Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Agreed. Their RPI was around 60 going in to last night and the rest of the schedule is weak enough that they can't sustain more than a couple losses and expect more than an 8-9 seed. Beating Florida is just about the only way to make it happen.
    UK's RPI jumped from 62 to 45.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I just watched a little of the game but he pretty much camped out in the paint.

What made Davis so unique is he could guard a guard after a pick on the high post and block an outside shot, mid range shot, and one around the rim.

I watched the first half and man was that some poor basketball. The refs sure dictated the pace of play in the 1st.
    Davis was allowed to float around and make plays all over because there were other players who could guard the paint.

Noel cannot leave the paint. Ever. He's the first and last line of defense when it comes to guarding the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Noel is an amazing shot blocker. What he did last night after picking up his fourth foul was one of the great defensive performances I've ever seen, if not the best. He's on Davis' level defensively. However, offensively, Davis in on an entirely different planet than Noel is. It's not even close. Ball handling, passing, mid-range shooting, free throw shooting, etc. Davis had a huge edge (as a college freshman).

On a related note, Cal is known for the point guards he continues to recruit and develop, but I think his string of big men is equally impressive, if not more impressive. Cousins, Kanter, Davis, Noel, Dakari Johnson next year, then Karl Townes after that. That's ridiculous.
    Davis was a guard who turned into a PF almost overnight and was able to keep his guard skills.

Noel is a big man through and through. Davis will be a face-up 4 in the NBA... Noel has the potential to be a cornerstone center for a team which is a very rare commodity in the NBA. NN's offense is still so unbelievably raw... when he develops his low-post game... watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Davis was a guard who turned into a PF almost overnight and was able to keep his guard skills.

Noel is a big man through and through. Davis will be a face-up 4 in the NBA... Noel has the potential to be a cornerstone center for a team which is a very rare commodity in the NBA. NN's offense is still so unbelievably raw... when he develops his low-post game... watch out.
    Agreed on all counts. "Raw" is the perfect word for Nerlens' offense at this point. He just doesn't have the hands or the touch yet to be an effective around-the-basket scorer. Once he develops those soft hands, with the motor he has, he'll be a monster.

Agreed on all counts. "Raw" is the perfect word for Nerlens' offense at this point. He just doesn't have the hands or the touch yet to be an effective around-the-basket scorer. Once he develops those soft hands, with the motor he has, he'll be a monster.
    Unlike Davis, I don't see Noel reaching that level until the NBA.

The transformation of Anthony Davis is something so rare that we will likely never see anything like that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Unlike Davis, I don't see Noel reaching that level until the NBA.

The transformation of Anthony Davis is something so rare that we will likely never see anything like that again.
    Once again, I agree. I wasn't suggesting that Nerlens would develop those soft hands in college (assuming he's a OAD). It may take him two or three NBA seasons for that. Even then, I can't see him ever having the all-around offensive game Davis already has. That 6'2" point guard-to-6'11" post player transformation, seemingly overnight, that Davis went through is, as you said, just too rare.

Kentucky's last road win over a ranked team was yesterday. Indiana's last road win over a ranked team was 1,887 days ago.

I thought that had to be a misprint.

They will have 2-3 chances to end that embarrassing streak this season...

UK's RPI jumped from 62 to 45.
    What we really, really, really need is a win at home over UF.

That's a tall order, however.

part of BBN

What we really, really, really need is a win at home over UF.

That's a tall order, however.
    Plus the way Mizzou appears headed, a win over them may not be as impressive later. Also, if Ole Miss losses this weekend against Florida, they will drop or maybe fall out of the rankings.

part of BBN

On a side note, I seen where Tayshaun Prince was traded to Memphis. Thats good for Prince as Memphis is a 4 seed right now. Course they (memphis) traded Rudy Gay which caused quite a few "Wow's ! "

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Kentucky's last road win over a ranked team was yesterday. Indiana's last road win over a ranked team was 1,887 days ago.

I thought that had to be a misprint.

They will have 2-3 chances to end that embarrassing streak this season...
    And the eye jabbing never ceases. But I did get a chuckle out of it. BTW, that would be 4 chances......at Michigan, at Ohio St, at Michigan St, and at Minnesota.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 02-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.

part of BBN

Listening to Cal's call in show tonight, he had a funny line. He was talking about KY trying to get in a rythymn and said something to the effect :
    " You have to remember....we have played without Harrow for a few weeks and more recently played without Cauley-Stein for 2 weeks and most of the season we have played without Alex Poythress".
    Looks like AP is finally coming around at least a little.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Listening to Cal's call in show tonight, he had a funny line. He was talking about KY trying to get in a rythymn and said something to the effect :
    " You have to remember....we have played without Harrow for a few weeks and more recently played without Cauley-Stein for 2 weeks and most of the season we have played without Alex Poythress".
    Now that is some funny stuff!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I think the main problem with Poythress and Goodwin is that for their entire basketball life, they could give 75% and still were the best players on the court. Now, in big time college basketball, they can't get away with less than 100% effort. They have never pushed themselves and they really don't know how too.

I know from coaching kids, it's hard to coach effort. I have had kids on my team that NEVER gave me 100%. They never pushed themselves to their physical limits. Sort of sad really.

I think Cal is experiencing this exact same thing with several players
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

part of BBN

Noel looking like the number 1 pick :

“Nerlens has been separating himself from the pack,” one scout told SNY.tv. “He has taken his shot-blocking to another level. He’s the best interior defender in the game. A second NBA scout told the website that gets better every week offensively and he dominates the game defensively. ”Nerlens is No. 1,” he said. ”

Turn Off Ads?