Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The ACC was UL's only option but they're going to end up hating that decision from a basketball standpoint once they get to start dealing with the Carolina Mafia (The ACC runs through tobacco road) and realize that they'll be fighting for 3rd place almost every year.

Of course, this is all predicated upon the ACC actually surviving as a viable conference which is not a foregone conclusion by any means. Florida State and Clemson want out of the ACC desperately and if that happens I think you'll see the entire conference crumble.
    Which is why I said the Maryland lawsuit is going to be pivotal. If they win Clemson and Florida State will head to the Big 12 and the rest of the conference will be free agents. I seriously want to see the SEC look at NC State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Va Tech and NC State to the SEC, UNC and DOOK to the B10, Fl St and Clemson to the B12?

Va Tech and NC State to the SEC, UNC and DOOK to the B10, Fl St and Clemson to the B12?
    I think the B1G takes UVa over Duke, although Duke would bring in more fans from New Jersey than Rutgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I liked Wiltjer running the offense through the high post. Think we may see more of that.

Much more fluent with him rather than WCS or Noel since he can actually hurt you from out there

This team doesn't deserve to make the NCAAT as far as I'm concerned.

Archie Goodwin is a cancer.

Everything I loved about last year's team seems to be lacking with these guys. Asides from Noel.

part of BBN

Felt sort of bad tonight for Noel as he was battling inside all by himself.
    I know Bama played better defense in second half but some of the shots Goodwin and Harrow were throwing up were almost laughable and Wiltjer dissappeared till the last 5 minutes.
    The one comment Conley made was kind of funny : " Goodwin is throwing up alot of shots that have no chance of going in. "
    Mr Conley, that is what we have been watching all season.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.

part of BBN

Officially, Harrow and Goodwin were a combined 5-24 from the floor.
    Also , Archie played 35 minutes. So for all of us UK fans who dont care for his out of control, selfish type play, he very seldom seems to draw much of Cal's wrath.

This team doesn't deserve to make the NCAAT as far as I'm concerned.

Archie Goodwin is a cancer.

Everything I loved about last year's team seems to be lacking with these guys. Asides from Noel.
    I think Drew Franklin from KSR put it best :

This is not the University of Archie Goodwin.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I've intentionally stayed out of this thread because I've been taking my frustrations out on other UK boards and its not been pretty.

I absolutely loathe #10.

I really believe after watching UCLA and Arizona tonight that Shabazz Muhammad was the missing piece to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I really believe after watching UCLA and Arizona tonight that Shabazz Muhammad was the missing piece to this season.

Yep, literally just sent a tweet out saying that Shabazz's dad ruined his and UK's season.

part of BBN

A win but yet a game UK should have won handily and didnt. In fact, a slip-up by officials helped near the end.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

This what a bunch of frosh are supposed to look like when tossed into the position they are in.

part of BBN

I found this quote about Goodwin from Cal.
    Excellent coaching move concerning his out of control drives:
    “What we’re doing to help him with that is that he’s not allowed to shoot lay-ups in practice. He must pull up in the lane and either shoot pull-up jumpers around the free-throw line or shoot runners. If he shoots a lay-up, it’s a turnover.”

Also, I would suggest if Archie continues to look for contact to shoot free-throws, he may want to do better than 5-9 or 7-13 when he gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This what a bunch of frosh are supposed to look like when tossed into the position they are in.
    I'd normally agree, but look at UCLA and the success they are having this season.

The key is balance. The Kentucky teams Cal has had the past three seasons have had veterans on the team. This years team lacks that, outside of players who have mostly been benchwarmers their entire UK career (Polson and Hood).

I knew this season would likely be a bridge year. I just expected them to start clicking by now. Noel has done fine and Poythress is starting to "get it". Archie Goodwin might be the one who makes or breaks this season.

Turn Off Ads?