Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

Votto SMOKED that ball. Off the wall for a double. 2nd & 3rd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This game is NOT over yet folks.

Said this the other day when talking about breaking up the lefties.... Let them bring a lefty in to face Votto.....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Joey Votto now has one half the hits this lineup has had with that double. We need more Joey Vottos, but I think the world is fresh out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Phillips is the tying run against a lefty. Good chance here.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    And yet we still stand in 2nd place, 3 games out of first. We're playing well below our potential and the Redbirds are playing well above their heads. I don't think I'm quite ready to call it a season. :O)
    I heard this same tune last year. They always seem to play above their heads. What ever scrap heap they sign....produces, whatever trade they make seems to work. Do I sound like chicken little? Sure ...and I will be glad when we are laughing about this in another few months. The only bright side if we are not laughing together...is that Dusty will probably be let go.

Dag, Tough at bat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

NL Central champs

Phillips K, c'mon Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I heard this same tune last year. They always seem to play above their heads. What ever scrap heap they sign....produces, whatever trade they make seems to work. Do I sound like chicken little? Sure ...and I will be glad when we are laughing about this in another few months. The only bright side if we are not laughing together...is that Dusty will probably be let go.
    Yep...and every year. They sign Carlos Beltran and we sign...more pitching that doesn't produce and Harris and Valdez. We get our scrap heap players from the bottom of the heap. I'm not a Dusty hater, but something, including the philosophy of this organization must change.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Harper lost the ball. 2 runs score as it bounces behind him.

6-5 Nats. They're calling it a double.

Great goodness. Harper lost the ball and two runs scored. Has to be a hit--our seventh?
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Cant remember the last time I saw that....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Safe to say Kid Amazing has had a rough series
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Lets see what Mr Baseball can do against the lefty.

Turn Off Ads?