Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    There's no bias in saying that Louisville fans wanted both Pitino and Siva gone back in February. They were that bad. It's also not biased to say the only reason UofL made the Final Four is Florida had one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of the tournament. Louisville also lost their two best shooters off a very poor shooting team. That team being ranked #2 only means that this is a very, very down year for college basketball.
    Bro how can you say this?

Louisville has:
    - The fastest PG in the history of college basketball
    - The greatest transfer in the history of college basketball (He was also the BEST player on the team, LAST YEAR!)
    - A "BEAST" Power Forward who is a Charles Barkley clone (Better than Mashburn???)
    - Possibly the greatest late pick-up freshman in the history of College basketball (another BEAST, BTW)
    - The best player in the history of Chicago high school basketball
    - The greatest shot blocker to ever come out of Africa

If only Marra wasn't injured, you could add greatest shooter in the history of college basketball to the list...
    Last edited by WMR; 11-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Louisville has:
    - The greatest transfer in the history of college basketball (He was also the BEST player on the team, LAST YEAR!)
    - A "BEAST" Power Forward who is a Charles Barkley clone (Better than Mashburn???)
    - Possibly the greatest late pick-up freshman in the history of College basketball (another BEAST, BTW)

If only Marra wasn't injured, you could add greatest shooter in the history of college basketball to the list...
    I don't think I've said any of this.

Where do you think this Louisville team would have been ranked last November?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I tend to agree. However, I'm not the one who made the comparison. I just said he wasn't very good defensively.

Re-reading prior posts in the thread may be helpful.
    My bad. I went back and read the previous posts before I posted earlier. Even now, it's a little confusing as to what you were saying. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Louisville has:

Rick, is that you?

Louisville has:

By the way, the great Luke Hancock -- the best player on the team and the answer to UofL's shooting woes, according to Pitino -- after two games, is averaging 6 points a game on 4-22 shooting, and 3-19 shooting from outside the arc. He also has more turnovers than assists.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I don't think I've said any of this.

That's ok, he thinks Tom Crean has petitioned the NCAA to force Kentucky to build a monument commemorating IU beating them in front of Rupp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's ok, he thinks Tom Crean has petitioned the NCAA to force Kentucky to build a monument commemorating IU beating them in front of Rupp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A shrine for a regular season victory and Sweet 16 rings!!

Crean has been thinking about that Sweet 16 loss a lot. A whole lot.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-15-2012 at 11:37 PM.

I love teasing UL, IU, and OSU fans. But, it is really cool that the top 4 teams in the country are no more than 3 hours apart from one another. Maybe we should skip the NCAA tournament and have a KOI tourney.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Rick, is that you?
    Direct from my favorite booth in Porcini's.

Marking off the days until 2017...

Working on my next list of superlatives.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    8th or 9th, IMO.

They can't shoot at all. Worse, there's no one on the roster who even looks like a shooter at this point. At this point in last season, UNC and Kentucky own talent that looked far superior. Syracuse was rounding into the third team in the talent troika, while OSU as good as anyone in the country. Baylor looked really tough, with both shooters and length. UConn was long, had shooters, could play suffocating D, and had a game-changing center who'd just signed an LOI. Vandy had three outstanding seniors who were all NBA-ready. Duke had the best freshman in the country, a great supporting cast, and Coach K. Florida had Brad Beal, two great SEC guards already, and another guard who'd shown flashes of stardom at a smaller school, not to mention a stud inside and a streaky matchup nightmare.

This year's Louisville team has Peyton Siva, who's always been inconsistent. He's Tyshawn Taylor without the extra gear.
    They have an undersized power forward, who needs to play with a full-out motor and be that bell cow if their team has any chance of outscoring you.
    They have a defense-first center, who's developing offensive game holds promise, but is still inconsistent. (There's a trend here.)
    Russ Smith is mercurial; he's never met a shot he didn't like.
    The others are okay; Blackshear looks like an athlete, but can't shoot. Neither can Ware.

Aside from the shooting, they remind me of last year's Kansas team. But that shooting may mean an upset a round or three earlier than expected. What many NCAA teams have discovered over the past 20 years or so is that your team has to be good at both offense and defense. Shooting percentages matter.

This UK team is going to be another monster come March. Noel, Poythress and Goodwin are phenoms. Kyle Wiltjer is leading the country in 3-pt FG percentage at 63.2%. Just need to get Harrow back, and apparently that will be our next game. If he can just be adequate and steady, this is potentially another championship team.

Talked to a former sportswriting friend who was watching Andrew Wiggins play in Scott County. He saw Coach Calipari, Kenny Payne, Orlando Antigua, and a couple players (Polson and Wiltjer) make the trip.

FWIW, his view on Wiggins: best athlete he's seen in high school basketball in a long, long time. His vertical is astounding, at least 40 inches. He's seen multiple dunks wherein Wiggins' head was at, over, or near the rim (!). Quick release on his jumper with unlimited range, though he tends to play a bit too fast at times and can shoot himself out of a game. Plays hard. Defense needs work, as he stands straight up when he plays. Didn't play well today, according to friend.

Opinion on Wiggins at Kentucky: likely. Mentioned Calipari's ability to merge egos, talents into a team, focus on possible unbeaten season, rather than national championship. Worry, according to scuttlebutt, is UNC/ Duke/ OSU, not Florida State, at this point.

Zeller has the most ironic nickname ever...

Did Crean give him that nickname? I bet he had to think about it a lot. A whole lot.

IMO this is the softest #1 since Bama in 2003.

I think Oladipo is better than little Z right now...

UL will take about 35 3 point shots in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAAT and lose, book it.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-21-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Talked to a former sportswriting friend who was watching Andrew Wiggins play in Scott County. He saw Coach Calipari, Kenny Payne, Orlando Antigua, and a couple players (Polson and Wiltjer) make the trip.

FWIW, his view on Wiggins: best athlete he's seen in high school basketball in a long, long time. His vertical is astounding, at least 40 inches. He's seen multiple dunks wherein Wiggins' head was at, over, or near the rim (!). Quick release on his jumper with unlimited range, though he tends to play a bit too fast at times and can shoot himself out of a game. Plays hard. Defense needs work, as he stands straight up when he plays. Didn't play well today, according to friend.

Opinion on Wiggins at Kentucky: likely. Mentioned Calipari's ability to merge egos, talents into a team, focus on possible unbeaten season, rather than national championship. Worry, according to scuttlebutt, is UNC/ Duke/ OSU, not Florida State, at this point.
    UNC, Duke and OSU have no shot.

It's FSU or UK, with UK still feeling like they lead.

I would be amazed if he didn't pick UK.

Some chatter that Harrow could be done at UK!!

Not sure what his deal is, but he has gone home to deal with "family matters"... Would not be surprised to see this be the end of his UK career, hopefully not!

Polson better put his big boy pants on, and Mays and Goodwin will need to step up in a big way.

Turn Off Ads?