Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

If Willis were to red-shirt, would that not free up one as well?.....He could possibly garner minutes..never seen the kid play. But, with the class coming in, and some that may stick around, he isn't likely gonna see much other than garbage time. He should use this next season as extended training.

2. Likes:

jmac (03-21-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If Willis were to red-shirt, would that not free up one as well?.....He could possibly garner minutes..never seen the kid play. But, with the class coming in, and some that may stick around, he isn't likely gonna see much other than garbage time. He should use this next season as extended training.

RS counts against scholly limit.

DraftExpress: No chance. He's 100% gone I'm told. RT @ChrisRoush31 Curious to hear your opinion on Alex Poythress. Turning into a multi-year guy?
    2013-01-15 12:43:10

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2OHlRGt22
    http://www.draftexpress.com

I was looking at the comparisons for our new guys......

PF Julius Randle (Chris Webber)
    SG James Young (Michael Redd)
    SG Aaron Harrison (OJ Mayo)
    PG Andrew Harrison (Dion Waiters)
    C Jakari Johnson (Shaquille O'Neal)
    PF Marcus Lee (Javale McGee)

What do you guys think the depth chart is going to look like next season?

Starters: Harrison/Goodwin/Young/Randle/Johnson?

dp
    Last edited by TeamSelig; 03-22-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: double post

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I was looking at the comparisons for our new guys......

PF Julius Randle (Chris Webber)
    SG James Young (Michael Redd)
    SG Aaron Harrison (OJ Mayo)
    PG Andrew Harrison (Dion Waiters)
    C Jakari Johnson (Shaquille O'Neal)
    PF Marcus Lee (Javale McGee)

What do you guys think the depth chart is going to look like next season?

Starters: Harrison/Goodwin/Young/Randle/Johnson?
    Well, who wouldnt start Webber,O'Neal, Mayo, and Redd?

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    My gut tells me WCS will leave although it also told me Julius would go to Kansas (WV ).
    Let me add how my gut also said look out for Mizzou !

Since Tubby is no longer at Minnesota....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPJQrHsIng

I wonder if Minnesota will be characterized the same way we were, and we didn't even give him the pink slip.

Tubby was a good family man who you would love for your kids to play for, but his style of basketball didn't attract top level recruits. The championship he won was with Pitino's players, and he reaped the benefits.

I said when Tubby left I would pull for him to do well. No ill feelings toward the man, it just wasn't a right fit at Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

TeamSelig (03-25-2013)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Actually WV, I think the fall-out should be worse at Minnesota. Geez, all Tubby did was win at Minnehaha......so he didn't get the recruits, so he wasn't competing for the B1G Title.............But he did get them into the third round this year and they played well. IT IS MINNESOTA! Not Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or any of the other elite programs......just Minnesota. A program that to my knowledge has never one a championship and has been to 1 FF. What in the heck do they expect up there?

Considering the fact that their mid-late 90's run is wiped from the records for rampant cheating, Tubby goes down as one of the most successful coaches they've had there, maybe THE best.

part of BBN

16. Likes:

TeamSelig (04-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Actually WV, I think the fall-out should be worse at Minnesota. Geez, all Tubby did was win at Minnehaha......so he didn't get the recruits, so he wasn't competing for the B1G Title.............But he did get them into the third round this year and they played well. IT IS MINNESOTA! Not Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or any of the other elite programs......just Minnesota. A program that to my knowledge has never one a championship and has been to 1 FF. What in the heck do they expect up there?
    Tubby has also ran off some pretty high profile players in Minnesota, namely Colton Iverson, Devoe Joseph, and Royce White. I don't think that set too well with the boosters in Minnesota, especially looking to what is coming through the state (Tyus Jones and Rashad Vaughn).

Tubby wins with "his" players and has never adapted. If you are Tyus Jones and you have the opportunity to stay in state and play "Tubbyball" or go to Kentucky and become the next in line at PG's to get drafted which would you take? Can't blame Minnesota for trying to keep the kids in state, even if it means cutting ties with one of the most likable coaches in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-27-2013)

The thing with Minnesota is... Who are they going to hire that's better than Tubby? It's not exactly North Carolina, UCLA or Kentucky.

Yes, UK was able to get Calipari, but not before The Billy Clyde Experience. Who can Minnesota get (realistically) that's better than Tubby?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The thing with Minnesota is... Who are they going to hire that's better than Tubby? It's not exactly North Carolina, UCLA or Kentucky.

Yes, UK was able to get Calipari, but not before The Billy Clyde Experience. Who can Minnesota get (realistically) that's better than Tubby?
    Not to sidetrack a UK thread, but at this stage of the game, if the object is to keep the best in-state talent from going elsewhere, the Gophers need someone who will:

1) Not likely use the Gopher job as a stepping stone - Ties to the State of Minnesota are a plus

2) Offer NBA "street cred".

Given the above, the choice is clear: Bite the bullet and offer the job to Flip Saunders.

The problem is, by all accounts, Saunders is in line to replace David Kahn as T-Wolves G.M. But it shouldn't hurt to ask.

Being a T-Wolves fan, 5timeWSChamps should be able to offer more insight here than I can, though.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?