Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Cal talked before the game and sounded like Harrow might be back next week but ya never know. Guess we'll wait and see. They certainly could have used some better point play against Duke.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Some chatter that Harrow could be done at UK!!

Not sure what his deal is, but he has gone home to deal with "family matters"... Would not be surprised to see this be the end of his UK career, hopefully not!

Polson better put his big boy pants on, and Mays and Goodwin will need to step up in a big way.
    JMO but I think Harrow went home to decide if he's going to stay at UK. Cal has probably given him the weekend to make decision. I don't what has happened but something certainly has. You would think with his being at UK last year he should have seen the pressure Cal puts on his point guards.
    Also with Sean Woods comments this week and his actions last night makes his look like nothing but a jerk. Morehead officals are meeting with him tomorrow and will decide on a punishment for him regarding his actions to his player during the UK game. Woods is really on thin ice now and it wouldn't surprise me that he won't last much longer at Morehead.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    JMO but I think Harrow went home to decide if he's going to stay at UK. Cal has probably given him the weekend to make decision. I don't what has happened but something certainly has. You would think with his being at UK last year he should have seen the pressure Cal puts on his point guards.
    Also with Sean Woods comments this week and his actions last night makes his look like nothing but a jerk. Morehead officals are meeting with him tomorrow and will decide on a punishment for him regarding his actions to his player during the UK game. Woods is really on thin ice now and it wouldn't surprise me that he won't last much longer at Morehead.
    I watched the ESPN All Access and came away thinking Harrow would be pushed to the bench by the end of the season. Cal grilled him harder than any other player but I think Harrow was being asked to be a player that he wasn't. Cal wants a floor general as a PG and Harrow has no vocal presence. That being said though, he spent last year watching Marquis Teague and had to have known whether or not he could be a Cal PG.

I look for Goodwin to be the starting PG by the end of the season. Cal has converted slashing guards to the PG spot and made them into lottery picks in the past (Tyreke Evans) and Goodwin fits that mold. He needs to play more in control and start playing like a PG, but he's the best option going forward. It's a shame with Harrow though because UK essentially has Julius Mays and Jarrod Polson and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Goodwin with a near triple double as Kentucky beats LIU Brooklyn 104-75
    Last edited by WVRed; 11-23-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Cats looked turrible tonight. I still believe they'll be ready to go at the end, but that was a rough game to watch.

And Archie isn't a point guard. At all. Harrow missing all this time really, really hurts. It's going to take a while for him to get back into the swing of things.

First true road game and it really showed.

Oh yeah: ND chants overrated and then storms the court at the end. I thought those kids from ND were smart?
    Last edited by WMR; 11-29-2012 at 09:27 PM.

part of BBN

Yep, it will take longer with this team as there is no Perry Stevenson, Patrick Patterson, Josh Harrellson, Darius Miller etc to provide any experience.
    Should also include Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb with that group.
    Agree also, Archie doesnt look like a point guard.

Cats looked turrible tonight. I still believe they'll be ready to go at the end, but that was a rough game to watch.

And Archie isn't a point guard. At all. Harrow missing all this time really, really hurts. It's going to take a while for him to get back into the swing of things.

Oh yeah: ND chants overrated and then storms the court at the end. I thought those kids from ND were smart?
    He isn't, but I believe he can be. It's going to take a longer learning curve though compared to Knight or Teague. Might be the middle of SEC, or it might be the SEC tournament or NCAA tournament. I think he will get it, but he's going to test fans patience in the process.

Awww, you mad?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Awww, you mad?
    ND fan?

No, not at all. We just won the National Championship.

You denying that it's pretty dumb to call someone overrated and then rush the floor after you beat them?

Now, if UK was in a conference that was falling apart and no one wanted us, THEN I'd be mad.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-29-2012 at 11:06 PM.

ND fan?

No, not at all. We just won the National Championship.

You denying that it's pretty dumb to call someone overrated and then rush the floor after you beat them?

Now, if UK was in a conference that was falling apart and no one wanted us, THEN I'd be mad.
    Not really. Just stirring the pot. . You guys will be fine.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I'm an ND fan, and I agree with you. I think rushing the floor is overdone, and should only occur if it is a huge upset (small unranked school beating #1 ranked team), or you win your conference championship or the NCAA championship).

Fans of schools from the major conferences shouldn't be rushing the floor during the regular season.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Not really. Just stirring the pot. . You guys will be fine.
    Nothing wrong with that I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I'm an ND fan, and I agree with you. I think rushing the floor is overdone, and should only occur if it is a huge upset (small unranked school beating #1 ranked team), or you win your conference championship or the NCAA championship).

Fans of schools from the major conferences shouldn't be rushing the floor during the regular season.
    I mean, it's definitely a compliment to UK that everyone get so worked up to beat us. UK plays in more t shirt/black out/white out games than anyone in cbb.

I guess it's good they got in their celebrating over beating an SEC team while they could.

Kentucky falls to Baylor 64-55, ending a 55 game winning streak at Rupp and the first loss at Rupp since 2009.

Can't really say I'm surprised. This team was overrated to start the season. Add in PG play and Harrows absence and it's been a nightmare so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The reload is shooting blanks so far.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?