Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    UK's a #1 seed!

Two yrs in a row...
    Number one seed in two different tournaments at that. Who else can say that?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'm hearing Harrow is on track to graduate this year and if so, could transfer without penalty. You guys may be in luck.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm hearing Harrow is on track to graduate this year and if so, could transfer without penalty. You guys may be in luck.
    That is good news.....for both sides. In some opinions, he looked as if he wasn't quite ready for what was set in front of him this year, so if he feels he is better served moving on, than backing up(he won't be starting next year at UK), then best of luck to him.

Kentucky did not take care of business...I get that. What I don't get is how the NCAA let Bosie St in the field...really? They finished 5th in their conference and lost in the first game of the big sky or big west...what ever little conference they are in... who did they beat this year?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Kentucky did not take care of business...I get that. What I don't get is how the NCAA let Bosie St in the field...really? They finished 5th in their conference and lost in the first game of the big sky or big west...what ever little conference they are in... who did they beat this year?
    They're in the mountain west which was the number one rated conference in some computer rankings and got 5 of 8 teams in.
    Last edited by joshnky; 03-19-2013 at 06:40 AM.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

As josh said, they were in very tough Mountain West. Their biggest ooc win was at Creighton, they also had a quality loss at Michigan St. Other than that they also beat LSU the rest is meh. Now within conference they had some wins against some good teams.

Who should have made it in ahead of Boise?

BSU: 4 wins vs RPI top 25. 8 vs RPI top 100. 2 "bad" losses. 53rd rated strength of schedule.

For comparison's sake:

UK: 1 win vs RPI top 25. 6 vs RPI top 100. 3 "bad" losses. 70th rated strength of schedule.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

In other news, Julius Randle set to announce tomorrow and its looking like its going to be Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

BSU: 4 wins vs RPI top 25. 8 vs RPI top 100. 2 "bad" losses. 53rd rated strength of schedule.

For comparison's sake:

UK: 1 win vs RPI top 25. 6 vs RPI top 100. 3 "bad" losses. 70th rated strength of schedule.
    Yeah, but other than THAT...

For comparison's sake:

I say Virginia is the team that got hosed the most. IIRC, they had 6 wins vs the RPI top 25. So there ya go. They deserved it more than Boise, imho.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In other news, Julius Randle set to announce tomorrow and its looking like its going to be Kentucky.
    This guy from USA TODAY tweeted this :

Eric Prisbell @EricPrisbell

The way I frame Randle's decision: In 20 days, the 2013 national title will be decided. In 1 day, the 2014 national title could be decided.

Not sure if he has a hint of it or just guessing.

part of BBN

On way home tonight and so listening to game.
    2 tidbits :

Leach said today Cal told Archie in practice he "wanted to see 4 elbow jumpers in each half" ..... so far Archie continues to drive instead of pullup. Result :first half= zero

Also Leach and Pratt made good point on WCS. Said except on dunks, he has been playing more tentative due to a fear of being fouled and having to shoot free-throws.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Declining the NIT bid is not only not going to happen, it's a horrible idea.

As turrible as this team is, we still have an all-time wins lead to uphold and they could possibly win a couple games in the NIT, which counts towards that record.

Unsurprising an asshat Cal-hater like Goodman would tweet garbage like that, however.
    This is extra funny to read right now with UK losing by 9 in the first round of the NIT...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    As far as Goodman, a part of me agrees but the bigger part thinks, UK would be run the thru mill by the media as having a "too good-sore loser" type attitude so I would say take the bid and play "the one game" and end the season.
    Ok Ok I was only joking !

As a big fan, glad to see this season come to an end.

Always have had a saying around these parts, and that is that baseball season starts when UK's season ends. Well college basketball is done for the year so bring on baseball!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

18. Likes:

jmac (03-19-2013)

Turn Off Ads?