Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

I never was a big Epps fan, and definitely not a fan of his post-UK actions. He had one moment to really shine at UK -- the 1997 Final Four -- and he failed miserably. He overachieved considering he started as a walk-on, but when we needed him most, he didn't deliver. I've only seen highlights of Hawkins, but he seems quicker and more athletic than Epps was. The one thing I liked about Epps was his toughness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

I havent seen Hawkins play but Coach Cal the other day used Eric Bledsoe as a comparison to Hawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I never was a big Epps fan, and definitely not a fan of his post-UK actions. He had one moment to really shine at UK -- the 1997 Final Four -- and he failed miserably. He overachieved considering he started as a walk-on, but when we needed him most, he didn't deliver. I've only seen highlights of Hawkins, but he seems quicker and more athletic than Epps was. The one thing I liked about Epps was his toughness.
    In 1997, Epps hit the shot to put the game into overtime. It was ranked, by Mark Story, as the second-best clutch shot in UK history:
    2. Anthony Epps vs. Arizona, 1997 NCAA title game. Epps sent an NCAA finals into overtime with a contested, double-clutch three-pointer with 12.1 seconds left. Alas, his shot proved for naught when the "other" Wildcats prevailed in the OT.
    Post-UK, I know of a DUI arrest.

Is there more?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Epps contributions far outweighed what he was able to accomplish in the Final Four.

As I recall, he was instrumental all throughout SEC play in the years he was there. He played a particularly important role when some of the higher-profile players (see: Rodrick Rhodes) crapped the bed under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Post-UK, I know of a DUI arrest.

Is there more?
    2 DUIs.

Blimpie-- You're thinking of the 95 Elite 8 game where Rodrick crapped the bed.

Epps in the 97 championship game: 11 point, 5 boards, 4 assists, ZERO turnovers.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    2 DUIs.

Blimpie-- You're thinking of the 95 Elite 8 game where Rodrick crapped the bed.

Epps in the 97 championship game: 11 point, 5 boards, 4 assists, ZERO turnovers.
    Actually, I was referring to the 1995 SEC Championship Game in Atlanta between (#3) UK and (#5) Arkansas:

The Arkansas inbounds pass was intercepted by Antoine Walker, who immediately called a timeout. There were 5.5 seconds on the clock. The UK inbounds play had the ball going to Rodrick Rhodes, who proceeded to go straight to the rim, drawing a foul on UA’s Clint McDaniel. Rhodes needed only make one free throw, but he missed both, sending the game to overtime.

Like a freight train headed in a downhill direction, the Razorbacks ran over the Cats to start the extra period, scoring the first seven points, bringing the score to 87-80. Then, something magical happened. With 1:33 left in the game and UK down 91-82, Walker drove the lane, scored and was fouled by Williamson. It was the big man’s fifth foul. So Arkansas’ leading scorer at 22 points, and primary paint defender, was relegated to the bench. Walker made his free throw, making the score 91-85.

Arkansas then turned the ball over on the inbounds pass (perhaps UK’s pressure was finally getting to the Hogs), resulting in a Pope tip-in. With 1:15 left in the game, the Cats had cut the Razorback advantage to 91-87.

At this point the Georgia Dome became a den of thunderous cheering and yelling, both teams surely struggling to communicate and focus, but down the floor the Razorbacks came, playing keep away and running clock until the Cats fouled McDaniel. McDaniel, who made 76.5 percent of his free throws that season, missed both of his attempts, but UK could not capitalize, leading to yet another Wildcat foul on McDaniel. This time, the 6-foot-4 guard nailed both free throws, sending UA’s lead back to six at 93-87 with only 44 seconds remaining.

Delk sunk a 3-pointer on the ensuing possession, cutting the Razorback cushion to 93-90. UK then fouled Arkansas guard Cory Beck, but Beck missed both charity tries. Walker scored on the other end, and suddenly the Razorback lead was razor thin at 93-92 with 25 seconds left.

On the UA inbounds play, UK trapped Scotty Thurman and Anthony Epps picked off his errant pass. Epps got off a shot and missed, but he was fouled while attempting a second shot with19.3 seconds.

Epps, as cool as a Marion County man can be, drilled both free throws, giving the Cats the lead, 94-93.
    Thurman took the well-guarded last shot from about 25 feet, but the ball bounced harmlessly off the front of the rim. Delk got the rebound, was fouled and made a free throw to give the Cats a thrilling 95-93 victory.

2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Punched a teammate, two DUI's, and fired as coach of his hometown team. Sorry, no respect here. There's more, but I won't go there. I judge players by what they do off the court.

Feel free to start a new one. This thread is toast.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?