Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

Re: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

I rag on Dusty all of the time, but tonight he brought his closer in to the game down 1 run. Maybe he was just getting work in and maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but I liked knowing that Dusty was still acting like the victory was possible.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I rag on Dusty all of the time, but tonight he brought his closer in to the game down 1 run. Maybe he was just getting work in and maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but I liked knowing that Dusty was still acting like the victory was possible.
    Ya but when he played for the tie in the 9th, he called down to the pen and told them to get Harang ready...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!
    [QUOTE=Ron Madden;2593309]The game's not over yet..[/QUOTE

That was awesome. As someone else posted, sometimes it is this kind of crazy game that wakes a team up.

Stubbs and Heisey walking were less probable than a walkoff slam by Votto. Gotta tip my hat to those wild swingers.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

nm

Considering how much Votto values family, the fact that this game happened on Mother's Day has to be extra special for him.

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    2.5 games out
    And only 129 to go.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Of course not, but it's not early anymore and if this hitting drought continues, it will be over. 33 games have been played, roughly a fifth of the season and the team stands at 16-17. Serious moves should be made with the lineup and who is playing, and yet we still see Brandon at cleanup and Jay fifth.
    I just checked the standings and you are wrong.

They are 17-16, 2.5 games out of first.

Fans who declare a loss well before a loss occurs don't deserve to celebrate a walk off grand slam.

I hope that when Votto hit his grand slam you buried your head in shame.

Because you certainly didn't deserve the right to cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And only 129 to go.
    We need to gain a game on the Cards every 51.6 games.

Can it be done?

According to Elias, Votto is the first player in MLB history to hit three homers in the same game in which one of them was a walk off Grand Slam.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    According to Elias, Votto is the first player in MLB history to hit three homers in the same game in which one of them was a walk off Grand Slam.
    Boom!! Canadians rule.

If you go to reds.com and watch the "Must C: Clutch" clips, Marty's call is at the end of the segment. Not sure if this link works...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/video...nt_id=20757173

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    If you go to reds.com and watch the "Must C: Clutch" clips, Marty's call is at the end of the segment. Not sure if this link works...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/video...nt_id=20757173
    Man, that little skip Votto gives after he slams that is about as emotional as I've ever seen him, I think.

Also like the pre-emptive protective covering of the head when he crosses the plate.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Man, that little skip Votto gives after he slams that is about as emotional as I've ever seen him, I think.

Also like the pre-emptive protective covering of the head when he crosses the plate.
    Yeah, the guys might want to go easy pounding on that 225 million dollar piece of equipment.

Turn Off Ads?