Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    On the All Access show Cal was talking with Joe B on how to use two big men at once. Not a bad guy to go to there for advice.
    The only reason the Twin Towers worked at Kentucky is because both Turpin and Bowie could hit the 15-footer at a high clip.

Neither Cauley-Stein nor Noel can do that, as of now. That means teams will slough off and double-team the post front and back, banking on the inability of either to hit enough of those to matter.

Calipari's a great coach, but even he may struggle teaching 7-foot 18-year-olds how to hit 60% of their elbow jumpers after they've been shoved under a basket their entire lives. Especially considering he'd have only a month or two to teach it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

UK is the heavy favorite for Wiggins according to most recruiting insiders. I don't know why anyone would doubt Calipari - seems he can get about any recruit he wants at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    UK is the heavy favorite for Wiggins according to most recruiting insiders. I don't know why anyone would doubt Calipari - seems he can get about any recruit he wants at this point.
    I'd call them a favorite, but I'm not discounting FSU either. As Scrap put it, both of his parents graduated from there and his HS buddy is going there. Leonard Hamilton has that connection and Cal already has Aaron Harrison and James Young on the wings. Wiggins would likely push one of them to the bench and given the extra bodies, he wouldn't be the "star" at Kentucky.

I guess it depends on which way to look at it. Come to Kentucky, be one of many and play on a team that will likely chase history, or go to FSU and chase UNC and Duke while being the "man". One possibility to consider though, if Jabari Parker ends up at Duke, that will be an interesting chase in the ACC if Wiggins goes to FSU.

On a side note, Kentucky will be playing a loaded schedule that season, so an undefeated season would be an amazing feat given they will be playing Michigan State in Chicago, Baylor in Jerryworld, UNC in Chapel Hill, Louisville at Rupp, and possibly Duke on a neutral site to be named later.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-28-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK ranked number one by kenpom...

Trying to settle a bet. I am really not trying to flame here. I promise. Did UK hang a banner of some sort for the 1992 team that lost in the Elite 8?

I really don't care either way if they did, just wanted to know.

Nope, they did retire the 5 starters jerseys immediately after the game though... (CM Newton flexing his muscles...)

UK only hangs banners for championships, final fours, and championship runner ups.

Oh yeah: ACTUAL championships... We don't try to pass off Helms titles as legitimate championships (cough UNC & KU cough)...
    Last edited by WMR; 10-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.

From what I've heard out of Kentucky fans, IU renamed Assembly Hall "Last Second Shot" after they beat UK last year. Or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Nope, they did retire the 5 starters jerseys immediately after the game though... (CM Newton flexing his muscles...)

UK only hangs banners for championships, final fours, and championship runner ups.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    From what I've heard out of Kentucky fans, IU renamed Assembly Hall "Last Second Shot" after they beat UK last year. Or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can tell you've been thinking about that shot a lot. A whole lot.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Nice, enlightening article about a former UK star.

The most dynamic point guard in Los Angeles plays for the Clippers. And he doesn't even start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...e-eric-bledsoe
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Watched half of the exhibition last night:

Archie Goodwin will either be a star by the end of the season, or a ballhog that would make Ramel Bradley jealous. There will be no in-between. For those who missed the All Access on Thursday, Cal was exceptionally hard on Goodwin and Harrow both and it will be interesting to see who finishes the season at PG.

I'm not sold on Alex Poythress. He has the skills to be a solid player, but his motor is highly questionable. Hopefully Cal gets it straightened out.

When Nerlens and WCS were on the floor at the same time, the whole dynamic of the team changed. Nerlens actually had a better offensive game than I thought he would.

I see Wiltjer having a sophomore slump. His main strength is shooting the ball and this year more teams will be geared up to stop him. He struggles rebounding and on defense which may limit his actual minutes in a game as well.

Northwood's head coach was Rollie Massimino. Didn't even know he was still around.

I'm not trying to be negative, but this is going to be a learning curve with really no veteran leadership to speak of on this team. This team reminds me of Cal's second team after Wall, Cousins, etc. Good building blocks in place with a couple more ingredients for a run at the 2014 trophy.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Disagree with most of that...

There will be growing pains, but I'm frankly sort of amazed that people are still doubting Cal's methods.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-03-2012 at 12:21 AM.

There will be growing pains, but I'm frankly sort of amazed that people are still doubting Cal's methods.

Same here. This will be a good team. It will take a few losses early but in the end they will be a contender for the title. That's all you can really ask.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not doubting Cal's methods, but there is lesser talent than there has been at any time during Cal's tenure here at Kentucky. This team could make it back to the Final Four just because the overall NCAA talent level is down, but I think there will be struggles early on and possibly on the road in SEC play, just like two years ago.

I just think the stage is being set for next season, just like two years ago when building up for last season.

Turn Off Ads?