Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Think Kevin McHale would listen if he were offered the Gopher head job?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Think Kevin McHale would listen if he were offered the Gopher head job?
    That thought crossed my mind too. But he's 55 years old and has no collegiate coaching experience whatsoever.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That thought crossed my mind too. But he's 55 years old and has no collegiate coaching experience whatsoever.
    Maybe not, but NBA coaching tenures are typically listed in months, while colleges give a few years. Perhaps, as his Houston team has shown some interesting things this season, he can broker that into a decent deal that will keep him comfortable and working for a decade.

I'd think recruiting wouldn't be all that difficult. He has to have a foot in the door for any awkward-looking white big in The Great White North and most in the South. He might also push former teammates like Danny Ainge and Larry Bird to help him a bit.

Pay him big cash, sign an associate head coach/ recruiting expert for (relatively) big money, and Minnesota could do really well. That area, as said earlier, has had some very good high schoolers graduate lately-- and head elsewhere for college.

part of BBN

On twitter today :

Dominique Hawkins will sign with UK tomorrow!

— Louisville Magic (@Lville_Magic) March 28, 2013

Just sayin, nothing official though one of his teammates mentioned something similar.

Pretty good ballgame tonight...
    Last edited by WMR; 03-29-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Marquette did look pretty good

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-29-2013),WMR (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Who cares? Fact of the matter is, both have a FAR better shot of winning the NC this year than UK does. So quit trying to play to history when you're having a down year. You embraced this coach and the culture that comes with it. So don't cry when it goes bad... And this year... Oh God is it going bad.

The thing you should worry about... What happens in the next few years when one of your hired guns gets upset about playing time and spills the beans? It's bound to happen. And at that point, you're a decade removed from winning a NC yourself. I wouldn't hang my hat on NC #vaca8

In other news, Tubby Smith is meeting with Texas Tech. Looks like Lubbock is becoming the land of former UK coaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Ryan Harrow transferring to Georgia State.

I really do feel for the kid. His father had a stroke during the season and is in poor health. Add in what he went through this season at UK and its obvious the kid had a lot going on.

Definitely wish him well going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Best to Ryan. He seems to be a good natured kid.

part of BBN

We all know the most talented teams do not always win the Championships as some luck, etc is always involved. KY 's chances with Wiggins would be excellent though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PE44...layer_embedded

RT @kwiltj: I just want everyone to know I AM NOT TRANSFERRING. Thought never crossed my mind. I love Coach Cal, the staff, UK, and the BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    We all know the most talented teams do not always win the Championships as some luck, etc is always involved. KY 's chances with Wiggins would be excellent though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PE44...layer_embedded
    Nice little teaser there.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Rick (Detroit)

What are the Kentucky freshmen going to do? They have to leave, right? No PT next year really.
    Chad Ford
    (1:17 PM)

Don't know. They all are saying they're staying. Willie Cauley-Stein will likely be a starter. Poythress and Goodwin are the ones that have to worry about losing their starting job. But coming off the bench won't kill their stock. In fact, it might help it. I hope they all go back to school. None of them are close to being ready for the NBA>
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/47497
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Thy dreaded double post
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-01-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?