chip will help the recruiting at IU????????

Does D-Wade do this for IU?

No, but Wade actually played for Crean. I am sure we will be seeing more of him in Bloomington in the future. It would be a helluva lot better than seeing Isiah Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?