Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday - May 13, 2012 Minor League Updates

Sunday - May 13, 2012 Minor League Updates

Louisville postponed.

Pensacola lead two-zip after 3. Tim Gustafson pitched a scoreless first. Kyle Lotzkar has taken over. 2IP 0H 0ER 2BB 3K.

Didi Gregorius with a triple and a run scored.
    Brodie Greene with a single to knock in Gregorius.
    Cody Puckett walked, Koyie Hill singled, PJ Phillips doubled in a run.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday - May 13, 2012 Minor League Updates

Dragons trail 1-0 early.

Dan Jensen with an odd line: 2IP 0H 1UER 0BB 0K.

Lansing scored on an HBP, stolen base, error on pickoff throw and a ground out.

Dragons have received a Juan Perez walk and steal of second. And a Steve Selsky double so far.

Wahoos got a perfect 1-2-3 out of Lotzkar in the 4th, including one strike out.
    Koyie Hill led off the bottom of the inning with a round tripper. 3-0 Blue Fish.

I was on an intramural basketball team named 'Killer Blowfish' years ago. We sucked.

Glad to see Didi with another extra base hit. He's a very important guy to the organizaton's future IMO. A LH hitting, plus, plus defender at SS who can hit a little is pretty darned valuable. He may be the chip that brings home the piece to solve the roster. IMO, he needs to raise that slugging percentage before anyone would give much for him though, so the triple is a much needed step in the right direction.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Wonder what this was all about: Top of the second saw these changes.

Pitcher Change: Kyle Lotzkar replaces Tim Gustafson.
    Defensive switch from left field to third base for Cody Puckett.
    Defensive switch from right field to left field for P. J. Phillips.
    Defensive Substitution: Josh Fellhauer replaces third baseman Miguel Rojas, batting 8th, playing right field.

Lotzkar pitched a 1-2-3 fifth. Another K.

Just noticed that the Birmingham starter only went 2/3s of an inning. Must have been a rain delay in there somewhere.

Kyle Lotzkar with an interesting sixth. Three walks led to nothing. Tack on another K.

5IP 0H 0ER 5BB 6K.

I think the early stats might have been yesterday

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Just noticed that the Birmingham starter only went 2/3s of an inning. Must have been a rain delay in there somewhere.
    The first game is picking up from a suspended game yesterday that made it all of 5 outs. Not sure why they would even start that game, they had to see the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The first game is picking up from a suspended game yesterday that made it all of 5 outs. Not sure why they would even start that game, they had to see the radar.
    So this game is still going the full nine? What about the second game?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Sthis game is still going the full nine? What about the second game?
    Second game will be 7.

Funny how they do that. If they had just not played the 5 outs yesterday, the double header would have just been two 7 inning games. But since they did play those 5 outs, the first game goes 9.

Fellhauer with a 2 run HR early in game 2. He's added to my sleeper list for 2012. The Reds could use him and he's the best LH OF option in the high minors IMO.

NL Central champs

As Dave said, Louisville game was postponed.

Pensacola won their first game 8-0. Lotzkar: 6.1 IP 0 R 5 BB 6 K. De La Rosa, Freeman, and Manno pitched well in relief. Koyie Hill went 3-3 with a solo HR, double, and walk. PJ Phillips went 3-4. Greene and Fellhauer had 2 hits each, Greene had 2 RBI. Pensacola outhit the opposition 11-3.

Pensacola won their second game 4-2. Serrano threw 5 innings and allowed 2 runs with 4 strikes and no walks. Partch pitched a shutout inning with the win. Joseph also threw 1 shutout inning and got the save, his sixth of the year. Fellhauer hit a 2 run HR. Puckett and Perez hit back-to-back solo HR in the sixth. Greene had an error, Fellhauer threw someone out at home and Means got a SB.

It doesn't look like Bakersfield played today.

The Dayton Dragons lost 6-3. Dan Jensen struggled, he allowed 4 R, 3 earned in 3.2 IP. Dennhardt and McMyne pitched well in relief, 2.1 and 2 IP respectively. Lucas O'Rear allowed 1 ER in 1 IP. Selsky and Silva had two hits each for the Dragons. Vicioso, Terry, O'Shea, and Juan Perez all had one hit. Perez and Terry each had a SB, while Dailey was caught stealing. Jensen, Perez, and Vicioso all had errors. Jefry Sierra threw someone out at home.

Turn Off Ads?