Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Talk about living the life......

Anthony Davis 4 Point Play- USA Basketball (HD) - YouTube

Pretty funny he gives Cal, O, and Strick a little trash talk after hitting the 3.

His arms look twice as big as when he was at UK. He has been hitting the weights hard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Talk about living the life......

Anthony Davis 4 Point Play- USA Basketball (HD) - YouTube

Pretty funny he gives Cal, O, and Strick a little trash talk after hitting the 3.

His arms look twice as big as when he was at UK. He has been hitting the weights hard.
    Can't tell for sure but it looks like Antigua gave him the finger.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I don't know what AD was saying to the UK staff, but that was a moment for the ages. Absolutely hilarious. I'm guessing AD was saying something like Cal should have let him shoot 25-footers at UK. Too funny. Pretty cool that AD flashed the "three goggles" too.

His time with the Olympic squad could be invaluable for Davis as a player next NBA season. The experience playing with these guys-- and, if yesterday can be believed, playing well-- could allow him to skip the typical flutters that often affect rookies as they enter the professional league.

He can also find out quickly what works and what doesn't on both the players he practicing against and the opponents he's sure to face at the Olympic level.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I've always tried to be respectful towards you, even though I consider 99% of the IU fanbase to be complete idiots. The more you post in the UK THREAD, the more you sound like your fellow Hoosiers. Forget the NBA angle. If you truly believe the 2013 editions of IU and UofL are loaded with bigtime college basketball talent, I have to seriously question your evaluation skills. Why is it only Hoosier and Cardinal fans refuse to acknowledge it'll be a down year talent-wise? You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. Just a few months ago UofL fans were running Pitino out of town. Now they're claiming they have great talent. IU fans are still waiting for a big win away from Assembley Hall (maybe it'll happen in 2013!!). You guys crack me up.

No, you crack me up. You have never been respectful towards me. I respect UK, not you. 99% of the IU fan base idiots? Give me a break. Indiana produces great players at the high school level, hell didnt UK have one this past year? The people in my home state understand the game, most of us appreciate it as well. I cant speak for all IU fans, just myself. But the college teams in this state are heavily followed, just as the high school teams are and the talent they produce. Why is it that only Hoosier and Cardinal fans refuse to acknowledge it'll be a down year talent-wise? I imagine you know nothing of Michigan's talent returning. Why dont you ask them about the talent level of their team? Why dont you ask NC State what they got returning? BTW IU beat the Wolfpack last year on the road, no neutral site BS, at their on-campus facility.

Quite frankly NY, you dont know squat. I dont know you, dont want to. Your opinions are just what they are...."your opinions". Sometimes it is best just to just keep your mouth shut, ya just never know when the worm will turn.

Why is it IU fans can't have a civil basketball discussion? It's as if they're all direct offspring of Bobby Knight. They don't agree with something you say, so they start with the insults. This is a UK basketball thread and you're constantly bent because UK fans don't fall in line to agree with your takes on IU. What's wrong with this picture?

OK, guys we can cool it with the personal stuff here?

Just as an aside, these UK threads have always served as a sort of catch-all for general college basketball discussion, most often in a very positive way. All are welcome to post here, so long as they do so in a respectful manner and abide by the rules of the board.

I, myself, am no longer a UK fan, but I still enjoy coming to these threads to discuss hoops with UK fans and others. And yes, occaisionally razzing my UK fan friends (WMR, that's you).

Please don't screw that up by insulting or personally attacking others.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 07-14-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Why is it IU fans can't have a civil basketball discussion? It's as if they're all direct offspring of Bobby Knight. They don't agree with something you say, so they start with the insults. This is a UK basketball thread and you're constantly bent because UK fans don't fall in line to agree with your takes on IU. What's wrong with this picture?
    It was actually one guy. Me and rev agreed with a lot of your and mostly Scrap's points but you called all of us idiots anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Then, if one guy is the problem let's all hit the Ignore function or send that poster to the showers.

It's really easy to do.

I've done it.

As to UK basketball threads, I agree that they've become a catch-all for discussion, but it's low-class to post incendiary message after incendiary message baiting Kentucky fans with wrong-headed hyperbole, homer analysis, and false outrage. Kentucky fans can only take so much, after all. They're not used to having vitriol heaped upon them by everyone from Vitale to Bobby Knight to every national sportswriter that's ever picked up a pen. (Aside from Greg Doyel, who's a UK homer.)

My apologies. For the record, my "idiots" comment came after someone else called me one. I've been respectful in every other post in this thread. I'll be a good boy from now on.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Then, if one guy is the problem let's all hit the Ignore function or send that poster to the showers.

It's really easy to do.

I've done it.

As to UK basketball threads, I agree that they've become a catch-all for discussion, but it's low-class to post incendiary message after incendiary message baiting Kentucky fans with wrong-headed hyperbole, homer analysis, and false outrage. Kentucky fans can only take so much, after all. They're not used to having vitriol heaped upon them by everyone from Vitale to Bobby Knight to every national sportswriter that's ever picked up a pen. (Aside from Greg Doyel, who's a UK homer.)
    No need for that. This poster will quit checking out the UK thread. You guys can have it all to yourselves and enjoy shining in the sun. Nice semantics Scrap.........wrong-headed hyperbole made me laugh..........

Take care fellas.

So where do we stand on the '13 prospects?

#1 Jabari Parker.... we are 1 of 10 teams listed as 'medium' interest.
    #2 Julius Randle.... 1 of 12 teams listed w/ Medium interest
    Harrison twins.... I've always felt like we would get these two.... looks like are in the final 4 or 5 on their list

There is also talk of Andrew Wiggins reclassifying to '13. We are definitely in the mix on him, so it seems. Can Parker and Wiggins coexist? I see they're both listed as SFs. I know with Cal's system, it usually doesn't matter.

I expect:
    Wiggins and his Canadian teammate, Xavier Rathan Mayes, to both come aboard in 2013, along with the Harrison twins. I don't know how Calipari will do it, as all four would deserve to start.

He could go with an extremely small team and Willie Cauley-Stein as center. (That would be a 6'4", two 6'5"'s, and a 6'6" to go along with a true 7 footer.) He could invert his guards as posters (a la Crum's best teams at UofL) and pass out of the elbow with the center. They could press all day, as all four can handle, not to mention shoot the lights out. (Both SG Harrison and Mayes are dead-eye shooters and, as they enter college, will be among the five or so best shooters in the nation.)

I hear Wiggins isn't reclassifying. Would actually be better for us considering who we're solid with for 2013. Cal could end up taking 4 of the top 10, sickest class ever (until he beats it in a year or two).

We will know about Wiggins definitively in August.

Turn Off Ads?