Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

No, it's not. I will bet you that one of Randle or Aaron Gordon ends up in this class, plus Wiggins if he re-classifies. Marcus Lee knows he's not One n Done and is fine with coming off the bench.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    So I ended up winning one of those final four floor pieces on auction... wasn't cheap but it is gonna look so good in my office.

http://www.charityauctionstoday.com/...tion_id=164814
    I've got the perfect spot in my bathroom for that.

On an unrelated note, can I borrow that for a week or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

After watching the All Access last night, two things:

1. Willie Cauley-Stein is going to be good. Really good. As in one and done good. Nerlens might get all of the preseason hype, but WCS might be one of the better players by the end of the season. I'd love to see him back the following season when we will have a major height disadvantage.

2. I'm sticking to my original prediction. Archie Goodwin will be starting at PG over Ryan Harrow. Harrow isn't vocal enough to lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    After watching the All Access last night, two things:

1. Willie Cauley-Stein is going to be good. Really good. As in one and done good. Nerlens might get all of the preseason hype, but WCS might be one of the better players by the end of the season. I'd love to see him back the following season when we will have a major height disadvantage.

2. I'm sticking to my original prediction. Archie Goodwin will be starting at PG over Ryan Harrow. Harrow isn't vocal enough to lead.
    1) Cauley-Stein disappears far too often both offensively and defensively, but, yeah, the tools appear to be there, for sure. I cannot imagine how scouts missed his upper one percent athleticism. He's the best running big man I've seen in a few years, his hands appear to be plus-plus, and he plays strong. If he can keep the ball off the floor and take advantage of his full height, he'll leave early. (Though I doubt he'll leave after only one year.) The situation with he and Noel reminds me of Orton and Cousins.

2) Goodwin looked like the best player on the floor last night in the Blue-White scrimmage. If he can consistently knock down the three (two of them last night, IIRC), he's unstoppable offensively. And, though Mays (the Wright State transfer) scored fairly well, he hit some really tough shots. Goodwin played him tough most of the night. (He does need to slow down at times-- he too often gets in too big of a hurry.)

Wiggins is officially reclassifying. If UK can add Wiggins plus either Randle or Gordon = greatest class ever and potentially 40-0. Just a staggering amount of talent on that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I've got the perfect spot in my bathroom for that.

On an unrelated note, can I borrow that for a week or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razor, I've been thinking about you a lot. A whole lot.

Reporter friend offered $50 that Wiggins would go to the ACC.

Should I make the bet, UK fans?

I wouldn't trade UK's spot with Wiggins for anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wouldn't trade UK's spot with Wiggins for anyone else's.
    I've heard FSU is the leader, and he's interested in how he might fit in at Duke. The Young and Harrison committments (so goes the thinking) gives Wiggins an opportunity at a national championship, but severely limits possible minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I've heard FSU is the leader, and he's interested in how he might fit in at Duke. The Young and Harrison committments (so goes the thinking) gives Wiggins an opportunity at a national championship, but severely limits possible minutes.
    Wiggins' minutes aren't getting limited by anyone. He might limit the minutes of someone else though. We're talking about the best high school player since LeBron.

He will be at UK or Florida State, I pick UK.

FSU scored a major commitment in his friend Xavier Rathan-Mayes.

Wiggins HS team is playing at Marietta College in early December. If I don't have to work that evening, I might try to get tickets.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

1) Cauley-Stein disappears far too often both offensively and defensively, but, yeah, the tools appear to be there, for sure. I cannot imagine how scouts missed his upper one percent athleticism. He's the best running big man I've seen in a few years, his hands appear to be plus-plus, and he plays strong. If he can keep the ball off the floor and take advantage of his full height, he'll leave early. (Though I doubt he'll leave after only one year.) The situation with he and Noel reminds me of Orton and Cousins.

2) Goodwin looked like the best player on the floor last night in the Blue-White scrimmage. If he can consistently knock down the three (two of them last night, IIRC), he's unstoppable offensively. And, though Mays (the Wright State transfer) scored fairly well, he hit some really tough shots. Goodwin played him tough most of the night. (He does need to slow down at times-- he too often gets in too big of a hurry.)
    I find the Orton-Cousins comparison interesting, because to my knowledge Cal never used the two together. He used Orton as a backup for Cousins and nothing else. Cal has said he might use WCS and Noel together.

No matter where he goes he is going to get the minutes. He will be the first pick of the NBA draft no matter where he goes also. Its a matter of where he thinks he has the best opportunity to win a national championship. Right now with what UK is bringing in next season and with a possible holdover or two from this years team you would have think it would be UK. It's up to him in the end of what he wants.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I find the Orton-Cousins comparison interesting, because to my knowledge Cal never used the two together. He used Orton as a backup for Cousins and nothing else. Cal has said he might use WCS and Noel together.
    On the All Access show Cal was talking with Joe B on how to use two big men at once. Not a bad guy to go to there for advice.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    No matter where he goes he is going to get the minutes. He will be the first pick of the NBA draft no matter where he goes also. Its a matter of where he thinks he has the best opportunity to win a national championship. Right now with what UK is bringing in next season and with a possible holdover or two from this years team you would have think it would be UK. It's up to him in the end of what he wants.
    His minutes at Kentucky would be more limited than his minutes at FSU. So would his shot attempts. If he wants to be The Man, UK isn't the place to be. Even Calipari has used this as a selling point.

And, while you may be right in his focus on a national championship, Wiggins has family (both parents are FSU grads) and friends (Rathan-Mayes is his BFF, IIRC) to consider. I'd love to see Wiggins in Lexington, if only because I really like Calipari and Wiggins is (by all accounts) a great player, but, were I him, I don't know if that pull of a possible 40-0 national championship team is enough.

I do, however, think Calipari's recent musings on a possible unbeaten team in the NCAA is genius. He's separating himself from the rest of the coaches-- go elsewhere and chase a possible NCAA Championship. Come to Kentucky, and chase history. The insinuation is that Kentucky is again somehow above the rest of CBB. (I'm convinced he would have made millions as an ad exec, had he chosen to go into that type of business.) This has to be attractive to those super, ultra-high level prospects he recruits. Not only are we good enough to win an NCAA crown, if enough of us sign together, we could do something no one has done in 35 years.

Turn Off Ads?