Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 999

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

  1. #106
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    OK, who has been pulling AH's pigtails now??

    We need to be kind to our Hoosier brethern. 1987 was a long, long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    25 years.

    My, how time flies.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  4. #108
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,190

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    25 years.

    My, how time flies.
    Silver Anniversary time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #109
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    LOL fellas.

    25 years and and only 2 FF appearances since. One NC appearance since. And only 7 SS apearances since.

    My hair has gotten gray, my kids are grown up, and my "Pig Tails" have turned into a pony tail waiting for the Messiah!!!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  6. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    For anyone who dares to complain about UK's upcoming schedules, check this out (from Cal):

    2012-2013

    vs Baylor (at Rupp)
    @ Louisville
    vs Duke (Champions Classic)
    @ Georgetown
    @ Big East team TBA
    vs Maryland (grand opening of the Barclays Center)

    2013-2014

    @ North Carolina
    vs Louisville (at Rupp)
    SEC/Big East Challenge (TBA)
    vs Baylor (in Cowboys Stadium - doubleheader/girls game first)
    vs Michigan State (in Chicago)
    *In discussions with Coach K to start a neutral site series with Duke at different sites around the country, beginning in 2013/14.

    No other school has ever scheduled as many marquee games year after year as Kentucky has, and that obviously isn't going to change.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  7. #111
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Baylor in Jerry Jones' Pleasure Palace > Hoosiers in bloomington

    Cal is the man and UK continues to set the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #112
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Baylor in Jerry Jones' Pleasure Palace > Hoosiers in bloomington

    Cal is the man and UK continues to set the standard.
    UK is recruiting the Harrison twins and Julius Randle, both of whom are from Texas.

    Coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  9. #113
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    UK is recruiting the Harrison twins and Julius Randle, both of whom are from Texas.

    Coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  10. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    UK is recruiting the Harrison twins and Julius Randle, both of whom are from Texas.

    Coincidence?
    I know your question was tic, but isn't it great? Cal at this point is the best coach, recruiter, and marketer in the country. But he is so far ahead of the game in other ways. That's what separates him from the rest.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  11. #115
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,428

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I know your question was tic, but isn't it great? Cal at this point is the best coach, recruiter, and marketer in the country. But he is so far ahead of the game in other ways. That's what separates him from the rest.
    Let's not act like he's reinventing the wheel. Coaches have agreed to play in recruits home areas for a while now.

    For example, Kansas played in Philly for the Morris boys just a couple years ago.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Let's not act like he's reinventing the wheel. Coaches have agreed to play in recruits home areas for a while now.

    For example, Kansas played in Philly for the Morris boys just a couple years ago.
    That's just one game out of a list of a dozen or so marquee matchups. He's not reinventing the wheel. He's just continuing the kind of scheduling that's a tradition at UK -- and UK only.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  13. #117
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,428

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    That's just one game out of a list of a dozen or so marquee matchups. He's not reinventing the wheel. He's just continuing the kind of scheduling that's a tradition at UK -- and UK only.
    So their out of conference strength of schedule would be #1 for many years in a row then, no?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  14. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    So their out of conference strength of schedule would be #1 for many years in a row then, no?
    Nope, it doesn't work that way. That kind of honor would go to a school like Duke, where Coach K schedules a bunch of middle-of-the-road teams while avoiding marquee matchups with traditional powers. That's why SOS is extremely overrated in most cases.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  15. #119
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,190

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    I like the game in Texas. Huge event with probably the biggest crowd ever for an NCAA game. He also mentioned getting a game at Lucas Oil Stadium for next year or beyond. That could be Indiana. So there's hope for the IU fans yet to play UK. The schedule this year will be just a tad weaker than normal but in future years it sure doesn't look that way. Cal mentioned playing a Big East team on the road. I wondering if he was referring to the Georgetown game or someone else?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  16. #120
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Nope, it doesn't work that way. That kind of honor would go to a school like Duke, where Coach K schedules a bunch of middle-of-the-road teams while avoiding marquee matchups with traditional powers. That's why SOS is extremely overrated in most cases.
    LOL on the Duke comment. Every year I look at where Duke is and I just shake my head. Never understood how that works.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25