Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Of course not, what a silly question.

His philosophy every year has been to get the best PG with size in the class. He did not feel that that player existed in the 2012 recruiting class which is why he targeted Harrow as a transfer.

Next year Andrew Harrison will be back to the type of PG Cal prefers.
    I heard one report that said Cal thought Teague would probably return for at least a sophmore season. I know for most of last year, I thought Teague was the most over rated recruit ever at UK (he would have lost that award this year though ).
    He did progress alot as season went on which was a key to the championship.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    A little heat? I think the consensus is that he's gone barring a miracle run in the NCAA tourney.
    I guess that would be considered a little heat then.
    I hadnt heard much talk on his coaching future except what Vitale said.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is so silly about it? Geez, it was a viable question. I suppose Cal never even looked at Yogi?
    It really wasn't a viable question, no offense. Harrow is an atypical point guard for Cal, so why would Harrow disappointing cause Cal to change a strategy that has worked GREAT to this point? If anything, it reinforces Cal's preferred strategy as being the right way to go...

Wasn't yogi an Indiana elite recruit? Don't think anything more needs to be said in that case...

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I heard one report that said Cal thought Teague would probably return for at least a sophmore season. I know for most of last year, I thought Teague was the most over rated recruit ever at UK (he would have lost that award this year though ).
    He did progress alot as season went on which was a key to the championship.
    Teague was pretty much excellent from the start of SEC play all the way to the Championship. He came up huge versus KU in the final. His NCAA tournament play is what allowed him to leave after one year as a first round pick.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It really wasn't a viable question, no offense. Harrow is an atypical point guard for Cal, so why would Harrow disappointing cause Cal to change a strategy that has worked GREAT to this point? If anything, it reinforces Cal's preferred strategy as being the right way to go...

Wasn't yogi an Indiana elite recruit? Don't think anything more needs to be said in that case...
    LOL, sometimes you really crack me up!

I look at it this way. If you are gonna have a team whose make-up is comprised of "one-and-done's" it would seem that you would go after a PG that is gonna stick around a few years. My Yogi reference is due to most IU fans feel he is a 4-year player in Bloomington.

part of BBN

Listening to Oscar on the pregame show, said Cal had a different tone all week. Said he was almost forgetting this year and thinking toward next year.
    He must have seen this coming.
    Harrow very very dissappointing first half :
    1-9 fg and 4 to's.

Gutless team ... Gutless effort ... They don't really even deserve the NIT, I'm not sure they deserve the CBI.

What an embarrassing performance........... just embarrassing.

The total antithesis to last year's team.

Ryan Harrow is such a puss...

I could go through and rip each one, what's the point, just a pathetic team.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Gutless team ... Gutless effort ... They don't really even deserve the NIT, I'm not sure they deserve the CBI.

What an embarrassing performance........... just embarrassing.

The total antithesis to last year's team.

Ryan Harrow is such a puss...

I could go through and rip each one, what's the point, just a pathetic team.
    And my question was silly? No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And my question was silly? No offense.
    No, your question was stupid. Do you still not comprehend why? Good lord...

LOL maybe I reverse jinxed them.

part of BBN

Prediction : Lots of empty seats for rest of tourney.

Prediction : Lots of empty seats for rest of tourney.
    I feel sorry for all the UK fans who wasted their hard-earned money to go watch that garbage...

part of BBN

Listening to Oscar on the pregame show, said Cal had a different tone all week. Said he was almost forgetting this year and thinking toward next year.
    He must have seen this coming.
    Harrow very very dissappointing first half :
    1-9 fg and 4 to's.
    Harrow ended up 2-15 with 12 missed layups. Ouch !
    Last edited by jmac; 03-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.

part of BBN

WCS after the game :
    “We beat three ranked teams: Florida, Ole Miss and Missouri. And Missouri’s in it, so I don’t see why we can’t compete in it.”

Harrow ended up 2-15 with 12 missed layups. Ouch !
    And Cal wasted no time pointing that out.

Missouri is up on Ole Miss at the half. Still a good possibility even with this loss Kentucky makes the tournament, and I'm betting that it will be a first round game in Dayton. Say what you want about the NCAA, but they are a business first and would put Kentucky in a round early to sell tickets.

I'd say Mr. Harrow will be looking for a new school next season or taking Twany Beckham's spot on the bench. Pretty sad that Cal thought Harrow would be a better fit for this team than Rodney Purvis or even Marcus Smart.

Edit: I have nothing bad to say about Harrow as a person. For those who haven't seen it yet, he was interviewed after the game and took full responsibility for the loss and was hounded by the media before dropping his head into the towel in tears. I don't pin tonights loss on Harrow alone, but he is in over his head as a starter and would be better off as a backup next season.

I also agree with Jeff Goodman, Cal should decline a NIT bid and just end the season if we don't make the tournament.
    Last edited by WVRed; 03-15-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?