I appreciate the "SOME" WMR.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

WMR (02-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

WMR, I dont need any validation from you brother. You seem to take a lot of pot shots at your rivals, and IMO will never give them one ounce of credit when it is due. You made a comment earlier after UK beat Ole Miss, then threw IU's record against beating a ranked opponent on the road in it. I do enjoy your passion for your team, but objective you are not. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Biggest misconception out there.

Practicing 20 hours a week while going to school =/= Basketball as a full-time job.

He will get better going to the pros than staying in college.
    I agree with this. I also think there's a misconception about "being ready"
    The difference an extra year of college makes for a player is that he's more ready to play up to his contract from day one of his contract.

And the distinction is important, If Noel were to return to UK, he'd of course be a more desired draft prospect the 2nd year.
    But if he could return to the draft a year after being drafted and training with his NBA team for a year, he'd be a more desired draft prospect too.

But since the second scenario can't happen, Noel is left with this choice, How much more valuable after a sophomore season than he will be this June? I can't believe that he'd be that much more valuable. Especially when you complicate the analysis with things like time-value of money and other financial considerations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

And that fact that he could get hurt again. Or the relatively remote (but entirely real) possibility that he'll never be the same player again post-injury. It's too big a gamble not to take the money now.

Noel has to go, IMO. I hate that this is the world we live in, but I would hate to see him get hurt again even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Great comments fellas......check the ticker.
    You must not have an ounce of pride in your entire body.

9. Likes:

LexRedsFan (02-21-2013),WMR (02-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well evidently the party is over. Welcome back to reality.
    Next year will be back to reality alright, when UK is preseason #1 and IU is back to being unranked and irrelevant. Enjoy your one season in the sun. You just better hope IU wins it all this year, because if they don't, that long stretch without a title might grow to 30 years, 40 years, who knows how long.

11. Likes:

WMR (02-20-2013)

Check this punk move by Zeller. I guarantee you his brother taught him this move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-TxaPP0h-uQ

You can clearly see his forearm flex as he forces the opposing players hand into his junk followed by the flop. What a wuss. The B1G should be able to look at the tape and suspend him for a game or two. Such poor sportsmanship, can't remember seeing an opposing player physically cause another player to "smack" him in the junk before.
    Last edited by WMR; 02-20-2013 at 06:09 PM.

I knew it. I called that out on Facebook last night but most of my FB friends are IU fans so I was shouted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes:

WMR (02-20-2013)

That... is a strange, strange move to make.

Surely, Zeller didn't plan on hitting himself in the junk with the Spartan player's hand, did he? That had to be an accident...

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    That... is a strange, strange move to make.

Surely, Zeller didn't plan on hitting himself in the junk with the Spartan player's hand, did he? That had to be an accident...

Right?
    I dont know that he actually got hit where he pretended to. Thats what i called out last night. I thought he was faking it from the first replay. Grabbing Nix' arm is new to me but I'm sure Zeller knew what he was doing.

In NBA news, Patrick Patterson traded to the Sacramento Kings.

Boogie, Patterson, and Hayes on the same team.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Looking better so far, Harrow is playing on a mission. Goodwin and WCS are looking good too. Poythress not so much.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

More good news for UK fans: Ole Miss just went down at South Carolina. The parity in the SEC - not that it is a bad thing - makes for entertaining B-Ball; anyone can beat anyone, anywhere.

From an objective standpoint, the SEC tournament should be interesting, to say the least.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I would expect Florida to cruise through the SEC Tournament now that Noel is hurt. Every game not involving Florida is probably a toss-up, though.

Turn Off Ads?