Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

Re: 5/13/12 - Reds vs Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Stubbs and Heisey walking were less probable than a walkoff slam by Votto. Gotta tip my hat to those wild swingers.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Joey Votto earned a small chunk of that contract yesterday. Great performance by him. He was very close to a 5 home run day. But I'll take three anytime. I hadn't thought about this but the Nats announcers said by the time Votto's contract is up he will hold most of the Reds offensive records. I think that is pretty much spot on.
    Also I hope the Reds take the momentum from this win and turn it into a really good run. The NL Central is out there for the taking.

You know I am happy......and really not surprised by what Votto did, more really....like it was said...by what Heisey and Stubbs did to get on base. But it is still tempered by the fact I no longer have much faith in this manager in knowing what to do in LF and 3B. He is already talking about how it might be Cairo who gets the playing time at 3B. He said it depends on Frazier and what he does....so Frazier better go 2 for 4 almost every time in order to secure a spot.
    The Central is there for them to win but I have no faith in this managers ability to get the most out of these players.

Nice work traderumor. After I saw my post in print I was hoping someone would come up with something clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I just got home from work
    You didn't miss much.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Hamilton who? We gotta us a Joey!
    Count me among those that would LOVE to have Votto and Hamilton both with the Reds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    See, I don't see it that way at all. To me, it looks like he's wincing because he's not sure he got all of it. He was also talking to the ball on its way out. If it were a no doubter, he would have been much more stoic, IMO.
    Nah, Votto does that a lot when he knows he smoked one. I knew it was gone as soon as he did that.

Turn Off Ads?