Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

This is a UK thread. Personally I sometimes talk with work friends about things like :
    Would the original Dream Game been more classic if Master has missed at the end of regulation ?
    What would UK looked like with a healthy Bowie for 4 years ?
    Why didnt Pitino put a big guy on Hill ?
    What kind of players guys like Randolph Morris and Jason Parker could have been ?
    I guess while we entertain others, are we any different than other fan bases ? It's what fans do.
    I am not a big Shabazz fan but sometimes we do talk of how different this team could have been with him or Bennett.
    I have a feeling however Georgetown fans talk on forums of how much better they would have been if Noel had chose them instead.
    Next season, one fan base will be saying "if only Wiggins had picked us".
    Wonder if UNC fans ever discuss on their forums how they would look if any of their guys had came back ? Probably not...guess it's just UK fans who talk about stuff like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll admit I've speculated on Shabazz, not so much Bennett. Lately I'm thinking Marcus Smart. How could Cal have missed him?

The one player I wish would have stayed this year was Doron Lamb. I think Lamb could have ran the point, provided leadership, and likely solidified first round status in a relatively weak draft.

Just read something that is pretty true: "If Alex Poythress had Marshall Henderson's drive, he'd be a National Player of the Year". I'm not a fan of Henderson, but he does respect UK with some of the comments he has made.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Even if Cal wanted to end the season now, I'd say UK will accept the bid just for moneys sake. Rupp is going to be home for the second/third rounds of the tournament and fans who normally wouldn't get a chance to see UK due to season ticket holders will be piling in to see the Cats at Memorial Coliseum.
    From what I've read, UK doesn't have enough event staff to handle both the NCAA tournament and NIT. Apparently, if UK is in the NIT, they'll be playing on the road.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    This is a UK thread. Personally I sometimes talk with work friends about things like :
    Would the original Dream Game been more classic if Master has missed at the end of regulation ?
    What would UK looked like with a healthy Bowie for 4 years ?
    Why didnt Pitino put a big guy on Hill ?
    What kind of players guys like Randolph Morris and Jason Parker could have been ?
    I guess while we entertain others, are we any different than other fan bases ? It's what fans do.
    I am not a big Shabazz fan but sometimes we do talk of how different this team could have been with him or Bennett.
    I have a feeling however Georgetown fans talk on forums of how much better they would have been if Noel had chose them instead.
    Next season, one fan base will be saying "if only Wiggins had picked us".
    Wonder if UNC fans ever discuss on their forums how they would look if any of their guys had came back ? Probably not...guess it's just UK fans who talk about stuff like that.
    Recruiting is recruiting. You get what you get. As an IU fan I ask....what if May wouldnt have broke his arm in '75.......what if Benson would have been healthy in '77........what if Knight wouldnt have kicked 3 guys off in '79........what if Woodson wouldnt have got hurt in '80............what if Turner wouldnt have gotten paralyzed in the summer of '81........what if Kitchel wouldnt have went down in '83.....what if Robinson would have hit that shot in '84.......what exactly happened to the team in '85.........what exactly happened to the team '86...........what if Pat Graham was on the team in '92.....did Henderson's injury cost them a NC in '93........what exactly was Knight's recruiting philsophy during the mid to late 90's........What was Mike Davis' infatuation with Bracey Wright.....Kelvin Sampson?.........

Those are just a few of them. I picked the "highlights" out that go through my head all the time when discussing my team. UK fans are not alone on this, nor any other program. But blaming a lackluster season on not getting recruits or talking about all time wins is something different. You play the cards you got in your hand. Every fan is passionate about their school, but in my 45 years on this Earth I have never brought up missed recruits or all time wins as a reason to accept an NIT bid.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I'll admit I've speculated on Shabazz, not so much Bennett. Lately I'm thinking Marcus Smart. How could Cal have missed him?

The one player I wish would have stayed this year was Doron Lamb. I think Lamb could have ran the point, provided leadership, and likely solidified first round status in a relatively weak draft.

Just read something that is pretty true: "If Alex Poythress had Marshall Henderson's drive, he'd be a National Player of the Year". I'm not a fan of Henderson, but he does respect UK with some of the comments he has made.
    I dont know bro....I really dont. From an outsider's perspective you guys get great recruits from all over the country, what you do with them is up to Cal. The year is not over but it is looking bleak. But I do remember a dejected Bob Knight talking after a big loss to Colorado in the NCAA, saying we got something wrong here. We have gotten all these "heralded" players from across the country but something is missing. They aint IU players. It bit Cal this year, he got the talent, however most of the talent werent UK players. Take it for what it is worth......but that is the skinny of it and it happens.

No Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. They also would have had to decline the invite before the start of the season. Looks like we'll find out at 9 who Kentucky plays in the Not Invited Tournament.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

No Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. They also would have had to decline the invite before the start of the season. Looks like we'll find out at 9 who Kentucky plays in the Not Invited Tournament.

Where did that info come from? Not doubting it, just never heard that before.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Am I wrong to not want to go to the NIT?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Came from CM Newton, who is head of the NIT now.

The only out I can see is that Kentucky is incapable of hosting a home game with the event staff working at Rupp, so there is no way they can play at Rupp or Memorial. It will either be Freedom Hall or on the road.

Watching Bluegrass Kingdom on TruTV. Must watch for Kentucky fans.

I'm looking for Murray State in the first round of the NIT as well.

part of BBN

Interesting how I mentioned Randolph Morris earlier and now we play him this week ! Oh wait.......thats Robert Morris.

Interesting how I mentioned Randolph Morris earlier and now we play him this week ! Oh wait.......thats Robert Morris.
    My wife and I took a weekend trip to Pittsburgh and stayed in Moon Township back in September. We ate at Primanti Brothers for an early dinner and was sitting next to i believe the Robert Morris basketball team.

Never would have guessed at the time they would be hosting the winningest program in college basketball.

Bob Morris was my high school principal. I never knew he would still be playing college basketball at his age. He has to be in his 70's by now. But I doubt if this UK could beat an old man at this point. Probably another humiliation for this UK team.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I didn't know about it either until this weekend. Apparently every D-1 team has to agree or turn down the NIT before the season. I guess its their way to make sure enough name teams will actually commit to play. I have wondered what the penalty would be if a team agreed but then back out when invited? Monetary fine? Penalty next season not to play in any tournament? I would say if UK hadn't agreed to go they would have turned this one down. IMO, Cal just wants this season to be over and move on at this point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Bob Morris was my high school principal. I never knew he would still be playing college basketball at his age. He has to be in his 70's by now. But I doubt if this UK could beat an old man at this point. Probably another humiliation for this UK team.
    UK's a #1 seed!

Two yrs in a row...

Turn Off Ads?