Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/12/12 -- Nationals at Reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 5/12/12 -- Nationals at Reds

Oooooh. that was close.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hope Harper doesn't hurt himself again after that.

Ball hit up the middle, Phillips goes behind the back to Cozart to end the inning. LOVE IT!

When we talk about luck being a part of ERA and you are having your doubts, remember this game. Latos walking the balpark, gives up a dinger to the 8 hitter and lets the judy lead-off guy take him off the wall. Pretty much doing everything that DIPS theory would make him have a high FIP. Those two fly balls should have been two runs. The first one should have plated the runner on third and the second would have plated the runner on second after he advanced on the first one. Then a great play by Phillips saves the runs for good. LUCK.

Now get somebody up in the pen.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Latos owes Phillips a nice dinner after that play.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Latos owes Phillips a nice dinner after that play.
    Actually, I think he owes Zimmerman a dinner after those 2 bone head plays.

Hanigan leads off with a single.

Latos K's as he can't get down the sac.

Cozart juuuust got under that one. Flyout to left. 2 down.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    When we talk about luck being a part of ERA and you are having your doubts, remember this game. Latos walking the balpark, gives up a dinger to the 8 hitter and lets the judy lead-off guy take him off the wall. Pretty much doing everything that DIPS theory would make him have a high FIP. Those two fly balls should have been two runs. The first one should have plated the runner on third and the second would have plated the runner on second after he advanced on the first one. Then a great play by Phillips saves the runs for good. LUCK.

Now get somebody up in the pen.
    I'm not a huge stat-head, but luck evens out in the long run. It's what you do with the luck that makes the difference. Latos shuts it down for 2 more innings, and he's taken advantage of the good luck afforded him.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Tapper to LaRoache....he BARELY beats Stubbs to the bag. Bang-bang. 1-1 it stays after 5 full.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm not a huge stat-head, but luck evens out in the long run. It's what you do with the luck that makes the difference. Latos shuts it down for 2 more innings, and he's taken advantage of the good luck afforded him.
    I can't imagine he'll be around for two more innings. They should have hit for him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Arredondo in.

Espinosa dinger. Well, that was quick.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I can't imagine he'll be around for two more innings. They should have hit for him.
    Yep

Turn Off Ads?